• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Yes, he's definitely been below par. That could be form rather than fitness.

But he has looked that way since returning last season, that is a long run of bad form. He looks slow at picking things up and he is not reacting to things the way he usually does. As i say i am not knocking him but i can not believe that most fans are not concerned by his reaction to things and he seems to be in a rush when the ball gets to him. That is not Kane ( imo).

On the other side he has been back for a while so you would think its not his fitness which is the problem, its a mystery.

But he has looked that way since returning last season, that is a long run of bad form. He looks slow at picking things up and he is not reacting to things the way he usually does. As i say i am not knocking him but i can not believe that most fans are not concerned by his reaction to things and he seems to be in a rush when the ball gets to him. That is not Kane ( imo).

On the other side he has been back for a while so you would think its not his fitness which is the problem, its a mystery.
I agree with this.

I thought he started well yesterday, seemed to be moving pretty well, but it tailed off. He does not look right and it is very worrying IMO.

Last edited:

The side ran out of steam as he came back from injury last season. He certainly looked unfit for the FA Cup semi, I am not so certain whether it is fitness or form after that.

The club spends a fortune on sports scientists. They wear monitors for every training session and their stats from every game are poured over. I am pretty sure that Poch knows whether it is fitness or form and is building that into his plans.

The side ran out of steam as he came back from injury last season. He certainly looked unfit for the FA Cup semi, I am not so certain whether it is fitness or form after that.

The club spends a fortune on sports scientists. They wear monitors for every training session and their stats from every game are poured over. I am pretty sure that Poch knows whether it is fitness or form and is building that into his plans.

I accept what you say, however it is a problem for us and its one that has been there since the injury and is still there now. Pure speculation here ( and i am not a fan of doing that) but i wonder if Kane insists he is fit and that Poch will not rest him.

Hopefully Poch and co know something that all us armchair fans aren’t privy to, as the stats are also indicating that Kane is lacking something since his ankle injury... only 2 shots attempted yesterday...

I accept what you say, however it is a problem for us and its one that has been there since the injury and is still there now. Pure speculation here ( and i am not a fan of doing that) but i wonder if Kane insists he is fit and that Poch will not rest him.

I agree. I don't know what the issue is, my only reason for joining this discussion was to point out that we don't know enough to be sure that resting him would be beneficial.

could just be mental and physical burnout. Non stop top level football for over 3 years but because Harry is Harry he doesnt want to let anyone down at club level and for his country

could just be mental and physical burnout. Non stop top level football for over 3 years but because Harry is Harry he doesnt want to let anyone down at club level and for his country

Let's hope he stays away from England during the international break.

in our dreams....he is England captain, he will play the nations league game against Spain thats for sure

It's not qualifiers, is it? If so, this should be a golden opportunity for Southgate to test new faces and let some of the regulars - i.e. those who were most knackered after the WC - get a bit of rest. It's not in England's interest for Kane to burn out either.

But of course we know Kane will play 90 minutes x 2 for England. :rolleyes:

If only he hadn't gone and won the Golden Boot at that World Cup thing.

Then everyone would be right.
He didn’t actually perform that well in the tourney and looked knackered by the end. I initially blamed playing with Sterling for this but I now thought that makes me racist.

So now I blame Henderson.

Harry will be fine -- he always has these little phases where you think "Christ, he looks phucked!" And then he goes and bangs in a couple of goals against whoever, and then a phucking avalanche of goals comes along and we're all saying he's the best number 9 around.

Just let him play imo, he'll find the groove.

Back