• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

But it might have some basis in reality. When talking about gambler’s fallacy, it’s about factors that are generally outside of the gambler’s control. For example, if a coin is tossed ten times, and it comes heads with each, people believe that the next toss ‘must’ be heads. Except, it doesn’t work like that. As the probability is always 50/50.

In the case of a striker believing that they are more likely to score the next chance, that ‘may’ increase its likliehood. As their belief that they will score increases and so this aids their striker by allowing it to be more assured. It’s the psychological difference in terms of being in control.

It’s almost easier to look at it from the view point that some players will have their heads go down, and believe that if they miss a couple of chances, they will miss the next one and so scuff the shot as not confident. Belief and control can affect the future outcome.

As i said good psycologically and keeps confidence up.

If he had scored the previous effort does that mean the next chance is less likely to go in, than if he had missed?
No, Kane has a 'football' level of intellect i.e.
Miss a chance = next one is more likely to go in
Score a goal = next one is more likely to go in
Not even receive the ball = next one is more likely to go in
Etc
Elite levels of stupid stubborn belief in oneself

Etc
Ha! But not half so stupid when it pays off, eh? :D

Scored in 14 consecutive qualifying games for England now

Quite embarassing for Southgate that he had to bring on Mount, Kane & Grealish with 30 to go to make sure of the win against Andorra

Scored in 14 consecutive qualifying games for England now

Quite embarassing for Southgate that he had to bring on Mount, Kane & Grealish with 30 to go to make sure of the win against Andorra

He picked a midfield of TAA, Henderson and Bellingham....against Andorra. Tells you all you need to know about his footballing philosophy

Etc

Billy Beane (of Moneyball fame) said this about one of his teammates -Len Dykstra -(who has had a disastrous life since his baseball career ended) from his minor league days. Beane said that Dykstra was perfectly designed, emotionally, to play baseball. That he instantly forgot any failure and relived every success, such that he couldn't imagine himself not succeeding. I, for one, am delighted that Kane is similarly self confident. There is nothing worse than seeing a talented player, not produce, because they’re low on confidence.

Back