• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Thought he did well yesterday, ignoring the ridiculous goal.

Loads of passes, high passing accuracy, forward passing, key passes.

Poor opposition, but showed some of what he can do. Still a massive fight to get into our starting 11 with most players fit, hard to see him ousting anyone right now. But he's doing the right things and at the very least a good squad player to have.

Love to see a plumber like Winks plant a beauty that not only went bar down but post-L and in.

I'll bet there'll be competitions after training to see who can repeat that.

The goal, not my hockey slang.

Love to see a plumber like Winks plant a beauty that not only went bar down but post-L and in.

I'll bet there'll be competitions after training to see who can repeat that.

The goal, not my hockey slang.

source.gif

According to this post they both occupied similar positions overall and i would have to agree from what i saw
Agreed. Looked like a proper double pivot to me.

Ndombele outshone Winks, but Ndombele outshines just about every player around right now, not just Spurs players.

Was a good performance from Winks, against a fairly poor team. Needs to do more to get into the team in the PL, but good to see none the less.

No problem with him getting the goal but I'm struggling with the idea that he deserved it because he tried (and failed) to make a crossfield pass :D

But he's the man who only passes sideways and backwards, I think looking up and trying to play a 50 yard pass into the box was good when he could easily rolled the ball 5 yards back to the player who passed it to him.

No problem with him getting the goal but I'm struggling with the idea that he deserved it because he tried (and failed) to make a crossfield pass :D
It really wasn't that easy a pass, and it needed to be played immediately or the chance was gone. If Kane had tried it, and made it, Bale would have had only the keeper to beat, and half this board would be creaming themselves over the assist. So Winks didn't execute it well, but fair play to him for spotting the opening and giving it a go.

Back