• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Honestly I dont know.

Im a big fan of Rodgers and think he is good enough to be a big success, that said though I think Liverpool are a complete basket case of a club that will work to the detriment of any manager, so who knows?

Liverpools clownshoe board aside, I think Rodgers could do very well indeed but do think he has a lot of work to do.

Yeah I think he made the wrong choice. He should have stayed at Swansea, even if Spurs were in for him I would have said the same. I think it's important you prove yourself for that second season in the PL, otherwise if you fail at the next job your stock would be low and just accused of being a one season wonder. Beyond that I'd say Liverpool are the wrong club for him, I think certain managers just fit at certain clubs - Mourinho at Chelsea, Benitez at Liverpool and I just don't see anything that fits the two together. But I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time!

Norwich and Swansea are teams who o me had a bigger impact the managers not player.
I dont think Harry could win the title with Man C if he allowed players to do their own thing

Agreed. I don't think we'd have finished 4th if he had allowed ours to do their own thing too.

As for Norwich and Swansea? I didn't say that a Manager couldn't get a team playing above their station (although I do often feel a Manager's contribution can be somewhat over valued, e.g. plenty of new top flight managers have had great first seasons and then poor second seasons - and I put that down more to the players than the Manager, basically the players are excited and up for it the first season because it's all new and exciting), but what I don't agree with is that a great manager can have a team of good players and make them a great team, i.e. title winning. I've seen good teams go from good to great with the introduction of a great player, but not a great manager.

Cool, hopefully won't ever need to be used...

Nayim, as you're such a big advocate of Rodgers what are your expectations of Liverpool this season? I know it's tough to answer this early without seeing all the movements in the market but still - are you concerned they could overtake us as you clearly believe he has something special.....

Liverpool underperformed last season badly, especially the last half. But they are still a bloody good side and I would expect them to be battling us next season. They certainly shouldn't be that far behind, and with a couple of astute signings will be right up with us.

People go on about Harry being tactically weak but Mancini who takes his tactics very seriously has the worst record ever in the Champions League.

People go on about Harry being tactically weak but Mancini who takes his tactics very seriously has the worst record ever in the Champions League.

Mancini is ridiculously overrated and would be nowhere without money.

I think i see this as probably the best comment about why people want him out. people want him out because of his character and his behaviour? thats fair enough and thats a perfectly valid reason if its one. BUT IMO its when they throw in 'other stuff' just to decorate the fact that "we just dont want him anymore. so there"

I have said h same thing time and time again!!!

I simply want us to be the best we can be (and I believe we are capable of a lot more than we currently produce). If a new manager comes in and takes 3 years to reach that peak Ill be happy all the time I feel we are heading in that direction.

fair enough, but this is off the notion that harry has taken us as far as he can? where in reality we have been consistently improving under him. 4th, 5th (CL QF), then 4th again...and could have been so much more had it not been for 2 and half months of bad performance . two and half months is all it takes..i know you're going to type out that it isnt two and half months but fact remains is that you wouldnt be saying this if we had split results in those two and half months. or would you?

I think he has hit a plateu - I dont think we are making progress as a side, improving sytematically or learning from experience.

not sure where you got that from to be certain of it.

We have good players, they perform well, we win a lot of games - but what progression has the side made in 3 years?

under harry several players have become better or rather played to their potential.....do you know how hard it must be to make progress against the money we are up against? what would be progress to you anyway? serious question. what would you consider progress taking into account whats out there to stop us

The biggest change to the side was the introduction of Ade, which just added a dimension - the organisation/preparation/tactics etc werent revolutionised were they?

it was improved upon from last season, you yourself said that. and this is down to personnel as much as anything. maybe if we had the right personnel coming off the bench (not to mention england not fukcing us over) then again this thread might be moot

Rodgers was the one for me. Very much in line with Billys posts I think we need to spot the next big managerial talent.

cant be sure but i wouldnt have been against rodgers, he's failed just as he has succeeded, also he has shown no plan B, and when his team got found out they REALLY got found out. redknapp pretty much outclassed him at the lane

I think he has the main strengths of Harry, and much of the "extras" Im looking for. Though of course its not guaranteed of the options (that were) available to us he would represent a gamble well worth making. [Should we be looking for a manager]

again, not sure how you can be sure he has harry's main strengths or how he would react on a big stage

I think a strong system of play allows you to rotate players without affecting performance drastically (Rodgers changed 6 between matches over Christmas and won both games!). With this ability you can keep you squad involved, fit and available.

rodgers changing his team round during Christmas is hardly a thing that shows good rotation surely. for all intents and purposes ...he kept the same 11 through out the season as far as i can recall bar injury

Redknapp tends to only rotate on a basis of injury. For me this isnt right.

well then rodgers is fudged then
Look at Niko, he has left because he was essentially the forgoten/unwanted man, and yet he could have had so much involvement if utilised properly. If this continues where does it leave the squad?

have i asked you what you wanted redknapp to do? have you answered that? i would really like to know the answer to this

My point was that you seemed to be hanging a lot on a question that seemed designed only to group people into one side or another. Building divisions, with the idea that its either/or. I answered your question - I said "Both". So what did that reveal to you?

covered this. everyone wants it all. chances of that are slim...when your back is against a wall and you had to chose it would seem that you would rather just cling to the perfect scenario. point am trying to make is that reality isnt always there for you to be perfect. this reminds me of the Keane thing we discussed about aaages ago...we are there winning by 3, 4 or 5 clear goals and you want to change things around...why? because keane wasnt scoring. I cant make that up.....we are there tearing teams to shreds and because one guy isnt scoring...change it. incidentally when Ade was on a dry patch you didnt ask us to change things around...why?

like i said then even with keane not scoring..we were winning, leave it alone until it stops working

and if you've noticed i dont really press that matter with you anyway. that kind of thing is acceptable. if you dont like harry then you dont like him. we are men here (and women ..somewhere) and its our perogative. i didnt like zokora..i wanted him gone..no amount of good deeds could change my mind.

if you want harry out cause you dont like him as a manager then thats fine....but some of the footballing reasons just dont add up for me

and if you've noticed i dont really press that matter with you anyway. that kind of thing is acceptable. if you dont like harry then you dont like him. we are men here (and women ..somewhere) and its our perogative. i didnt like zokora..i wanted him gone..no amount of good deeds could change my mind.

if you want harry out cause you dont like him as a manager then thats fine....but some of the footballing reasons just dont add up for me

What is so good about Wigan Affy?

Diame, Al Habsi and Figueroa aside there wasnt any obvious quality going into the season IMO.

Moses had potential but wasnt the finished article, no real goal scorers, Beausejour was an unkown...

Swansea had essentially the same side that had been in League 1 a few years prior (and a Tottenham academy lad as stalwart of their defense FFS!). Norwich much the same.

In fact I would say Blackburn had more quality than Wigan, probably Bolton too and maybe even Wolves

meeh, i dont know..the back line were premiership proven. you also has caldwell, alcaraz..habsi, ben watson, di santo, david jones, hugo rodallega....these are talented players that should have been able to compete more quite frankly

blackburn did have a better team, but that place was a complete mess......confidence and back room squabbles can do alot to damage even the best teams (2 points from 8 games)

am not agreeing to wigan having a ready made relegation squad personally. IMO they should have been doing better than they were doing

Back