• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

We should loan him back to Millwall he is comfortable there and they have a good side pushing for promotion. On top of that Adam Smith is already there.

Yeah I'd say back to Millwall would be a good shout, a shame it hasn't worked out for him at Norwich but it in no way makes him brick or one to get rid off or anything, he's looked a savvy player every time I've seen him play.

Don't rate Kane as a quality Prem player ATM. No 4th place if he's the answer, IMHO

He might get better, but I don't think he'll ever make 'top 4' level.

Don't rate Kane as a quality Prem player ATM. No 4th place if he's the answer, IMHO

He might get better, but I don't think he'll ever make 'top 4' level.

I think that is a bit of a silly thing to say, TBH. If Defoe's injury is not as bad as feared, he would end up being third choice. With Holtby on board, we may go back to playing one up front with Dempsey, Sig and Holtby playing off one of them. He could be good enough to do this and it may be a better option than bringing in a new striker, if we are unable to complete a deal for one that is better than the two we currently have.

I think that is a bit of a silly thing to say, TBH. If Defoe's injury is not as bad as feared, he would end up being third choice. With Holtby on board, we may go back to playing one up front with Dempsey, Sig and Holtby playing off one of them. He could be good enough to do this and it may be a better option than bringing in a new striker, if we are unable to complete a deal for one that is better than the two we currently have.

Well I don't think it's silly at all. I'll say it again, No 4th place if he's the answer.

I think you're being silly by saying it's silly. Normally, I'd just stick you on ignore, but I can't as you're an admin. so if you want to go round calling me silly, then childish etiquette demands I reply in kind :)

Kane%20Boot.gif

Footballing genius.

Worth a repeat to bump this thread.

I've always thought his lack of pace and physique would prove damning for him, but he's really bulked out a lot.

He could even turn into a Ricky Lambert in a few years.

I've always thought his lack of pace and physique would prove damning for him, but he's really bulked out a lot.

He could even turn into a Ricky Lambert in a few years.

I think you're getting him confused with a different player.

Firstly he hasn't bulked up any more than a player would expect to (nor did he ever need to).

Secondly he's nothing like Lambert, he's actually better playing behind a striker.

He doesn't look like his movement is anywhere near good enough to play on his own up front, also looks decidedly slow which coupled with my first point may be a problem. Better as a deep lying striker I'd expect.

Worked hard and made a nuisance of himself breaking up Man U moves.

Unconvinced by him, but someone at the club must see something in him. Maybe another of Tim's little conversion jobs.

After all, everyone says you can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter

No doubt AVB would not have brought on a striker with x minutes to go but Harry kept 2 of their defenders away from our area while they pumped in the crosses.
He wasted some time and he made an excellent pass to set up Lennon with a very good opportunity to score.
And all this in I believe (I could be wrong) his EPL debut away against the reigning champions after returning from an injury.
But again the bias against home grown players. The same twaddle in this thread as we get for Andros. He didn't score a hat trick so he is useless.

For sure Harry is not about to force Ade out of our 1st team but he is a young, clever player and I think he will be useful for us this season. I would rather have him than JD on the bench.

I imagined him having a posh voice for some reason, and what is the Bieber stuff about? Is he trying to come OUT and tell us something?

[video=youtube;2gVFrjIEd48]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVFrjIEd48[/video]

it was an odd game - defending a lead at OT of all places, and marking time for the win would probably have been his instructions i.e. to be an outlet and to stretch the play etc... probably not the game to judge the player on, especially with a faster defender (Valencia) man marking him.
It looked like a poor sub, but who knows ...

it was an odd game - defending a lead at OT of all places, and marking time for the win would probably have been his instructions i.e. to be an outlet and to stretch the play etc... probably not the game to judge the player on, especially with a faster defender (Valencia) man marking him.
It looked like a poor sub, but who knows ...

Yeh I thought he was fairly poor to be honest. He was obvisouly sent on to hold the ball up as having lost Ade, nothing was sticking up front for us and United were just coming at us wave after wave. I can only remember one occassion out on the touchline where he held it up and drew a foul from Evra. There was one point where he picked the ball up on the right wing at the halfway line, someone (can't remember who) made a run into the corner ahead of him. It was in the last few minutes and all he had to do was play the ball into the corner for the runner to hold it up. He tried to play a ridiculous cross field ball which went straight to Vidic and United started another attack. Had me screaming at the TV.

He's young, he will learn and will probably improve, but I don't think you'll see him at Spurs in the next couple of years as I honestly don't think he has enough about him to make it at that level. Would be happy to be proven wrong though.

He has improved, but needs playing time, we need to find a good loan for him.

Very few clubs would be willing to give him minutes, he's a technical player and wouldnt suit must premier league clubs just after a goalscorer. We will need him for the second half of the season if we continue with 2 upfront and Defoe leaves.

I just saw the last 20 minutes of the United match again, and I have no idea why some of you are complaining about Kane. He did exactly what we wanted him to do, I thought. Strong on the ball, managed to keep it, he passed it well, was strong in all the challenges he was in, did his job well as the first defender. I thought he was excellent. And I completely take back what I said previously that United threw the kitchen sink at us in the end, they had a little spell for about a minute with some pressure, but apart from that they didn't really have anything.

Very few clubs would be willing to give him minutes, he's a technical player and wouldnt suit must premier league clubs just after a goalscorer. We will need him for the second half of the season if we continue with 2 upfront and Defoe leaves.

I have seen him linked to QPR.

In a similar vein to Carroll going to QPR and Pritchard going to Swindon compared to Kane going to Norwich last season it might be better for him to get a loan to a club near the top of the Championship. Better to be at a club playing football, being in possession than at a team fighting against relegation where most of the game is spent chasing shadows or watching hoofballs being aimed at some telephone-box looking strike partner.

I still think Kane has a long way to go to become a regular starter for us. But as long as he's improving and willing to work hard I have no problems with him being given the odd chance or with the club keeping him around. Who knows, he might be a massive surprise at some point.

Back