• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
From the Guardian piece:

Leading figures within the Premier League managerial fraternity say that it would not surprise them were Redknapp to part company with Tottenham

It's only a football story, but nonetheless, this is the Guardian, not the Star. I don't think anyone at that paper - even a sports hack or editor with a deadline - would stick his neck out and just make up fake conversations with non-existent contacts. Even on a silly-season sports story, that would be a sackable offence I'd imagine (that is if anyone ever checked up, which they probably wouldn't, but still).

There is the question of what "Leading figures within the Premier League managerial fraternity" means...it mightn't even be another manager with that wording. Could be a coach or out of work ex-manager. But the awkward language again suggests an effort to obscure a real source.

This makes me think it might be true that there are question marks about Harry's future and that it's not just Twitter nonsense.

If there wasn't anything in these rumours about Harry being booted out of the club wouldn't the club have made a statement and wouldn't Harry have said something other than "I'm not quitting" to the journos, like "I'm staying" or something to that effect?

(Yes, yes, thank you captain obvious and all that)

If there wasn't anything in these rumours about Harry being booted out of the club wouldn't the club have made a statement

I'm not sure they would actually. We do know for a fact that HR & DL haven't spoken yet and it would be unwise of Spurs to pre-empt those talks, even if DL's intention is to ask HR to stay. It'd be too hard to word that statement since you'd have to say there's nothing in the rumours, but you wouldn't be 100% certain that's true until you actually talk. On the other hand if he wants Harry out, he couldn't even hint at that publicly or it would be a disaster about 100 different ways.

Good post. People often joke on forums that it doesn't matter what they say on there. But the club, the media are constantly trawling the forums of clubs to see the mood of the fans, try and get tidbits of information (this is why I think people who lie about ITK stuff are not funny, they're dangerous to the wellbeing of the club) etc.

The knives are out for Redknapp from a few of our fans, but they are the most vocal of our fans (as the disgruntled are always louder than the content) and their moods and opinions have been picked up by the media who have printing negative stories for some time. The honeymoon period ended when we got beat by Real Madrid. The marriage was on the rocks because we signed Scott Parker. Divorce is now imminent because we failed to get 3rd. Levy has been waiting for this moment, the moment the fans turned. I just hope he doesn't wait too long to fire him, as the last thing we need is prolonged uncertainty.

Your views of Levy are way off the mark. What on earth makes you say Levy has been 'waiting for this moment' when the 'fans turned'?

Can I just say that Daniel Levy is not going to decide the future of Tottenham Hotspur's manager based on internet forums.

A Mirror story:

The position is now so delicate that one recent round of talks between Redknapp's associates and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is thought to have lasted just five minutes
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...e-preparing-for-harry-redknapp-to-quit-865478

Really? 5 minutes? How does a meeting last 5 minutes?

- Good morning Mr. Levy
- Ah, good morning gentlemen
- Coffee?
- What did you say about my ma?
- You better step-off punk!
- Get out of my office!
- Good day sir!

5 minutes? What the fudge? Ridiculous.

I'm not sure they would actually. We do know for a fact that HR & DL haven't spoken yet and it would be unwise of Spurs to pre-empt those talks, even if DL's intention is to ask HR to stay. It'd be too hard to word that statement since you'd have to say there's nothing in the rumours, but you wouldn't be 100% certain that's true until you actually talk. On the other hand if he wants Harry out, he couldn't even hint at that publicly or it would be a disaster about 100 different ways.

How do we know that for a fact? (I probably missed something somewhere again)

I just find it strange that both Harry and Levy would be happy with just leaving it for a month before figuring this stuff out, seems so clear that it would be detrimental for both sides to not just start dealing with it straight away.

Harry - What I did next!

Anybody seen this, only know he's been on because of twitter, but at work, so no idea of what they're talking about or any talk of Spurs.

Exactly - do we need a new thread every time this guy opened his gob?

He has gone, there is nothing that hasn't already been said a THOUSAND times and it just causes strife.

So glad I don't have to watch cringefully anymore, worrying about him opening his big gob. Used to be so embarrassing!

Was gonna start this thread but thought I'd be shot down by the pro Harry phalanx ;)

Is it in his religion that he cant refuse to talk to journalists?!?!

Said that we were only a job and there are more important things in life than work like family.

Said that last season was a success

Was gonna start this thread but thought I'd be shot down by the pro Harry phalanx ;)

Is it in his religion that he cant refuse to talk to journalists?!?!

Said that we were only a job and there are more important things in life than work like family.

Said that last season was a success

It's an attitude like this that makes the difference of us staying a good club or becoming a great one.

Did a good job, but so glad he has gone. cant stand his idiotic rants on tv anymore

Back