1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Kane MBE

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 29 Jan 2013.

1. Bullet

Bullet Steffen Freund

Strong disagree.
    He's an excellent player, a leader in both boxes.
    His attempted lob was indeed poor, normally he would just bang that near post or simply chip the keeper without a second thought.
    Looks like he is feeling the pressure, but it will come if he keeps going.
    His shot in the second half was excellent and was a great save*
    He's getting into decent positions, a few times in recent games Son chose not to slide him in, so their linkup doesn't seem as perfect as under Mou.
    A shame that little snapshot deflection from Son's shot didn't fly in.

*It was encouraging for me that Doherty laid it off to him and followed it up, sprinting towards the keeper... if the keeper had parried it, Doherty would have tapped it in.

2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

The last bit was something I noticed earlier on a re run
    That was classic wing back play like Reggie vs Leeds

3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

4. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover the prettiest spice girl

Not strange to me. Negative football at the start of the season from coach and a combination of him not wanting to be here.

Dicko likes this.
  5. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Mel Hopkins

He doesn't score and the press keep harping on about his lack of league goals.

He scores and they still get in their sly digs

By scoring Kane draws level with Manchester United midfielder Fred and Burnley's Ben Mee for goals scored this campaign.
    It ended a run of 788 minutes without scoring at home in the league, and eight home league games without a goal.

Irrspective of the facts the stats are correct. There is absolutely no need to be quoting stuff like this. No other striker in the PL would have this stuff like this posted after a match like today.
    Would this have happened to Lineker, Shearer, Rooney after a barren run....not a chance

6. paxtonwolf

paxtonwolf Mel Hopkins

Oh and yes...36 to go

7. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

He'll take off from here. He doesn't score against Palace and I'll buy everyone on here a steak dinner.

paxtonwolf, metalgear, MKSpur and 2 others like this.
  8. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

Just in case:
    Pot_Noodle_90g_Brazilian_Bbq_56485.jpg

MKSpur and DeanoAustin like this.
  9. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

The crash diet Conte has put him has made a big difference already (to appearance and energy, if not output yet)

thfcsteff likes this.
  10. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin John Lacy

I don't make bold statements like that without being right. Last time I did it, I vowed to get the Woolwich crest tattooed on my arse if Jack Grealish wasn't a Tottenham player at the end of the 2019 summer transfer window.

Nailed on.

Robbo likes this.
  11. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Paul Stewart

Glad to see him get a goal which was probably the hardest chance he had yesterday, the ones he missed were almost beyond belief how he didn’t score. His passing was a little off, the one in particular for Son that could have put us 2-0 up. Very fortunate to escape with a yellow card for that tackle but we deserve a bit of luck against Liverpool the amount of late goals they have scored against us the last few seasons.

12. spurspinter1

spurspinter1 Chris Armstrong

As long as the game is still in progress, legally you can score a goal late or otherwise. Kane’s tackle however I’m not even sure if it’s legal in MMA rules.

On one hand sure it’s great we got away with one against a proper gobbrick, but it really wouldn’t have been worth throwing the game away and leaving us to pick from all our capable and totally real back up strikers options for the next couple of games..

I am glad that he’s scored but GHod damn, what was he thinking? Extra points for claiming he got the ball though, may as well wind people up more if you’ve got away with it.

thfcsteff, MKSpur, FatBloke and 2 others like this.
  13. harr1984

harr1984 Pedro Mendes

Don’t agree Kanes pass was off for the Son chance at all. He had to lift the ball over the defender - there was no chance to slide the ball on the floor past the defender, in front of Son and not close enough to the keeper. Unless you are an armchair fan of course….

Finney Is Back and MKSpur like this.
  14. FatBloke

FatBloke Allan Nielsen

It was a tough pass to get right, and to put it "on a plate" for Son would have required De Bruyne levels of precision. Kane's capable of it, yes, but he's opted to make sure and IMHO that's resulted in a very tricky chance for Son. Perhaps Sonny could have taken a touch to take it wide of the keeper, but that's a gamble in itself, and Allison had spent the previous however many minutes chasing down everything.

If that had gone in, it would have been a goal of the month contender. To me, that's enough to make it a difficult one for Son to have put away.

Of Kane's many other chances, the one where Dele squared it to him was underhit. Last season's Kane would probably have scored it, but Dele should have done better. The point-blank header was just that, point-blank. The sort that looks easy if it goes in.

Another keeper and we might have scored a couple more. I'm just glad we're creating chances again rather than playing Mourinho-ball. Or should that be Portugeezer-ball?

SteveAWOL and MKSpur like this.
  15. MKSpur

MKSpur Johnny Morrison

I was surprised he didn’t swear on his kids life he got a touch on the ball!

afsoc4life likes this.
  16. MKSpur

MKSpur Johnny Morrison

It was good to see him get chances and history tells us he will take more of them if they continue to be provided. He must be happier in a set up that creates opportunities with Son sharing the attentions of the centre backs, rather than playing with his back to goal and earning fouls as he hasn’t got the pace or support to go past players on his own.

Maybe Conte has had a word about making himself available in the danger areas and shifting the ball on quickly too.

harr1984 and Finney Is Back like this.
  17. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Paul Stewart

Glad to see him get a goal which was probably the hardest chance he had yesterday, the ones he missed were almost beyond belief how he didn’t score. His passing was a little off, the one in particular for Son that could have put us 2-0 up. Very fortunate to escape with a yellow card for that tackle but we deserve a bit of luck against Liverpool the amount of late goals they have scored against us the last few seasons.
    Yeah I’m fully aware of the rules thanks mate :D just pointing out that we’ve not exactly had the rub of the green against Liverpool in the last few seasons so I’m not too bothered that we got away with one. On more than one occasion at Anfield we’ve arguably been the better team and should have won the match only for Firmino to pop up with a headed winner from a corner in the 90th minute. I agree fully about the tackle, it was reckless and nasty and it should have resulted in a red card that would have almost certainly have cost us all 3 points. It’s the sort of tackle Adebayor used to make in the north London derby when he was pumped up.

18. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

What on earth are you on about?.... Kane is meticulous in his diet and even has his own chef.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  19. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

Yep
    The guy looks after himself as good as any player on the game and it’s part of why he has got as far as he has

20. Gutter Boy

Gutter Boy Tim Sherwood

He's dropped about a stone in the last 3 or so weeks. It looked very obvious seeing him yesterday

I'm not saying he wasn't in shape, but we must have decided his optimum weight is now different. Conte did the same thing with Lukaku - very dramatically there

thfcsteff likes this.