1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Kane MBE

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 29 Jan 2013.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Abusing someone for their actions is normal
    Abusing someone because of the things they can’t control (skin colour, sex etc…) is subnormal
    The key of course is the level of abuse.
    A player making a mistake and getting jeered is normal. A player making a mistake and being racially abused isn’t…
    In the case of Lingaard I’d guess it’s mainly aimed at his JLING stuff and how stupid it all is, but of course some people will make it about his skin colour which isn’t acceptable
    With Rashford, if people are abusing him for helping out poorer people they should be held accountable, but we all know your never held accountable for online things

2. papaspur

papaspur Steve Hodge

3. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Paul Stalteri

Yes and women shouldn't go out at night incase they get raped.

The problem is with the abusers not the victims. Sort them out.

DTA likes this.
  4. papaspur

papaspur Steve Hodge

That's a false equivalency, and it's not like I'm defending these social media abusers. When it's happening in real time during a match, for example some supporters in the crowd being cretins, it seems like most clubs handle those situations correctly by issuing lifetime bans and fines for the abusers. Social media though... those companies just want to make money, I don't see them as platforms for actual discourse. It's so easy for people to say whatever they want online, but it seems some of those people do get punished which again, totally fine to me. I don't think that joke I posted has any pretense of victim blaming; it's simply a matter of not giving a brick about what some gnats or fruit flies say on social media. It's something you have to subscribe to, but in the end it's all just noise.

5. johnola

johnola Teemu Tainio

Is that not saying the abusers should not log on?

6. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Jimmy Neighbour

Transfer confirmed picture of him in shirt on BBC website.

7. DTA

DTA Sergei Rebrov

So just for shïts and giggles.

Man U in a fit of desperation put in a 250m bid in for him, do you sell?

8. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Jimmy Neighbour

Yes, that's too good a price for a player of his age and the length of his contract.

Baleforce likes this.
  9. DTA

DTA Sergei Rebrov

If he doesn’t sign a new contract and Conte was on board with it, you would have to say yes. However I would rather he signed a new contract. There is simply no one that would come to us that is as good.

Gazza Dazzla and K.D.D.D.D.Soc like this.
  10. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

Ronaldo is a rapist. He deserves everything he gets.