• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Was needed when he came in and did the necessary. I liked his confidence and he does look physically strong enough to build a foundation on!! Good cameo.

He is different to our other midfielders - has a very useful role in our squad.

I like the way he gets up and down the pitch and always looks to keep possession - great example vs CSKA, he tried to beat three defenders, they closed the door and he managed to play a pass 10 yards backwards to keep team possession - still no idea how! Awareness, intelligence, decision making, calm head

Definitely ready. I'd soon be looking for him to start him ahead of Wanyama and Sissoko at CM, let alone Alli

Very assured performance. His confidence will be sky high after Poch put faith in him in a game like that.

He looks like a passer with a brain but has now shown any defensive side yet and you want him to replace Wanyama.... Wow
Agree with this. What I have seen is that he Looks very comfortable on the ball, and plays it safe, not getting caught out, but I have yet to see him under pressure, shielding the ball or making a tackle. That's why I asked about his height. He certainly looks to have bulked up since last year, but to effectively play the holding role in midfield, you need to be strong and be able to virtually replace a CB. Maybe he has that quality, but I haven't seen it tested yet. I wouldn't play him instead of Dier or Wanyama (yet), but alongside any of those, he'll be fine. I have great hopes for this lad.

He looks like a passer with a brain but has now shown any defensive side yet and you want him to replace Wanyama.... Wow

Against weaker sides. Wanyama is too poor on the ball for when we play bus parkers.

Also you'd pair Winks with Dier (if Dembele is missing), and Wanyama with Dembele (if Dier is missing)

Back