• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Come on Winks, Doherty and Davies all of them are not good enough for a team aspiring for a top spot in the PL, you can literally find hundreds of equally good players in any weak league in Europe. And when I wrote Winks hiding I mean he is nowhere near the attacking team players when we are under pressure. Winks have no presence at all defending. We have gone through 4 managers now, It is not the managers fault. Players like Winks, Doherty and Davies have never been good enough for a top ten team in the PL. I think the only reason is that they are still here is that no club are interested in them and Levy cant make a buck on them.

And Winks stats for PL assists and goals I really don't know what to say about. Three assist in 120 games! Are you joking! https://www.premierleague.com/players/7488/Harry-Winks/overview

Premier League Record
Appearances 120
Goals 2
Assists 3
Just a terminology thing then I guess. Whenever we talk about a footballer hiding in the UK it’s related to not looking to receive a pass or moving to shake off a marker. Clearly not something Winks is guilty of.

Just a terminology thing then I guess. Whenever we talk about a footballer hiding in the UK it’s related to not looking to receive a pass or moving to shake off a marker. Clearly not something Winks is guilty of.
100%
He had more touches and made more passes than anyone yesterday
The issue of course is quality of passing abs quality of options to pass too

neves, his opposite number had an accuracy of 77% vs winks 83% and winks made 27 more passes
Neves did make 7 key defensive actions though
What was frustrating was their young lad making his debut had it so easy as he had space to move and pass with us lacking that extra man there

100%
He had more touches and made more passes than anyone yesterday
The issue of course is quality of passing abs quality of options to pass too

neves, his opposite number had an accuracy of 77% vs winks 83% and winks made 27 more passes
Neves did make 7 key defensive actions though
What was frustrating was their young lad making his debut had it so easy as he had space to move and pass with us lacking that extra man there
But how many of the successful 83% winks passes backwards or sideways “safe” passes? I’d imagine the answer is at least 95%.
His creative attacking passing simply isn’t good enough as borne out by his lack of assists, and defensively he offers practically nothing.
He simply isn’t good enough for us.

But how many of the successful 83% winks passes backwards or sideways “safe” passes? I’d imagine the answer is at least 95%.
His creative attacking passing simply isn’t good enough as borne out by his lack of assists, and defensively he offers practically nothing.
He simply isn’t good enough for us.

were back to the old he passes backwards and sideways thing
I’ll be honest I’ve shown on here before it’s not factually correct and people still argued
But he did try some passes forward and they didn’t come off. That was clear and easy to see
The issue comes of course with movement and space to pass in
We saw it vs pool and Lestah that he can play those passes. He had options like he did cs Brighton too, to pass to
Yesterday we had a deep lying defence to break down which we struggled with for years ( before winks too)
To break that down you need movement, quality and luck too. His shot that hit the post could have been deflected in on another day for example
The guy is not the answer but right now the alternatives aren’t there
We need to play a system that means players on the pitch can get the ball and pass the ball first and foremost

Those stats just tell us the number of passes, not the quality of them or the timing of them. You know me, I don't rate him and haven't for many years. He has gotten better this season but still, he's Winks. The definition of mediocre. You don't win things with mediocre midfielders. Fortunately we aren't trying to win anything this season.[emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Those stats just tell us the number of passes, not the quality of them or the timing of them. You know me, I don't rate him and haven't for many years. He has gotten better this season but still, he's Winks. The definition of mediocre. You don't win things with mediocre midfielders. Fortunately we aren't trying to win anything this season.[emoji28]

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk
Were not winning anything unless we get lucky in the cup
We need to sort out the midfield and right now winks is better as an option than Pierre
We need skipp back and we can give Bentacur more games too
And your right those stats don’t share where the passes are made or when
But when I’ve shown that before people have ignored them and TBH I can’t be asked to look for the data anymore
We ain’t conceding goals like yesterday cos of winks (they were very much about bad, bad defensive play) but if we fix the midfield with more bodies playing progressively we will be better

said it after the game to my mate, some spurs fans will find a way to blame winks

the first goal winks is telling the guy to his left (who has let his man go) to go out, but that player stands still and turns his back too (is it Davies)?

there is a really weird hatred for winks within our fan base

Hugo does the basics, the goal doesn’t happen.

You're right, hugo should have done better, but are you really saying that on a wet pitch we shouldn't be anticipating something going wrong and try to protect our goal?
1, hugo should not have been put in that position in first place. No pressure on player renowned for striking the ball, again, three times in two games.
2, follow up a shot, its basic football. It should be instict, not an after thought.

You're right, hugo should have done better, but are you really saying that on a wet pitch we shouldn't be anticipating something going wrong and try to protect our goal?
1, hugo should not have been put in that position in first place. No pressure on player renowned for striking the ball, again, three times in two games.
2, follow up a shot, its basic football. It should be instict, not an after thought.
Nah we should
But it’s being pinned on winks it seems
It’s fudging odd IMO
The same players are the spacegoats even if it’s nothing to do with them
I’m still amazed it’s not diers fault… although it kinda is as his injury has cost us

Nah we should
It’s fudging odd IMO
I’m still amazed it’s not diers fault… although it kinda is as his injury has cost us
It's not odd, it's not weird, he's been playing brick.

Hopefully when Skipp comes back he’ll strike up a good partnership with Bentancur and shield our back line as well as Wanyama and Dembele used to, as right now it feels like we’ve regressed back to the days of Bentaleb and Mason :oops:

Nah we should
It’s fudging odd IMO

Again I agree.
He was busting his nut to TRY and get things going, taking some chances, showing some proper balls. More than most IMO.

Its not just the original shot, they just stand there when hugo makes the save.
Three wolves players follow it in.
We just on the line and admire it.
Was exact same for the two scbc game, two crosses and our second line just stood there admiring them.

From where I was I saw Winks and (I think) Davies exchange a look as though to say ''me or you closing him down.' All the while I could not believe it was happening because I felt the twinkle of doom. And thus it was...

From where I was I saw Winks and (I think) Davies exchange a look as though to say ''me or you closing him down.' All the while I could not believe it was happening because I felt the twinkle of doom. And thus it was...

the lack of closing down was one thing
The lack of following up a shot was worse as there was a lot of spare wolves bodies in those photos … a lot
Very very poor play

Nah we should
It’s fudging odd IMO

I'm not pinning it just on winks, the whole back line and midfield are at fault, but it is the harry winks thread ;)

Don’t see every other player being singled out
It’s odd
I think some of that is down to the narrative of goals conceded when skipp is in and winks is out.
Not a fair comparison in my opinion.
Peh v skipp, yes.
Other than skip that whole area is misfunctioning in my opinion.

Back