• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane is getting too many unnecessary yellow cards this season.

Kane now has 3 yellow cards so far, which is the most by any Spurs player and the most by any striker in the league. Only 4 players have more yellow cards than him in the league : Holebas (5,Watford), Arter (4,Cardiff), Capoue (4,Watford) and Zanka (4,Huddersfield). It is really embarassing for a striker to have so many yellow cards in 8 matches. Wonder if he is getting these yellow cards due to his poor form.

No he is getting them for showing some fight

It’s a great characteristic and one we should embrace ... give me a fighter over a show pony every game

Kane now has 3 yellow cards so far, which is the most by any Spurs player and the most by any striker in the league. Only 4 players have more yellow cards than him in the league : Holebas (5,Watford), Arter (4,Cardiff), Capoue (4,Watford) and Zanka (4,Huddersfield). It is really embarassing for a striker to have so many yellow cards in 8 matches. Wonder if he is getting these yellow cards due to his poor form.

What an incredible post. “Embarrassing”? Jesus. I’ve seen a lot of Spurs players doing a lot of embarrassing things. Being booked a few times isn’t even close to getting on the list.

And are you inferring that Harry is trying to get suspended or is being booked because he’s getting frustrated?

Warnock is just being a WUM. He’s always been out of his depth at this level so being a WUM is all he has left. 27 years, numerous cracks at it and I think they’ve all ended in sacking or relegation.

I kinda like Warnock, he’s defending his player here, he’s wrong, but all managers defend the indefensible for their players, that’s the job.

It is fair to say he’s been out of his depth in the PL, but the context is that he’s got teams to the PL in the first place, often before they were ready.

Embarrassing? I’m embarrassed a fan of the club would seek out this type of stat and then post it with the accompanying judgement.

You really should prefix your posts with “I think” or “I believe” rather than making statements as if they were facts as it really doesn’t come across well when reading them.

I kinda like Warnock, he’s defending his player here, he’s wrong, but all managers defend the indefensible for their players, that’s the job.

It is fair to say he’s been out of his depth in the PL, but the context is that he’s got teams to the PL in the first place, often before they were ready.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy Warnock. At least he says something in interviews and is more interesting than most managers. And he does have a good knowledge of the game to get promoted so many times. He’s just a complete WUM though. That comment was made purely as a dig against us and Kane which is grand but it’s hard to take him too seriously.

Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy Warnock. At least he says something in interviews and is more interesting than most managers. And he does have a good knowledge of the game to get promoted so many times. He’s just a complete WUM though. That comment was made purely as a dig against us and Kane which is grand but it’s hard to take him too seriously.

I don't think he's thinking outside of his club, its just another layer to the siege mentality he's trying to get going, he'd have said the same had it been any of our players.

They had a former player of his at Palace, Brede Hangeland, in the studio on Norwegian tv. His opinion was that Warnock was clueless tactically, but a great motivator.

They had a former player of his at Palace, Brede Hangeland, in the studio on Norwegian tv. His opinion was that Warnock was clueless tactically, but a great motivator.
There are plenty of coaches that can come up with/provide tactics, probably a lot harder to come up with a great motivator.

Warnock being a bit of a tit with his comments. Kane didn't even try to get Ralls sent off, he went over and attempted to square up to him, then just cuddled him after realising it was a bad idea.

Lot of focus on the Warnock comments here. I'm more concerned about why Kane was coming so deep again. It really does not work for me.

Lot of focus on the Warnock comments here. I'm more concerned about why Kane was coming so deep again. It really does not work for me.
Didn’t see where he played v Cardiff, but in general it appears Kane playing deep works for Moura but not for Kane and since Kane started playing up front on his own he started scoring again and Moura less productive...

Didn’t see where he played v Cardiff, but in general it appears Kane playing deep works for Moura but not for Kane and since Kane started playing up front on his own he started scoring again and Moura less productive...

I know which one I'd rather. I watched the game and watched MOTD where they highlighted it. So many times where we could have crossed quickly, Kane was not even in the box. Moura will still get his fair share of goals from deeper.

I have a horrible feeling it is down to current energy levels/and for when we don't have the ball. Maybe Poch is protecting Kane from pressing back and forth across the oppo's defence and sees Moura as a better option for that.

I know which one I'd rather. I watched the game and watched MOTD where they highlighted it. So many times where we could have crossed quickly, Kane was not even in the box. Moura will still get his fair share of goals from deeper.

I have a horrible feeling it is down to current energy levels/and for when we don't have the ball. Maybe Poch is protecting Kane from pressing back and forth across the oppo's defence and sees Moura as a better option for that.

I think it is down to options. And right now, the best ball-playing, ball-protecting attacking mid we have fit is...Kane[emoji22]
Here’s to Alli, Eriksen and Dembele getting fit so as we can place Hazza back where he needs to be.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Embarrassing? I’m embarrassed a fan of the club would seek out this type of stat and then post it with the accompanying judgement.

You really should prefix your posts with “I think” or “I believe” rather than making statements as if they were facts as it really doesn’t come across well when reading them.

Not sure how you can defend Kane or any other players getting unnecessary yellow cards. Will you feel the same if our only reliable striker being suspended against Arsenal or Chelsea for getting 5 yellow cards ? Can understand if the yellow card is for goal-saving tackles or such but all of Kane's yellow cards are due to tackles away from our goal or confronting other players. Kane has always looked clumsy going into tackles, either getting himself injured or getting yellow carded in the process.

Not sure how you can defend Kane or any other players getting unnecessary yellow cards. Will you feel the same if our only reliable striker being suspended against Arsenal or Chelsea for getting 5 yellow cards ? Can understand if the yellow card is for goal-saving tackles or such but all of Kane's yellow cards are due to tackles away from our goal or confronting other players. Kane has always looked clumsy going into tackles, either getting himself injured or getting yellow carded in the process.

Sorry but your Lamelas biggest fan so you cannot talk about players getting needless yellows... as much as as we do enjoy him doing it sometimes

It is called protecting your team mate and showing both him and everyone else that you (as a senior figure) will NOT allow this sort of thuggery to go unpunished! In my opinion you need to expand the horizons of how you view bookings. I am DELIGHTED he stood up for Moura, and in that specific instance, it was a disgraceful challenge that even Kenny Burns would’ve got carded for!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Back