• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Exactly, Kane played well tonight against a side so poor he should have had a hatrick (mostly his teammates fault)

Probably has done enough to keep his place as a bench option, but maybe if we could get a PL side to give him a run as a loan.

not this again

I think Harry Kane's biggest problem is he seems to have been around for ever, it's so easy to forget that he's still only 20. I think he has something about him and will develop into a very effective player. I'll like to see him play the remaining games this season alongside Ade. The goal last night should fill him with confidence.
Soldado has had all year to get his act together but shows little sign of doing so, don't see the justification of picking him aha plead of Kane, unless we're looking to offload him in the summer.

I like Kane, he's a good player on his day - my only issue is that he's too slow in a lot of what he does.

After last night's performance I have to eat my words: He looked very quick feeted for a big lad against Sunderland. They were very poor, of course, but Kane was sharp and quick. Very promising. We'll see how he fares for the rest of the season; while I still prefer Soldado up front, Kane is getting closer to a starting spot for us.

I think Harry Kane's biggest problem is he seems to have been around for ever, it's so easy to forget that he's still only 20. I think he has something about him and will develop into a very effective player. I'll like to see him play the remaining games this season alongside Ade. The goal last night should fill him with confidence.
Soldado has had all year to get his act together but shows little sign of doing so, don't see the justification of picking him aha plead of Kane, unless we're looking to offload him in the summer.

maybe so, but he's been dreaming of the kind of ball Eriksen put in for his goal.

Two chances in the box where he was clear, but ball either it his standing leg or got caught under his knob.

It'll come.

maybe so, but he's been dreaming of the kind of ball Eriksen put in for his goal.

He's had loads of those balls but fluffed them all. Soldado under AVB was starved of service, but since Sherwood has been in charge, i'd say he consistently misses good chances. He has had good service, but he's only scored against Cardiff.

I think Sigurdsson has more goals from open play than Soldado this season and he has hardly played!!!!!!

Kane all the way for me for the rest of the season if we're playing 2 up top. Soldado to be given a one-way ticket back to Spain.

Kane done well against an absolutely awful Sunderland. Though he did miss out on a couple more opportunities.

I'd rather have Soldado to be honest. I think he will soon click and the goals will flow.

He's had loads of those balls but fluffed them all. Soldado under AVB was starved of service, but since Sherwood has been in charge, i'd say he consistently misses good chances. He has had good service, but he's only scored against Cardiff.

I think Sigurdsson has more goals from open play than Soldado this season and he has hardly played!!!!!!

Kane all the way for me for the rest of the season if we're playing 2 up top. Soldado to be given a one-way ticket back to Spain.

Completely agree. well said

Kane done well against an absolutely awful Sunderland. Though he did miss out on a couple more opportunities.

I'd rather have Soldado to be honest. I think he will soon click and the goals will flow.

We've been saying that all season, "oh we're just waiting for him to click", "once he gets one, he'll be unstoppable". Soldado has scored 2 goals from open play ALL SEASON. That, my friends (even allowing for 'new players settling in syndrome) is a disgrace, for a Spanish international who cost £26m.

The guy should have a long, hard look at himself in the mirror. He's let Baldini & Levy down, he's let AVB down, he's let Sherwood down, he's let the fans down and more than anything he's let himself down.

Let's face it, the goals aren't going to flow with Soldado. What is going to flow is an endless conveyor belt of ballooned shots over the bar, scuffed shots past the post, dragged shots wide, fresh-air kicks, wild headers and heads in hands, Spanish swearing and shouts in frustration.

His touch just isn't quick enough IMO. Against a decent team he would have been anonymous as they wouldn't have given him the time on the ball Sunderland did.

If we want to see how he develops then give him the last 5 games.

If we think we can win those 5 games and put pressure on 4th then he isn't the answer.

I can definitely see the resemblence to Sheringham, but more of a physical threat aswell. Really like him, and not just judging him on this game. Out of curiousity would you guys give him a chance to develop with more game time next season at the expense of Soldado?

Soldado has played against ****e opposition and still looks like he poses no threat whatsoever.

In just willing to reserve judgment for a while with Soldado. I truly believe that he will come good.

Bendtner without the ego.

It's all well and good having a good work rate and intelligent movement, but if you can't control the ball or take your chances when you're picked out in a good position, those attributes are pointless. Technical ability is by far the most important attribute for any attacking player.

It was a decent performance last night at home to a team who are bottom of the league. But, I'm still not convinced he has that level of technical ability to be anything more than a bottom half of the Premiership or lower striker. He will probably play for West Brom or Hull one day, have a decent half-season, get into the England squad and then be highlighted as a reason why we are still years behind Spain, Germany and Brazil.

He's only 20. But look at Lukaku who is the same age, what he has achieved in the game, the level of technical ability he has demonstrated to score goals like the one against Arsenal on the weekend, and ask yourself if you really think Kane will ever make it?

Lukaku is a physical beast though who can run a back line ragged by himself. Kane on the other hand hasn't the pace no strength for that although he isn't weak by any means. I still think he is one of those in between strikers who isn't a true poacher nor a target man and he needs to work on his finishing before we start talking him up. He should've had at least three last night and even his shot for Ade's second was straight at the keeper.

At 20 years of age though he has time to improve on this, but I reckon he's gonna have to do extra sessions after training to really push on.

Back