• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Not wanting to say this in a way of criticising Kane, but if Kane had taken that chance and it was 2-0 (or even side footed it to Sterling for a tap in) would we of lost? I think not. We were much better than them in the first half and when you are superior like that against a good side you have to get the second otherwise you are almost always made to pay and thats what happened. Over the 90 minutes it was pretty even, they werent better - we were in the first half and when we didnt take advantage they built from that and were better in the second half and took the momentum....

More than likely we would have won but what if Croatia scored an early goal in the second half? Or a late goal in the first? Goals change games and we would have been very nervy had Croatia scored to make it 2-1 for example. Croatia had their tails up after their goal last night just as Colombia did when they scored against us.

More than likely we would have won but what if Croatia scored an early goal in the second half? Or a late goal in the first? Goals change games and we would have been very nervy had Croatia scored to make it 2-1 for example. Croatia had their tails up after their goal last night just as Colombia did when they scored against us.
Absolutely mate, we can only speculate. But England didnt concede more than one goal in 90 minutes all tournament, and going 2-0 up against Croatia I wouldnt of seen us doing so then. But who knows, either way Kane is not the blame but haters are going to hate. Already seen the 'Keep calm and blame Tottenham' quote being banded around. Yawn....

Absolutely mate, we can only speculate. But England didnt concede more than one goal in 90 minutes all tournament, and going 2-0 up against Croatia I wouldnt of seen us doing so then. But who knows, either way Kane is not the blame but haters are going to hate. Already seen the 'Keep calm and blame Tottenham' quote being banded around. Yawn....

Kane didn't have the best game last night. In terms of his overall play in the tournament he wasn't great either but he could end up with the golden boot. It makes no difference to me how the goals came about i.e. from penalties or tap ins. He was far from our worst player. That honour goes to Sterling who yet again delivered nothing in terms of end product. I can't actually believe the media and all of the pundits to a man are defending Sterling. It's almost like the FA sent out a memo asking everyone to back him blindly regardless of form or a lack of goals.

Kane didn't have the best game last night. In terms of his overall play in the tournament he wasn't great either but he could end up with the golden boot. It makes no difference to me how the goals came about i.e. from penalties or tap ins. He was far from our worst player. That honour goes to Sterling who yet again delivered nothing in terms of end product. I can't actually believe the media and all of the pundits to a man are defending Sterling. It's almost like the FA sent out a memo asking everyone to back him blindly regardless of form or a lack of goals.
Agree with the Kane bit, I actually think Sterling was ok personally. I dont like the fact that we have this culture of having to blame someone when we've had a good tournament....

Agree with the Kane bit, I actually think Sterling was ok personally. I dont like the fact that we have this culture of having to blame someone when we've had a good tournament....

Yeah, where does this blame culture come from? Step back and look at the whole picture: England as a whole weren't good enough.

Yes, things could've been better, but it could also have been worse - remember the feeling when you thought that first match was going to be a disappointing draw? These are the small margins that sometimes goes your way, other times not. It's disappointing, of course, when you look at Kane’s miss and Stones' brain fart in isolation. But as far as England's final WC result is concerned, there are no spacegoats. Or at least there shouldn't be.

England as a team overachieved, and ended up as the second/third England WC team ever. It's a fantastic achievement given the expectations and the limitations in the squad.

Yeah, where does this blame culture come from? Step back and look at the whole picture: England as a whole weren't good enough.

Yes, things could've been better, but it could also have been worse - remember the feeling when you thought that first match was going to be a disappointing draw? These are the small margins that sometimes goes your way, other times not. It's disappointing, of course, when you look at Kane’s miss and Stones' brain fart in isolation. But as far as England's final WC result is concerned, there are no spacegoats. Or at least there shouldn't be.

England as a team overachieved, and ended up as the second/third England WC team ever. It's a fantastic achievement given the expectations and the limitations in the squad.
Past England teams would have been wound up by the Columbians and lost their heads and been sent off. And if they'd got that far, lost the penalty shootout. And past England teams would have lost to Sweden. The parallels between England and Spurs - young, inexperienced squad with young, inexperienced head coach, and a hope that leads to devastating disappointment - are there for all to see.

Not wanting to say this in a way of criticising Kane, but if Kane had taken that chance and it was 2-0 (or even side footed it to Sterling for a tap in) would we of lost? I think not. We were much better than them in the first half and when you are superior like that against a good side you have to get the second otherwise you are almost always made to pay and thats what happened. Over the 90 minutes it was pretty even, they werent better - we were in the first half and when we didnt take advantage they built from that and were better in the second half and took the momentum....
If he'd side-footed it to Sterling we all know what would have happened.

Harry needs complete rest.
In an ideal world he should not kick another ball for some considerable time.
He has not been right since that ankle injury in March.

I find it strange that it is being described as Kane's miss. It's not as though it was that much of a sitter, he still had the keeper to beat. Goalkeepers are generally quite good at getting in the way, so why must it go down as a miss by Kane rather than as a save by the keeper?

As to the assertion Kane should have passed to Sterling instead, I find that just laughable given Sterling's notorious scoring record for England.
So true. Not as if the pass to Sterling was really on anyway, sure to have been intercepted by any one of three defenders coming back.

Yeah he's been dogbrick since, only 13 goals in his last 14 games for club and country.:D
Did he say hes been dogbrick? Most of his goals have been from penalties or about 6 yards out,he offers so much more than that and also scores goals from a lot further out when on top of his game, hes not simply a goal poacher. Anyone who watches him regularly can see he's not been at his best for some time, just because he still has a good goal scoring record is simply testament to his ability....

Did he say hes been dogbrick? Most of his goals have been from penalties or about 6 yards out,he offers so much more than that and also scores goals from a lot further out when on top of his game, hes not simply a goal poacher. Anyone who watches him regularly can see he's not been at his best for some time, just because he still has a good goal scoring record is simply testament to his ability....
It was a joke! Did you not spot the :D?

I find it strange that it is being described as Kane's miss. It's not as though it was that much of a sitter, he still had the keeper to beat. Goalkeepers are generally quite good at getting in the way, so why must it go down as a miss by Kane rather than as a save by the keeper?

As to the assertion Kane should have passed to Sterling instead, I find that just laughable given Sterling's notorious scoring record for England.
So true. Not as if the pass to Sterling was really on anyway, sure to have been intercepted by any one of three defenders coming back.

Not to mention if he had managed to side-foot it to Sterling he’d have managed to get it past the keep and a line-covering Croat thus making it the greatest 6 yard box square ball for tap in at a World Cup.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He had two key chances from where he was, score or square it, he did neither and I agree if he had the result would have been a whole lot different.

Thats not to slag the bloke up its just stating what happened. Regardless of how good you are you are never exempt from criticism and Kane should have done better. The same can be said of Walker and his attempted Clearance.

He had two key chances from where he was, score or square it, he did neither and I agree if he had the result would have been a whole lot different.

Thats not to slag the bloke up its just stating what happened. Regardless of how good you are you are never exempt from criticism and Kane should have done better. The same can be said of Walker and his attempted Clearance.
Of course, but the striker that never misses has yet to be born.

Of course, but the striker that never misses has yet to be born.
And I'd rather Kane was shooting from our own 6 yd box than passing to Sterling in theirs.

Back