• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

After that turn, i was expecting to see him turn it on, but he had another tepid performance. Fair to say the whole team weren't at it yesterday though.

They both need an injury free run of games. Big Vic has been very poor lately, but maybe another 5-10 games under his belt and he'll return to his old self? I hope so.

I thought he looked like he was getting there vs Huddersfield. He had the tendency to completely dally on the ball and look way off the pace when he’s out of form, but when he’s had a run he’s dominant and hard to beat, and does the simple things well. Another player that had been written off as not much use in our squad but if we can get him injury free with a run of games...it wasn’t too long ago he wasn’t dominating the likes of Pep’s City in midfield.

Watched the game in the pub and people kept talking to me (who the hell do they think they are?!?!?), but did Winks get better as the game went on? First half he was a bit dodgy, but 2nd half I noticed he seemed to do a lot of good things when my attention wasn’t being rudely diverted away from the game!

Would be great if he returns to form / fitness.

we need a fit and confident Winks, for now and the future - he had a serious injury last season, and is just coming back from another one recently

Time, the one thing we seems short on is the one thing players coming back needs

Watched the game in the pub and people kept talking to me (who the hell do they think they are?!?!?), but did Winks get better as the game went on? First half he was a bit dodgy, but 2nd half I noticed he seemed to do a lot of good things when my attention wasn’t being rudely diverted away from the game!

Would be great if he returns to form / fitness.

He really started bossing it in the last quarter. That kind of coincided with Dier replacing Wanyama next to him.

He really started bossing it in the last quarter. That kind of coincided with Dier replacing Wanyama next to him.

Or was it it more that Barca knew they could drop off their pressing game a little which caused such panic amongst Winks and Wanyama in first half, afford us the ball more in midfield, all safe in the knowledge that we were leaving huge spaces by throwing everything at them, that they could easily use to pick us off.

Which they duly did.

Or was it it more that Barca knew they could drop off their pressing game a little which caused such panic amongst Winks and Wanyama in first half, afford us the ball more in midfield, all safe in the knowledge that we were leaving huge spaces by throwing everything at them, that they could easily use to pick us off.

Which they duly did.
No, it's because they got scared of being near the ball in our midfield:

tottenham-hotspurs-english-defender-eric-dier-fouls-barcelonas-luis-picture-id1045158830

Grew nicely into the game. Tough game defensively with our injuries and attacking setup, but he did about as well as can be expected given he's still returning from injury.

Needs more of those very good moments to be back to his best, but he's getting there. Hope he's fit enough to start regularly.

There's a lot of potential there. He could be exactly what I'm a missing in midfield if he fulfils his promise. Hopefully he can get a good run of games and stay injury free.
The important thing with Winksy is not to overplay him he must be allowed time to recover from the long layoff.

Bags of potential IF handled correctly needs a good young skilful partner similar to a midfielder at the skill levels of Dele.
Grealish would have been ideal IMHO

Back