• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

“He wore a bowler hat and a suit in an impeccable first half: a classic striker who is good at absolutely everything,” wrote Luis Nieto.
In El País, Diego Torres was wondering why he isn’t more highly rated, saying that Real Madrid had not been interested in signing him in the summer. “Maybe it’s the eyes, the sad face, but here’s a silent genius,” he wrote.

Spanish press on Kane.

Can we rest him till Chelsea game?

Hopefully with Son back on some sort of form the pressure is off to do so.

No chance, sadly....

...However, we should hopefully be able to play combinations of Son, Moura and Alli to take of more of the goalscoring strain. I'd also hope we can get 2/3 goal leads in games to take him off earlier, say 15/20 mins to go...

However, given our less stable than normal defence i'm not sure we can risk that atm

I think Harry was decent v Wolves, got his shots away and forced the keeper into action, on another day he'd have had 2 or 3. If he keeps that up, he'll get around 25 league goals again no problem imo.

Yeah this feels like a 25 season for Kane as opposed to previous years when he's been up around the 30 mark. Almost comedy that in an average to good season he's smashing the 20 goal a season barrier.

As will be the case for a few of the team, I think the new stadium, will lift them on the back of a rocking Lane atmosphere.

Yeah this feels like a 25 season for Kane as opposed to previous years when he's been up around the 30 mark. Almost comedy that in an average to good season he's smashing the 20 goal a season barrier.

As will be the case for a few of the team, I think the new stadium, will lift them on the back of a rocking Lane atmosphere.

The thing is with Kane, we could never rule out him getting 30 league goals from here. All it takes is a couple of hat-tricks in a month to boost his tally, and he's done that before. At the moment he's got 6 in 11 league games, which is very decent. Get a hat-trick against Palace and he'd be 9 in 12 and off towards 30 goals again. I do agree with you though, it feels like it'll be a 25 league goal season for Harry.

I really think it is a mental thing with Kane. After his goal he looked so sharp again.

Something just doesnt jive with him and Moura right now. Far to often they seem to be in each others positions, as opposed to where they "should" be.

How many times is Kane deep/in the right channel and Moura is ahead between two CBs?

I dont know if its a tactical thing or what, but Id certainly rather seen Kane where he works best and Moura in those pockets running at people.

Something just doesnt jive with him and Moura right now. Far to often they seem to be in each others positions, as opposed to where they "should" be.

How many times is Kane deep/in the right channel and Moura is ahead between two CBs?

I dont know if its a tactical thing or what, but Id certainly rather seen Kane where he works best and Moura in those pockets running at people.
i’ve thought this too, similar to England with Sterling where Harry has spent a lot more time dropping deep or playing with his back to goal. He seems to do better without a ‘partner’.

Perhaps the difference is that in previous seasons Alli and Eriksen are more likely to move the ball to Kane quickly that run with it, whilst Moura and Son are more head down direct runner types. I feel the same when he plays for England, it would be better to have Alli in the 10 in the same way it was better to have Beardsley with Lineker and Shearer with Sheringham.

Not a bad comparison at all.

I dont know really, I dont see Moura as a partner as such, I just look at them in the 'wrong' positions and wonder why the hell they are where they are.

Especially as, it seems to me, they would be happier the other way around! Moura likes those pockets and running at defences, its not Harrys forte. Equally, Harry comes alive in that position between the CBs, and Moura is largely ineffective there (yes, I saw the goal he got at the weekend!)

Im hoping its a case of them playing in the team long enough to learn when to move where, much like Harry/Alli - they have that telepathic understanding of who is going to run and when kind of thing...

On Football Weekly they have said a few times that Kane sees himself as a Number 10. They don't say where they have got this from. Maybe Steff has the inside scoop on this ;-)

Back