1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Kane MBE

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 29 Jan 2013.

1. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

So why do we need to sell Kane to fund it? We can afford those lower cost players without selling him.

Losing Kane would not be a disaster for us. We'd move on. But it would set us back. Just like any club. Liverpool lose Van Dijk and they are weaker. City lose De Bruyne and they are weaker. That's why they aren't considering it. You don't sell your best players without good reason.

And remember, the transfer market is a bit of a lottery. For every Toby and Jan, there's been a Wimmer or Chiriches, for every Dembele there's been a Stambouli, for every Son, there has been a N'Jie or N'Koudou.

Spur of the moment, MKSpur and Robbo like this.
  2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

I hope now Levy is taking a back seat our transfers improve a bit. Certainly seen a better ratio of good to bad players last 12 months compared to the previous 5 years.

DeanoAustin likes this.
  3. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Simon Davies

I've got an insane idea, why not sell our bad players and try to replace them with better ones? Rather than sell our best players and replace them with not as good ones?

Then see if we can improve.

Briddo1882, Bullet, harr1984 and 13 others like this.
  4. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Les Ferdinand

The good reason is that he doesn't want to be here.
    And i question just how strong we are with him, how many trophies is it again?

5. Yiddo

Yiddo Steffen Iversen

You can buy and sell all you like but you will always fail when your star players who you have built a team a round never turn up in the most important games.

6. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Paul Stewart

He didn’t want to be here last summer as the team stank and we had no manager. I think there’s a reasonable chance he stays if we get top 4 and we remain competitive. I don’t blame him for wanting to leave if the team doesn’t show any sign of challenging. Absolute madness considering selling him ahead of the rest of the squad. It’s like Emirates Marketing Project selling De Bruyne because they haven’t won the champions league and blaming him because he’s the best player.

DTA, DeanoAustin, DubSpur and 2 others like this.
  7. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

Talking about Wanting to sell Kane is a bit pointless ( i m o), he will only get sold if he wants to leave and someone gives us the price we demand.

Lilbaz likes this.
  8. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

Personally I think he’ll leave for free at the end of his current contract. If he signs another he knows he’ll be locked in for his absolute “prime” but not signing one will allow him to see what happens with Conte and move on if it doesn’t amount to anything. Harry is no doubt earning enough for him / his family, why would he sign another one? Kane can stick around and see what’s good (and ideally achieve the dream with us), however if there’s more of the same he’ll have been in the right to ensure his other options are still open by not continuing to prove himself out of other potential moves.

MKSpur likes this.
  9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

Nothing wrong with that
    He leaves us at 31 and maybe gets a mega payday

10. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Simon Davies

A month before his 32nd birthday.

Think we'll offer him a contract extension to 34. He'll still be good then, a nice payrise to boot.

11. Bedfordspurs

Wouldn’t he just have turned 31? He has 2 years left and is 29 this summer

12. Mikey10

Mikey10 Simon Davies

3 years left, no?

13. Bedfordspurs

2 this summer I think

Mikey10 likes this.
  14. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

Barring serious injury, I think Kane will be playing at the highest level for many more years. He's got a brilliant footballing brain that allows him to adapt (as he's already shown) as he gets older. I wouldn't be surprised if he's still got a bit part somewhere high up in ten years.

15. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

yes, he's like Zlatan in that way, so far ahead of everyone else that age will only, slowly, chip away at his advantage

harr1984 and Robbo like this.
  16. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Simon Davies

My bad.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  17. MKSpur

MKSpur Johnny Morrison

I tend to agree, the only issue I can think of is how a new contract would insulate him financially against a career ending injury. Obviously a gentleman’s agreement won’t suffice and a performance related release clause would be open to abuse.
    The other side of the coin is would Levy be prepared to lose him on a free, feels like a potentially difficult stand off if not?

18. johnola

johnola Sergei Rebrov

City have nailed down Haaland then.

Don’t see him at Liverpool nor Arsenal. Chelsea will be a nothing and he has pooh poohed United.

So it’s Spurs for a season, lift the World Cup with Angleterre then off to Newcastle to chase down Shearers records.

19. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

Yeah the WC will probably be a factor for him too. He knows what he's got at Spurs, and how those surroundings will benefit his WC preparations. While he's good enough for any team, there will be an element of uncertainty to a club change four months before the WC.

MKSpur likes this.
  20. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

Robbo likes this.