• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I really thought this was the season he put his name on the map, now I think he is made of glass and sadly will be one of those players who only ever plays 15 games a season. Still like the lad but think we cant carry so many injury prone players in a squad.

He's made 39 Spurs appearances this season, so we know he was fit and available for selection 39 times, add to that a few occasions he might have been an unused sub then its probably around 42 games that he was available for selection for.

In comparison to Winks 39 Spurs appearances:

Kane 38
Sissoko 38
Dele 32
Dier 24

He's made 39 Spurs appearances this season, so we know he was fit and available for selection 39 times, add to that a few occasions he might have been an unused sub then its probably around 42 games that he was available for selection for.

In comparison to Winks 39 Spurs appearances:

Kane 38
Sissoko 38
Dele 32
Dier 24
Agree with your point, but would add the stat ‘appearances’ can be slightly misleading. For example I’d imagine that almost all of Sissokos appearances are in the starting eleven,whereas Dier and Lamela (I’d guess Winks too) would have a lot of their appearances coming off the bench for a few minutes.....

Agree with your point, but would add the stat ‘appearances’ can be slightly misleading. For example I’d imagine that almost all of Sissokos appearances are in the starting eleven,whereas Dier and Lamela (I’d guess Winks too) would have a lot of their appearances coming off the bench for a few minutes.....

My point was he was fit and available for selection....he wasn't injured.

I really thought this was the season he put his name on the map, now I think he is made of glass and sadly will be one of those players who only ever plays 15 games a season. Still like the lad but think we cant carry so many injury prone players in a squad.

Honestly I think he hasnt been fit all season, and has been playing through injury/issues when he should have been recovering. Simply because we have had so many issues in midfield.

With a proper MF roster to chose from I would expect him to be much better.

My point was he was fit and available for selection....he wasn't injured.
Yeah and like I said I agree with your point. But making an appearance off the bench for a few minutes doesn’t mean you’re exactly fighting fit, only consistent starts really indicates that....

His season is done. Gutted for him.

And that's gutting for us, because he's literally our only deep midfielder who can pass it well. :(

Again, the planning involved in selling Dembele with absolutely no replacements brought in is amazing, incredible - hats off to the board on that one. :mad:

Sigh. At the very least, tell England to absolutely, positively f*ck off when they come knocking this summer. Not a single Spurs player goes to those meaningless glorified friendlies in the Nations League. Not one.

Definitely a recurring theme under Spurs/Poch's sports scientists;

Try to play through the pain, rest up for a while, rehab, try to play again and breakdown, try to get fit, fanny about for weeks, eventually go under the knife.

They always try to avoid surgery as it is the most severe solution, but seems we often end up there anyway.

Get well soon Winksy, in 3 years you could be the best midfielder in the Prem or drinking Buckfast in a skip with Troy Archibald Henville, Steven Caulker and David Bentley

Just read this on BBC. Was really hopeful he'd be back tomorrow or Saturday. So disappointed for us because he's without doubt our best ball player in midfield and gutted for Harry because he's Spurs through and through and he'll miss the CL games. Like someone else said, he's made for them.

I really hope we can get this lad right for a good run in the team for a few seasons.

Definitely a recurring theme under Spurs/Poch's sports scientists;

Try to play through the pain, rest up for a while, rehab, try to play again and breakdown, try to get fit, fanny about for weeks, eventually go under the knife.

They always try to avoid surgery as it is the most severe solution, but seems we often end up there anyway.

Get well soon Winksy, in 3 years you could be the best midfielder in the Prem or drinking Buckfast in a skip with Troy Archibald Henville, Steven Caulker and David Bentley

Wouldn't blame the lad if he went on the Buckfast over the last few days. He's been through a bit of an ordeal...

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/steven-caulker-badly-shaken-up-14967267

Back