• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Sorry but your Lamelas biggest fan so you cannot talk about players getting needless yellows... as much as as we do enjoy him doing it sometimes

If you look carefully, Lamela's yellow cards are normally for putting off opponents or break-up their play. He is an expert at that and knows how to protect himself. He knows how to provoke his opponents with or without ever touching them ! After all, how many players in world football will get away stepping on someone's hand ? If Kane had done that you know it will be a red card ! Mind you, Lamela has no yellow cards in the league so far this season compared to 3 for Kane. Kane is really not good in tackling or confronting his opponents. It was really clumsy the way Kane confronted the Cardiff player, making it easy for the ref to yellow card him. Kane should just leave it to the experts to do that !

It is called protecting your team mate and showing both him and everyone else that you (as a senior figure) will NOT allow this sort of thuggery to go unpunished! In my opinion you need to expand the horizons of how you view bookings. I am DELIGHTED he stood up for Moura, and in that specific instance, it was a disgraceful challenge that even Kenny Burns would’ve got carded for!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Kane is just 2 yellow cards from being suspended for 1 match. Wonder how you will feel if he gets suspended for important match like Arsenal or Chelsea. In contrast, players like Alderweirleld and Sanchez only have 1 yellow card each despite having to tackle more than Kane every match.

Kane is just 2 yellow cards from being suspended for 1 match. Wonder how you will feel if he gets suspended for important match like Arsenal or Chelsea. In contrast, players like Alderweirleld and Sanchez only have 1 yellow card each despite having to tackle more than Kane every match.

If Alderweireld was even a third the player Kane is for us, you'd have a point I'd consider! If you expect a player like Kane to go through an entire season without getting booked a few times, you're in another space to me mate. Besides, let's see what happens. I think a player of Kane's immense talent, leadership and maturity knows EXACTLY how to avoid a suspension in one of those games via 5th yellow prior. I still believe he did the right thing on Saturday.

I think it is down to options. And right now, the best ball-playing, ball-protecting attacking mid we have fit is...Kane[emoji22]
Here’s to Alli, Eriksen and Dembele getting fit so as we can place Hazza back where he needs to be.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Which makes the Lamela omission all the more strange. Maybe he just can’t start 2 in 3 days.

If you look carefully, Lamela's yellow cards are normally for putting off opponents or break-up their play. He is an expert at that and knows how to protect himself. He knows how to provoke his opponents with or without ever touching them ! After all, how many players in world football will get away stepping on someone's hand ? If Kane had done that you know it will be a red card ! Mind you, Lamela has no yellow cards in the league so far this season compared to 3 for Kane. Kane is really not good in tackling or confronting his opponents. It was really clumsy the way Kane confronted the Cardiff player, making it easy for the ref to yellow card him. Kane should just leave it to the experts to do that !

gonad*S

I’ve seen lamela take players out
I’ve seen him stand on players
I’ve seen him abuse players

Their actually appealing in an odd way as it shows fight but their also at times reckless and needless

Not sure how you can defend Kane or any other players getting unnecessary yellow cards. Will you feel the same if our only reliable striker being suspended against Arsenal or Chelsea for getting 5 yellow cards ? Can understand if the yellow card is for goal-saving tackles or such but all of Kane's yellow cards are due to tackles away from our goal or confronting other players. Kane has always looked clumsy going into tackles, either getting himself injured or getting yellow carded in the process.
The fact he is our only reliable striker means we have the same risks of suspension as well as injury and fatigue.

I don’t recall him being suspended very often in his career so I’m sure this small sample size will not be a problem over the course of the season.
To be honest I’ve was pleased he showed some fight in defence of his team mate, we’ve been a soft touch with referees for years compared to the other top teams so I saw his and the teams reaction as positive. Also as England captain he’s probably got away with a couple of bad ones too!

So Lamela’s yellow cards are ‘good’ and Kane’s are ‘bad’...reminds me of:

From a Grauniad article about the crowd-free Croatia game:

The squad trained together again at St George’s Park on Tuesday . Southgate continues to protect Harry Kane from the risk of burnout after his summer exertions at the World Cup and the Tottenham striker joined 18-year-old Jadon Sancho in retiring early from training.

Good.

From a Grauniad article about the crowd-free Croatia game:

The squad trained together again at St George’s Park on Tuesday . Southgate continues to protect Harry Kane from the risk of burnout after his summer exertions at the World Cup and the Tottenham striker joined 18-year-old Jadon Sancho in retiring early from training.

Good.

Now follow up and send him home.

this is worrying, it makes it acceptable for RM to be in for him, up until now he would be seen to be below them:
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...action-lord-harry-kane-spain-england-football

Between them, Kane gave a “lesson” AS said, Joaquín Maroto saying he “ate” Ramos and Nacho. “He wore a bowler hat and a suit in an impeccable first half: a classic striker who is good at absolutely everything,” wrote Luis Nieto. In Marca they were equally impressed: “Time was the typical English striker made it feel like every high ball was a trip to the ironmongers. Not any more. Kane is a ‘Lord’, so intelligent, a man who knows football outside the area too

“Maybe it’s the eyes, the sad face, but here’s a silent genius,” he wrote. One who was in his element: “It rained on Sevilla the way it’s supposed to rain on Chingford. He doesn’t appear on the highlights reel, but did it all to bring Spain to their knees without anyone really understanding how.”

“He undid all the magic in 45 minutes,” insisted Albert Masnou in Sport. “He’s a wonderful footballer, unique, right up there with the best even though he doesn’t have the talent of Messi or the athleticism of Ronaldo, or the technical ability of Neymar. He doesn’t have those qualities but his intelligence is so brutal that he can still make the difference in so many games. He would be a great replacement for Luis Suárez at Barcelona.”

Not so fast. If Sport was imagining him at the Camp Nou, Marca were waiting for him in Seville, after everyone else had gone, imaging him at the Bernabéu instead. “Would you like to play for Madrid, Harry?” they asked. “I can’t talk tonight,” he said, heading out and onto the bus.”

The way Harry played in that first half there is not a club in the world who will not be looking at him.
But we all knew that really.

Back