• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Looked better to me today. I think Kane is just an easy target after the summer debacle to be honest. Also because he hits such ridiculously high levels, its emphasised more when he’s a bit off….

Agreed. And there have been plenty of times in the last 2-3 seasons where he's lumbered around and seemed dis-interested, however because of the events of the summer, more will be made of it now. That said, a PL goal for him soon would be nice!

Looked better to me today. I think Kane is just an easy target after the summer debacle to be honest. Also because he hits such ridiculously high levels, its emphasised more when he’s a bit off….

You are probably right. I think we are also putting him under more scrutiny because we desperately want to see that he really still cares and puts in the effort. In the past we would just say “he always starts off slowly”. Now we’re less likely to excuse the slow start and want to see a bit more as proof of his commitment. Rightly or wrongly perhaps, but he’s kind of brought that on himself.

Agreed Bedford, and there was another where he cut inside and drilled it low at the near post, Martinez was rooted to the spot as the ball flashed a foot wide.

One goal in 50 Premier league games says all that needs to be said about his shooting. It's shocking.
The thing that standa out for me in his shooting isn’t necessarily that one where he tried to place it rather than blast it, but the other occasions where he comes in from the right hand side and always tries to curl it into the top corner which either narrowly misses or slowly curls into the keeper to make the save. He did it in this game too.

He did score 16 overall in his last season at Betis though, so it may be a similar quandary to Lamela who had a decent league goal return in one season at Roma (15)but only scored around the same amount in 8 years for us (17)!

The thing that standa out for me in his shooting isn’t necessarily that one where he tried to place it rather than blast it, but the other occasions where he comes in from the right hand side and always tries to curl it into the top corner which either narrowly misses or slowly curls into the keeper to make the save. He did it in this game too.

He did score 16 overall in his last season at Betis though, so it may be a similar quandary to Lamela who had a decent league goal return in one season at Roma (15)but only scored around the same amount in 8 years for us (17)!
Similarly to Lamela he's had a terrible time with injuries, never really gotten a good run and being able to build on confidence and belief.

Lo Celso has also played quite a bit deeper where you wouldn't expect a lot of goals.

Took his goal against Mura really well. Another similarity with Lamela perhaps. Bit more time, bit more space, quality shines through easier. Then again, he won't get many chances with more space and time than that chance against Villa.

The big chance against Villa to me was a picture book low confidence shot. Had time, but rushed it. Wasn't set for the shot, just swung a foot at the ball making it go in a vaguely good direction.

Needs to improve on that, particularly if his role is going to be one further forward. But to me it seems more like confidence than quality, mixed with being rather one footed and much more dangerous in some situations than others.

Back