• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It's actually 5.6 weeks but that includes bank holidays. Players are employees of the club. The club pays their income tax and national insurance, so are bound by the law.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights

If I'm employed by a British company and spend my holiday competing for the national team in some sport my company would be in breech of UK law?

Someone should really tell some news outlet about this, could be a huge story. Most big PL clubs breaking employment law repeatedly without regard and with no effort made to correct it...

Or maybe competing in international sports during your holiday doesn't count as working for your employer for all of the obvious reasons.

If I'm employed by a British company and spend my holiday competing for the national team in some sport my company would be in breech of UK law?

Someone should really tell some news outlet about this, could be a huge story. Most big PL clubs breaking employment law repeatedly without regard and with no effort made to correct it...

Or maybe competing in international sports during your holiday doesn't count as working for your employer for all of the obvious reasons.

The clubs do get paid for releasing players for international duty and can recieve compensation if they get injured.

https://www.thestatszone.com/archiv...-how-much-compensation-do-clubs-receive-13466

I would be surprised if Harry had less than 150 days off a year quite honestly.

Next season we have to play 23 games in the first 14 weeks. Then the world cup. How many days off do you think he'll get in that time?

I get it, he's paid a lot and it's not long days. But his performances will suffer.

Next season we have to play 23 games in the first 14 weeks. Then the world cup. How many days off do you think he'll get in that time?

I get it, he's paid a lot and it's not long days. But his performances will suffer.

More than half of them.

The old tiger woods ad for i think it was amex comes to mind.
Runs something like, i love rainy days, kick back, play some video games, watch a movie, blah blah blah, except there isn't any rainy days.
All filmed as the rain belts against the window looking on woods out practising.
You don't get to that level without total commitment, and although harry may be taking holidays from the club, you can bet he isn't from the lifestyle.

Most of the week are quarter days or half days if there is anything at all.

even I have 130 day off a year including weekends.
You're way off the mark with what they get off. They don't get weekends off and 1/4 or 1/2 days aren't days off. They normally play 2 games a week, next day will be a light training session, massages etc to reduce the chance of injury. There'll be at least 2 days full training on top of that (more on weeks with one match). Typically 1 day off a week if lucky.

You're way off the mark with what they get off. They don't get weekends off and 1/4 or 1/2 days aren't days off. They normally play 2 games a week, next day will be a light training session, massages etc to reduce the chance of injury. There'll be at least 2 days full training on top of that (more on weeks with one match). Typically 1 day off a week if lucky.

Think ally gold said one thing that annoyed the players with poch, is that they would usually get 1 or 2 days off every two weeks. But poch wouldn't tell them till a day or 2 before hand what days they'd get off. So they could never plan anything. Mourinho let them know well in advance.

Think ally gold said one thing that annoyed the players with poch, is that they would usually get 1 or 2 days off every two weeks. But poch wouldn't tell them till a day or 2 before hand what days they'd get off. So they could never plan anything. Mourinho let them know well in advance.
Conte gives them 2 days off if they win

I find it completely insane that Southgate has not given Kane this international break off to have a full summer off.

Same applies for Rice and a few more, flog them some more

Maybe the plan is to let him get the Rooney record off his back by spanking 5 in against Hungary, then let Watkins take over for the other snoozefests?

Back