• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I agree. He could be in his last 6 months of his contract and would still sign another one as long as he thought we were going in the right direction. That's all he's ever said he cares about.

I new contract now ties him up in the same situation he had before. Yes, he may get more money but he'd gain more than that from a signing on fee if he was a free transfer.

From who? He'll be 31 then. He doesn't want to leave england. Doubt city or liverpool would want him. Can't see him going chelsea or arsenal. So only really leaves utd and Saudi Sportswashing Machine that could pay more than us.

If we offer him a contract now of say an extra £100k a week and he refuses. The signing on fee of where ever he goes would have to be at least £10m more than what we'd have offered just to make up the loss.

So his choice. Sign a new contract with us. More money, secure till the twighlight of his career. Or risk it, that one of the top clubs want him at 31 and are willing to pay enough to make up the loss, that you don't get injured or have a loss of form.

Wouldn’t blame Kane for not signing a new contract. He should be as cautious as possible after last time and also the fact that Conte has so far in his career been a short term manager.

Wouldn’t blame Kane for not signing a new contract. He should be as cautious as possible after last time and also the fact that Conte has so far in his career been a short term manager.
What happened last time? Apart from him getting considerably richer for doing the same job of course.

What happened last time? Apart from him getting considerably richer for doing the same job of course.

He signed an ill advised six year contract with his brother representing him. I’m more inclined to believe the gentleman’s contract than not. Kane deserves trophies, not small ones. A massive brilliant talent.

He signed an ill advised six year contract with his brother representing him. I’m more inclined to believe the gentleman’s contract than not.
Was a gun pointed to his head?
His brothers incompetence as an agent isn’t Spurs issue.
I believe there was a gentleman’s agreement as well, but that would never have included selling him for half his value!

Was a gun pointed to his head?
His brothers incompetence as an agent isn’t Spurs issue.
I believe there was a gentleman’s agreement as well, but that would never have included selling him for half his value!

I’m just trying to see from Kane’s side why he might not sign a contract. I wouldn’t. He would be wise to wait and see. What is Spurs’ issue or not isn’t the perspective my post was made from.

I’m just trying to see from Kane’s side why he might not sign a contract. I wouldn’t. He would be wise to wait and see. What is Spurs’ issue or not isn’t the perspective my post was made from.
Fair enough mate, sorry not trying to be a dingdong.

I just find the whole woe is me thing for Kane a bit annoying, he’s done very well from us, just as we have from him.

He wanted to leave because he didn't think the club were ambitious enough. He's here for the next 2 years. No club will pay what we'll demand for him. Enic have shown their ambition. Levy has brought in a world class manager and dof. Have invested £150m. Emirates Marketing Project no longer require his services. So why not sign a new contract and earn more money? So he can leave on a free in 2 years and go where?

He wanted to leave because he didn't think the club were ambitious enough. He's here for the next 2 years. No club will pay what we'll demand for him. Enic have shown their ambition. Levy has brought in a world class manager and dof. Have invested £150m. Emirates Marketing Project no longer require his services. So why not sign a new contract and earn more money? So he can leave on a free in 2 years and go where?
United for 350k a week.

He wants trophies, and of the PL teams only City, Liverpool and arguably Chelski look more likely to deliver that than us IMO. And I can't see any of them buying him, for different reasons.

That doesn't mean he'll sign another deal with Spurs, but it's much, much more likely now we've got Conte and CL, and have shown proper ambition in the transfer market.

But also why not wait and see what happens first. No skin off his nose if he waits to see what happens with the coach and the team this season. It's what I'd probably do in his position.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

But also why not wait and see what happens first. No skin off his nose if he waits to see what happens with the coach and the team this season. It's what I'd probably do in his position.

Because he'd be losing money.

Because he'd be losing money.

Guess it depends on how much money matters to him. I'd argue hes shown with his previous decisions to stay with us, getting the absolute maximum amount he could have been paid hasn't been his prime motivating factor.

Signs of progress and the prospect of future success have been big factors for him.

Yeah finish top 4 again and go deep in the champions league and he would probably sign another contract.

Guess it depends on how much money matters to him. I'd argue hes shown with his previous decisions to stay with us, getting the absolute maximum amount he could have been paid hasn't been his prime motivating factor.

Signs of progress and the prospect of future success have been big factors for him.

Where would he go to get this success? He'll be 31 when his contract expires. He's said he wants to stay in england. Would he be first choice at city or liverpool by then? Would utd be any good? Can't see him going arsenal or chelsea.

Where would he go to get this success? He'll be 31 when his contract expires. He's said he wants to stay in england. Would he be first choice at city or liverpool by then? Would utd be any good? Can't see him going arsenal or chelsea.
Who knows but not signing keeps his options open and thats the point. At this stage that might be more appealing to him.

He wants trophies, and of the PL teams only City, Liverpool and arguably Chelski look more likely to deliver that than us IMO. And I can't see any of them buying him, for different reasons.

That doesn't mean he'll sign another deal with Spurs, but it's much, much more likely now we've got Conte and CL, and have shown proper ambition in the transfer market.
Nah, he could go to the Goons and be young player of the year.

Or join the caravan club and win the world cup.

Back