• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Yep, sad for him, honestly feel if he isn't able to regain form this season, next season the squad may be a step too far for him. He seems to have Mason's luck re every time he gets a decent run, injuries stop him from making that next step.

You reckon? I’ve been really sad for him but by all accounts Poch loves him, he’s really highly rated and just needs to get back to feeling properly fit again, which he hasn’t really ever been since that Burnley game last year.

You reckon? I’ve been really sad for him but by all accounts Poch loves him, he’s really highly rated and just needs to get back to feeling properly fit again, which he hasn’t really ever been since that Burnley game last year.

I agree. He’s a really special talent that we need to develop.

That performance against Madrid was simply outstanding

Said it before, I think his time is slipping.

- Next season I expect at least one more midfielder in, +fit Lamela, Wanyama +Lucas, don't see a lot of play time for him.

Said it before, I think his time is slipping.

- Next season I expect at least one more midfielder in, +fit Lamela, Wanyama +Lucas, don't see a lot of play time for him.

Lamela/Lucas/Dele/Eriksen behind the striker, with Son playing there too and covering Kane.

Wanyama competing with Dier. Currently Sissoko competing with Dembele. I love Sissoko, but I don’t think it looks like Winks’ time is slipping and I’d be surprised if Poch signs someone in that position to halt his progress. I could well be wrong but I’ve always had the idea that he wants to make Winks something special.

Yep, sad for him, honestly feel if he isn't able to regain form this season, next season the squad may be a step too far for him. He seems to have Mason's luck re every time he gets a decent run, injuries stop him from making that next step.

You may be right about his luck, but ( imo) Winks has shown that he has the makings of a very good player where Mason ( imo) was not as promising a player. I believe that because of that Poch will give him longer to recover and hopefully regain the promise he has already shown.

You may be right about his luck, but ( imo) Winks has shown that he has the makings of a very good player where Mason ( imo) was not as promising a player. I believe that because of that Poch will give him longer to recover and hopefully regain the promise he has already shown.
agree Winks looks to have a higher ceiling as he likes to move the ball quickly and positively which is rare for English midfielders and I think Mason had a lot of injuries earlier in his career which delayed his breakthrough. I think the faith we have shown in him and the rarity of his skill set means we will persevere, I guess the only dilemma is whether a prem loan at a footballing team somewhere like Swansea next season would be better for him than having less pitch time and perhaps trying to hard to impress rather than relax and do his thing.

I don't think he is going to back for some time, they are assessing his ankle again.
Winks must get fixed properly and not rushed.

Will be handy to have around next season after a decent summer break and recovery. A bit like Lamela he's sometimes underappreciated but on the flip side an integral part of our squad especially with Dembele contract uncertainty. We don't really have anyone else in the squad who links up play as effectively as Winks. Eriksen, Dembele are the only others I can think of.

Will be handy to have around next season after a decent summer break and recovery. A bit like Lamela he's sometimes underappreciated but on the flip side an integral part of our squad especially with Dembele contract uncertainty. We don't really have anyone else in the squad who links up play as effectively as Winks. Eriksen, Dembele are the only others I can think of.

It's a shame he'll not go to the world cup though. I think he could have been the difference between England getting to the semis vs going out in the second round. There's no other ballplaying CM in the country like him

It's a shame he'll not go to the world cup though. I think he could have been the difference between England getting to the semis vs going out in the second round. There's no other ballplaying CM in the country like him

Unfortunately I stopped giving a toss about the national team a few years ago. Let Henderson stumble through to the second round instead.

I don't think he would've made any difference to England's chances really. He is a promising player, but not yet a player who would make a difference to our national team IMO.

I don't think he would've made any difference to England's chances really. He is a promising player, but not yet a player who would make a difference to our national team IMO.

He's shown this season that he can outplay Modric and Kroos. That already puts him on a level Henderson and Livermore will never be able to achieve

He's shown this season that he can outplay Modric and Kroos. That already puts him on a level Henderson and Livermore will never be able to achieve
While he played very well against Real Madrid he has also shown this season that he can be outplayed by Camps and Kitching of Rochdale so he is nowhere near the finished article.

While he played very well against Real Madrid he has also shown this season that he can be outplayed by Camps and Kitching of Rochdale so he is nowhere near the finished article.
Oh come on! He was clearly injured there, you’re being visicious, at least I hope you are?

Im not suggesting he’s the second coming of Modric or anything, but you can see the standard of player he is in the first part of this season before he got injured.

Oh come on! He was clearly injured there, you’re being visicious, at least I hope you are?

Im not suggesting he’s the second coming of Modric or anything, but you can see the standard of player he is in the first part of this season before he got injured.
Why did he play if he was clearly injured?

I can see that he is a promising player (as I said). I disagreed with GB that Winks would've had a big impact on the World Cup, IMO Winks being there would've had little, if any impact on England's chances whereas GB thinks that he would've made the difference between us going out in the second round and us making the semi finals.

I can see that he is a promising player (as I said). I disagreed with GB that Winks would've had a big impact on the World Cup, IMO Winks being there would've had little, if any impact on England's chances whereas GB thinks that he would've made the difference between us going out in the second round and us making the semi finals.

I haven’t really got any opinion on your last paragraph, I’m just picking up on you using that game to beat Winks with. Yes he was quite clearly injured, the fact he’s barely played since and that he’s now out having rehab on that same injury should point to that? Come on Finney you’re better than that!

Right now he obviously wouldn't make much of an impact for England. Had he stayed fit for most of this season putting in the kind of performances he did when fit this conversation wouldn't even be happening.

Back