• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Disagree
There are plenty of fans of other “big” clubs who just don’t rate Kane. Mainly in there view of England games
The diatribe against him is bizarre
It's because Kane hasn't won anything. Despite the Balon d'Or being ostensibly a trophy based on individual brilliance it never is. The trophies you've won and the pivotal games you've scored in (and it very much is about goal scorers usually) are what matter and stick in the minds of the voters.

Spurs were pretty poop so despite all of Kane's goals and assists he didn't elevate us to a high enough position or win any competitions for the Balon d'Or voters to take note. It's a very flawed award system.

It's because Kane hasn't won anything. Despite the Balon d'Or being ostensibly a trophy based on individual brilliance it never is. The trophies you've won and the pivotal games you've scored in (and it very much is about goal scorers usually) are what matter and stick in the minds of the voters.

Spurs were pretty poop so despite all of Kane's goals and assists he didn't elevate us to a high enough position or win any competitions for the Balon d'Or voters to take note. It's a very flawed award system.
What did salah win last year?
Mbappe (didn’t win the french league)?
Haaland (possibly a cup in Germany)?

I do agree though that for a thing with such credence it’s actually a shambles of an award

In an ideal world we’d sign another Eriksen next month so Kane can be in a position to finish off these sort of attacks instead of starting them but still a glorious pass nonetheless!

As long as we have the runs in behind Kane doing that is wonderful.

More creativity to create chances in other ways would be lovely, but I expect Kane to keep doing this quite a bit because he's awesome at it.

He's the natural target/focal point when we start counter attacking given his position, role and skill set.

Thanks Steve, I enjoyed that. So strange seeing Dele ramming goals home time and again.

What a legend Eriksen is. Is he able to play again, what is he up to?

Beaten to, and pushed off of the ball, by championship defenders, over and over again.

He’s either completely physically fudged or just not trying, either way the party is over and we need to replace him. He’s not worth a place in the starting line up at the minute.

Not been happy with him since the debacle of the neville interview.
Unlike some I've not seen much to suggest that he was interested in being here.
Despite being poor the last two games i did feel he was trying more and looking to be more of a team player.
He's not a natural athlete though, and his talent has been earned and honed the hard way. Looks like he is finding out that you can't turn it on and off anytime you like.
I think he can still come good for us again, but it'll take time. Time we may not have.
Maybe I'm missing it, but he never seems to be in the group celebrating goals anymore either.

That pass on Thursday tells me he still has it, maybe just trying too hard. Another day the lob in the first goes in, as does the one where he accidently got in the way of Son's shot.
Krul made a really good save to deny him in the 2nd half. Maybe needs a pen to get him going again, but Lord only knows when our next one is coming

That pass on Thursday tells me he still has it, maybe just trying too hard. Another day the lob in the first goes in, as does the one where he accidently got in the way of Son's shot.
Krul made a really good save to deny him in the 2nd half. Maybe needs a pen to get him going again, but Lord only knows when our next one is coming
I agree
He was trying and working hard enough
It will come

Not been happy with him since the debacle of the neville interview.
Unlike some I've not seen much to suggest that he was interested in being here.
Despite being poor the last two games i did feel he was trying more and looking to be more of a team player.
He's not a natural athlete though, and his talent has been earned and honed the hard way. Looks like he is finding out that you can't turn it on and off anytime you like.
I think he can still come good for us again, but it'll take time. Time we may not have.
Maybe I'm missing it, but he never seems to be in the group celebrating goals anymore either.

You got me curious on that score. Just watched the highlights. Certainly got in the huddle with the Moura and Son celebrations, and was 2nd (after Dier's chest bump) to congratulate Sanchez (IIRC), but might keep an eye on that.

The one thing Kane has done over the years is make his critics look silly. It's just a matter of time before we see him back to his best.
Yep when he leaves and goes to City. Lack of a second striker looks criminal now. He knows he will play regardless of the performances he’s putting in. Sad sight

He had two glorious long instinctive passes on Thursday, but he mucked up about half a dozen shortish passes when he had time to think about them.
Its there, and I believe he is trying, but i don't think his mind is quite in the place yet.

Doesn't look to me like he's not trying. Pressing better again, challenging in physical duels even though he loses a fair few (he's always done that though).

Gets into goalscoring positions now, that's good. Seems to me like even his flow and instinctive ability can be influenced by a goal drought and everything that's been going on.

Just needs a goal I think.

Edit: More worried about us running him into the ground causing another injury than his lack of form.

Bar his one lapse this summer, due to atrocious councelling I believe, Harry has been nothing but an exeptionalyl professional player for us, through all our ups and downs.
I don't for a second believe he would allow himself to do less then his best effort, regardless.
Now, that does not mean that he is performing at his best at the moment. He is suffering from a prolonged Harry Kane-august, caused by the Euros, delayed preseason, stupid transfer-saga, and probably less-than-ideal start with Nuno. I expect we'll see this version of Kane untill the christmas period, and hopefully he'll be on fire for the second half of the season.

The silver lining is that perhaps he will delay his usual february/march/april-injury untill late may this year..

Back