• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Words I could never have imagined agreeing with when he was playing, or in his early days as a pundit, but I have really come around to him. He has had plenty of positive things to say about us over the past few years, and he comes across as a really decent bloke.
The blokes a legend
He is such a nice guy if you ever meet him
And he has no animosity towards Tottenham, just love for arsenal

Words I could never have imagined agreeing with when he was playing, or in his early days as a pundit, but I have really come around to him. He has had plenty of positive things to say about us over the past few years, and he comes across as a really decent bloke.
His documentary Home Truths was a powerful thing

Criticism directed at Harry Kane from the high and mighty Lancashire Telegraph. Edited: Well a letter or article (which will subsequently be referred to as an article) within the Telegraph but apparently submitted by an external author.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....lping-very-average-harry-kane-bid-top-scorer/

In which they state that Kane is very average and only succeeds by filling his boots against the lesser nations. As the article also says that Kane scores very rarely in matches against a group of opponents, one of which is Arsenal, then I’ll take the article and throw it in the bin. Harry Kane is the leading all time NLD scorer.

This article appears to have an agenda against Kane, is not fully inaccurate, but to say that the current holder of both the PL golden boot, and Playmaker (most assists), trophy is very average then wow. I’ll assume that the author wants Rooney to retain his title as leading England goal scorer. An assumption made on the grounds that it’s written in to a Lancashire publication, and Rooney would be their close to home hero.

Last edited:
Criticism directed at Harry Kane from the high and mighty Lancashire Telegraph.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....lping-very-average-harry-kane-bid-top-scorer/

In which they state that Kane is very average and only succeeds by filling his boots against the lesser nations. As the article also says that Kane scores very rarely in matches against a group of opponents, one of which is Arsenal, then I’ll take the article and throw it in the bin. Harry Kane is the leading all time NLD scorer. This article appears to have an agenda against Kane, is not fully inaccurate, but to say that the current holder of both the PL golden boot, and Playmaker (most assists), trophy is very average then wow. I’ll assume that the journalist wants Rooney to retain his title as leading England goal scorer. An assumption made on the grounds that it’s a Lancashire publication, and Rooney would be their close to home hero.
Wow
Just seen he doesn’t even post his articles on his Twitter feed
The guys clearly a bit of a knob with some issues

Wow
Just seen he doesn’t even post his articles on his Twitter feed
The guys clearly a bit of a knob with some issues

That's just a letter in to the site/paper from a random member of the public. An Anthony Hutchinson.
It's not actually written by this Robert Kelly. Community Content Editor must be a nice way of saying 'chooses which letters to print from the various moon-howlers'

Don't know why it merited it's own webpage

That's just a letter in to the site/paper from a random member of the public. An Anthony Hutchinson.
It's not actually written by this Robert Kelly. Community Content Editor must be a nice way of saying 'chooses which letters to print from the various moon-howlers'

Don't know why it merited it's own webpage
Missed that

Same. It appeared to be a true article on the face of it. So apologies to the Lancashire Telegraph, the website made it appear as if it were an article in the publication. Evidently, it is not.

The article itself is laughable and factually incorrect. Written by a biased United supporter I would guess.

I thought his body language was an improvement and his performance promising. He's still dropping deeper than we want him to be but service is also poor, crossing from our wing backs needs to be better. Goals will come soon and in abundance.

Service poor? Kane has been provided with clear cut chances in the matches I have watched. His finishing in the EPL has been poor. He also needs to stay up top instead of dropping. It is not his role to link midfield and attack.

Service poor? Kane has been provided with clear cut chances in the matches I have watched. His finishing in the EPL has been poor. He also needs to stay up top instead of dropping. It is not his role to link midfield and attack.
I’m pretty sure it is. Looks to me like Conte wants Kane to drop in and then Moura and (especially) Son to get beyond him.

While I’m on, a word for Kalvin Phillips yesterday who was absolutely brilliant I thought. He was an attacking midfield player only a few years ago and yet put in a centre back display yesterday that would see him walking into our team in that position (though I’d love to have him at the base of our midfield)

Last edited:
The service has been terrible, we're one of the lowest for chances created in the league. Kane got one clear cut chance yesterday.
If he doesn't drop deep who is going to link up the play? Winks and PEH aren't exactly known for their creativity. Moura? 9 times out of 10 he'll run into defenders, play the wrong ball or give a poor pass. Son isn't the most creative either (and is another suffering because of the lack of creativity). That leaves the wingbacks who haven't exactly being putting in great crosses on a regular basis.

Poor by his standard and on limited chances.
Think we require him to drop in and link every now and then at the moment. Sonny rarely creates and Moura tries too, but doesn't know how to do the final part.
Until we sort out the Midfield/AFs /formation, Kane doing a bit of that isn't a bad plan ... supported by the fact that we have all seen it work before.

I think he should drop deep, he's the most creative player at the club, one of the best in the world, we want him on the ball as much as possible.

But he has to work harder at finding space, his jogging around between the opposing centre backs is killing us at the minute.

Back