• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It’s fairly easy to see why he’s so country before club. He gets to score hat tricks against dross and look good. Another dozen against San Marino then back to sulking at WHL. I do wish we had got rid.
He doesn’t usually play the two games, it would seem we have some unofficial agreement and he plays the more difficult of the two fixtures. For example he played against Poland but not the other fixture that was easier that international week. That being said he was taken off early so maybe he will have some involvement but I’d guess Southgate starts with more of a ‘reserve’ team against San Marino….

Harry's hat-trick for England today means he's drawn level with the late Jimmy Greaves on 44 goals

But here's the thing. By taking him off after 61 minutes Gareth ensured that Harry's scoring rate (minutes-per-goal) pips Jimmy's by all of 3 seconds per game on average!

Harry Kane: total minutes played 5128; total goals 44
Minutes per goal: 116.54

https://www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=1207

Jimmy Greaves: total minutes played 5130; total goals 44
Minutes per goal: 116.59

https://www.englandstats.com/player.php?pid=780

Freakish? or what!

Hearing a growing number of people saying it’s easier to score international goals now than it used to be.

not sure I agree personally?

Hearing a growing number of people saying it’s easier to score international goals now than it used to be.

not sure I agree personally?
Me neither. England regularly ran up cricket scores back in the 60s whereas all but the weakest nations know how to make it hard to score against them nowadays.

Harry seldom gets to play against the Andorras and San Marinos whilst his record againt the very best is right up there.

Yeah, imagine fans questioning the attitude of a player who hasn’t been bothered for most the year after acting like a dingdong over a move most wouldn’t have begrudged him.
Kane has been at Tottenham 17 years. In 255 PL appearances for Spurs he has scored 167 and won three Golden Boots. If that's not loyalty I don't know what is.

The reality is fewer than 1% of players stay at the same club throughout their careers, yet when Harry asks to leave in order to give himself a chance of achieving what every fan agrees he needs to do (win trophies), he gets crucified.

The likes of Hoddle, Waddle, Gascoigne, Berbatov, Modric and Bale all asked to leave in order to give themselves a better chance of winning trophies.

Okay like Modric he naively believed he had a gentleman's agreement with Levy. But come on, his speciality is putting the ball in the back of the net, not taking on football's toughest negotiator ever at his own game.

The outcome is the merciless criticism gets to him, his Tottenham form goes out the window, and EVERYBODY loses.

Methinks it's time to give him a break.

Kane has been at Tottenham 17 years. In 255 PL appearances for Spurs he has scored 167 and won three Golden Boots. If that's not loyalty I don't know what is.

The reality is fewer than 1% of players stay at the same club throughout their careers, yet when Harry asks to leave in order to give himself a chance of achieving what every fan agrees he needs to do (win trophies), he gets crucified.

The likes of Hoddle, Waddle, Gascoigne, Berbatov, Modric and Bale all asked to leave in order to give themselves a better chance of winning trophies.

Okay like Modric he naively believed he had a gentleman's agreement with Levy. But come on, his speciality is putting the ball in the back of the net, not taking on football's toughest negotiator ever at his own game.

The outcome is the merciless criticism gets to him, his Tottenham form goes out the window, and EVERYBODY loses.

Great post.

I am not sure many crucified him for wanting to leave, go throught this thread and you will see the vast majority said they see why he wants to leave.

What annoyed people off his the attitude he showed on the pitch since Feb/March time, the interview with Nevile and the behaviour of his camp during the summer - whilst seemingly blaming the club for Emirates Marketing Project mucking him around - Some of the players seemed equally annoyed.

The criticism is of his own making, he showed glimpses of effort against Everton and against Vitesse so hopefuly we can start seeing the player Emirates Marketing Project wanted.

I’m sure he had an agreement with Levy
His issue was and is that the club ain’t gonna sell him cheap

you don’t sell world class players cheap unless you have too

we don’t need too

what he needed was an agent to do their job and find a buying club willing to pay a sensible fee for a player who literally was the best in the league last season

and you may wanna rethink some of the players you mention who wanted to leave for trophies. Possibly read up on their reasons for leaving

I am not sure many crucified him for wanting to leave, go throught this thread and you will see the vast majority said they see why he wants to leave.

What annoyed people off his the attitude he showed on the pitch since Feb/March time, the interview with Nevile and the behaviour of his camp during the summer - whilst seemingly blaming the club for Emirates Marketing Project mucking him around - Some of the players seemed equally annoyed.

The criticism is of his own making, he showed glimpses of effort against Everton and against Vitesse so hopefuly we can start seeing the player Emirates Marketing Project wanted.
You mean the player Emirates Marketing Project wanted less than other players (hence the cheap offer)

N ail on the he ad, it the way he has TRIED to go about it that has annoyed some fans and also the lack of effort that has gone into his game since the move never happened. No one begrudges him wanting to leave to win things its the way he has gone about it and sulking like a child since then.

Said on here a couple of seasons back that it would not surprise me to see him want to move, ALL players ( despite what some fans say) want trophys to show for their time in the game and he is no different. On top of that i still have a feeling that his time at the top will be curtailed by the amount of injurys he has suffered to his ankles etc and would not be surprised to see that happen.

Good luck to him IF/when he does go but he has made a joke of that " one of our own " crap.

Last edited:

Interesting loyalty eh! Spurs took a chance on him, gave him the stage to perform and built a team to let him be the main man. Not only that the club has dutifully paid his wages.

Harry Kane behaved like a major dingdonghead this year and you think we should give it a pass. There is something called self respect. Are you perchance one of those who think Kane is bigger than Spurs?

Quite a number of fans are trying to have a open mind as he is still wearing the shirt but dear lord what comes out of his mouth and his actions are plain awful. A proverb says keep quiet and one would think you are wise.

City are also prepared to test Tottenham's resolve in January by reviving their interest in England striker Harry Kane having failed to lure the 28-year-old to Etihad Stadium in the summer. (ESPN)

Interesting loyalty eh! Spurs took a chance on him, gave him the stage to perform and built a team to let him be the main man. Not only that the club has dutifully paid his wages.

Harry Kane behaved like a major dingdonghead this year and you think we should give it a pass. There is something called self respect. Are you perchance one of those who think Kane is bigger than Spurs?

Quite a number of fans are trying to have a open mind as he is still wearing the shirt but dear lord what comes out of his mouth and his actions are plain awful. A proverb says keep quiet and one would think you are wise.
What exactly has come out of his mouth? He has been saying season after season that he would only stay at Spurs so long as the club matched his ambition. Nothing wrong with that.

For sure he was unwise to do the interview with Neville, it was always going to be skillfully manipulated - no doubt with the connivance of Sky Sports - to get him to reveal things like who he would enjoy playing with most and what transfer fee he thought he was worth. Utterly contemptible tactics but he should have known better than to give an honest answer.

What else? I'm struggling to recall anything he has ever said against the club he has supported since youth. Unlike Berbatov he has never refused to train or play when selected. Throughout his career he has been held up as the supreme professional, and whilst it's true Tottenham have given him the stage to perform, this is very much a two-way street and how richly has Harry returned the favour?

I just find it sad that so many are turning on him when all he has done is the same as what most players would do in his boots. To my mind it is counterproductive anyway because the more the fans get on his back, the harder he is going to find it to produce his best form.

So maybe we are now getting the Harry Kane we deserve.

What exactly has come out of his mouth? He has been saying season after season that he would only stay at Spurs so long as the club matched his ambition. Nothing wrong with that.

For sure he was unwise to do the interview with Neville, it was always going to be skillfully manipulated - no doubt with the connivance of Sky Sports - to get him to reveal things like who he would enjoy playing with most and what transfer fee he thought he was worth. Utterly contemptible tactics but he should have known better than to give an honest answer.

What else? I'm struggling to recall anything he has ever said against the club he has supported since youth. Unlike Berbatov he has never refused to train or play when selected. Throughout his career he has been held up as the supreme professional, and whilst it's true Tottenham have given him the stage to perform, this is very much a two-way street and how richly has Harry returned the favour?

I just find it sad that so many are turning on him when all he has done is the same as what most players would do in his boots. To my mind it is counterproductive anyway because the more the fans get on his back, the harder he is going to find it to produce his best form.

So maybe we are now getting the Harry Kane we deserve.
He has never said anything against the club
But he has made some dumb ish comments in the last year
Their comments he didn’t need to make
He can let his football do the talking for him
And he literally didn’t come back to train this summer don’t forget

Back