• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

thfcsteff

Terry Dyson
Would you have him?
He's young, tall, blond and at Norwich.
I hear he's available. I also hear he fits our budget.
Cheeky deadline-day bid?????????????

IBTL

EPL rules say this can't happen:

"A Player on long term loan may not be recalled except for a goalkeeper or where the Player
is to be transferred permanently by the Club holding his registered contract. A Player other
than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club holding his
registration after such recall until the end of the Season."

IBTL

"A Player on long term loan may not be recalled except for a goalkeeper or where the Player
is to be transferred permanently by the Club holding his registered contract. A Player other
than a goalkeeper so recalled cannot be permitted to play for the Club holding his

But the team whom the player is loaned out to can terminate the contract surely?

How was this possible then:

“The loan deal contained an option for Spurs to recall Danny this month, but they had to exercise that option by January 17,” O’Neill explained.

“I’m pleased to say that they haven’t done so, so he will be with us for the rest of the season and that is really good news.

“I know that Andre Villas-Boas said last month that he intended to let him stay here for the season and I never felt he would change his mind – unless, of course, they had injury problems.

“But at least we now know for sure.

But the team whom the player is loaned out to can terminate the contract surely?

But he wouldn't be allowed to play for us again this season. We'd have to sell him to a third party.

“The loan deal contained an option for Spurs to recall Danny this month, but they had to exercise that option by January 17,” O’Neill explained.

“I’m pleased to say that they haven’t done so, so he will be with us for the rest of the season and that is really good news.

“I know that Andre Villas-Boas said last month that he intended to let him stay here for the season and I never felt he would change his mind – unless, of course, they had injury problems.

No idea.

I remember though we've previously been prevented from recalling Bassong and Caulker from prem loans when we had injury issues at CB.

I have no idea where you found your rule, but it's not one that applies to us.

V.7. The conditions referred to in Rule V.6 are:

V.7.1. a Temporary Transfer to a Club may not take place in the Transfer Window
in which the Transferor Club acquired the Player’s registration;

V.7.2. during the period of the Temporary Transfer of his contract registration a
Player shall not play against the Transferor Club;

V.7.3. if during the period of a Temporary Transfer the Player’s registration is
transferred permanently from the Transferor Club to the Transferee Club,
the two Clubs may agree in writing (to be copied to the League) that the Player
shall not play against the Transferor Club for the remainder of the Season;

V.7.4. subject to any conditions imposed by the Board in the exercise of its discretion
under Rule V.4.2, the minimum period of a Temporary Transfer shall be the
period between 2 consecutive Transfer Windows
and the period of a Temporary
Transfer shall not extend beyond 30th June next after it was entered into;

V.7.5. the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable
in the same Season shall be 4 and in no circumstances shall more than 1 be
from the same Transferor Club save there shall be excluded from these
numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;

V.7.6. not more than 2 Temporary Transfers shall be registered by a Club at the
same time except that there shall be excluded from that number:

V.7.6.1. any Temporary Transfer which become permanent; and

V.7.6.2. the Temporary Transfer of a goalkeeper which in its absolute
discretion the Board may allow in circumstances it considers to
be exceptional;

V.7.7. a Club may transfer the registration of no more than one of its goalkeepers
by way of temporary Transfer to another Club each Season, subject to any
further Temporary Transfer of one of its goalkeepers pursuant to Rule V.7.6.2;

V.7.8. any other conditions agreed between the Transferor Club and the Transferee
Club or, in the exercise of its discretion, imposed by the Board.

I have no idea where you found your rule, but it's not one that applies to us.

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/~/media/Files/PDF/the-fa-2012-13/the-fa-handbook/fa_handbook-2012-13.ashx

Page 196

There appears to be two different things

i) A season long loan, that you can't recall from
ii) A short-term loan, which is for less than a season, which there is a bit of flexibility on (covered on the previous p.195)

West Ham fans have been looking into this, because there was a fear that Liverpool would recall Carroll (but it has been clarified that they definitely can't do that).

Kane was announced as going on loan for the season, so I'm pretty confident he can't come back.

Last edited:
Would you have him?
He's young, tall, blond and at Norwich.
I hear he's available. I also hear he fits our budget.
Cheeky deadline-day bid?????????????

sounds more like a candidate for the late unlamented Jimmy S. Sorry bout that

Seems quite likely that if we're bringing him back it's to send him out on a loan to the Championship where he would actually get some game time.

Edit:

About the rules, whatever those FA rules state it's been widely reported that both Rose and Lukaku could have been called back if the clubs wanted that.

I believe the rules were changed for this season as last year it was at least claimed that we couldn't bring back Caulker and there was no media talk about any loan players returning then. Maybe as someone suggested the Premierleague rules are the ones that must be looked at here, not the FA ones.

Last edited:
IBTL

Walob.

All PL loans can be canceled by the club that has loaned the player, if it is canceled in the transfer window.

It has been mentioned by premier league managers time and time again.

Last edited:
I want him back. He stayed on the bench while Norwich failed to score. Don't make sense. Bit like Pav and Redknapp.

I want him back. He stayed on the bench while Norwich failed to score. Don't make sense. Bit like Pav and Redknapp.

Actually he was taken of at HT (to the commentators' surprise) and Norwich continued to fail to score.

Perhaps the agreement was worded in terms of a loan until at least January (the minimum period) that would default to a season-long loan (the maximum period) unless Spurs exercised the option to terminate by 17/1. That would seem to be consistent with all the above rules as well as Ó Néill's remarks.

Last edited:
I don't think he is next Rooney, but at start of this season people were clambering over themselves to have Kane as our 3rd choice striker.
With a bit of a run in the side (reg sub appearances) I think he will do ok and weight in with a few goals. Who knows where he will go from there.
Part of the problem at Norwich was he got injured early on and then it was always going to be difficult to break into the team.

He is only 19 and he was a smash hit after a slow start at Millwall last term. He was scoring in nearly every game towards the end of the season. He has come back after a lengthy injury period. I really don't understand the negativity towards him.
He was confident enough to take a penalty in the Euro game last term but more importantly he won the penalty himself and in all the games I have seen him in (including a recent Norwich game) he wins free kicks close to goal and makes decisive passes.
He is a big propect for us IMO. But Hughton is not picking him and I understand the Norwich fans don't like him so let's get him out of there.

Last edited:
He is only 19 and he was a smash hit after a slow start at Millwall last term. He was scoring in nearly every game towards the end of the season. He has come back after a lengthy injury period. I really don't understand the negativity towards him.
He was confident enough to take a penalty in the Euro game last term but more importantly he won the penalty himself and in all the games I have seen him in (including a recent Norwich game) he wins free kicks close to goal and makes decisive passes.
He is a big propect for us IMO. But Hughton is not picking him and I understand the Norwich fans don't like him so let's get him out of there.

I agree with everything you said here. Get behind the lad.

There's not much point him being at Norwich if he is not playing. We can find another club that are more likely to use him. Just throw him in the bus after the game tonight and bring him home.

Back