• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

why would anyone offer him a 12 month wage increase for someone who wants to leave.

He should stay for 12 months and if no one tries to sign him then tough luck.

Give and take

- He gets more money (I doubt we will go to £400K, but probably happy to go up from where he is)
- We get to extend the contract (so we are not down to 24 months next summer)
- We could agree to a release clause that gets us away from this drama each window, say £120M, if his agents get that, he can go, if not, no arguments

Give and take

- He gets more money (I doubt we will go to £400K, but probably happy to go up from where he is)
- We could agree to a release clause that gets us away from this drama each window, say £120M, if his agents get that, he can go, if not, no arguments

I would not give a 28 year old who has 3 years to run and has had his share of injuries a new contract. If he is still here at 31 then the chelsea thing of rolling one year contracts.

Mate, I don't like his behavior, but lets be clear, highly unlikely there will be a better striker than a 31 year old Kane playing at Spurs in 3 years from now.

If the is not then we have failed massively, the good chance is that a Kane who has played as much football as he has over the last few years, particularly in Poch high pressing team and with his injuries. I would be amazed if he played to anywhere close the standard he did last season.

Harry Kane wants £400k a week from Tottenham Hotspur after admitting defeat in bid to leave

Harry Kane has been in talks about an improved contract which he hopes could be worth up to £400,000 a week after admitting defeat in his attempt to leave his current club, Tottenham Hotspur, for Emirates Marketing Project.

The England captain has come to realise that City were not willing to meet Tottenham’s asking price of £150 million but has been seeking a wage to reflect that valuation and one that would put him among the Premier League’s highest-paid players.

Kane is thought to have been given a pay rise when Tottenham refused to allow him to leave last summer, taking him towards £300,000 a week, with bonuses, in a contract that runs until 2024. Kevin De Bruyne, the Emirates Marketing Project midfielder, who earns £385,000 aweek, and Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea, on £375,000 a week, are the league’s best-paid players.

Tottenham would only be likely to hand Kane another rise if it were heavily linked with bonuses, including those relating to goals. The forward could also try to insert a release clause if he signed a new contract to enable an exit next summer.

“I will be staying at Tottenham this summer and will be 100 per cent focused on helping the team achieve success,” the 28-year-old wrote in a Twitter post in which he thanked fans for their support.

An initial bid of £100 million by City was rejected before the Premier League champions told Tottenham that they would be willing to pay £120 million plus add-ons, but Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, has been unwilling to negotiate.

The Times revealed last week that City would have to raise funds by selling Bernardo Silva or Aymeric Laporte if they wanted to raise their bid, but there has been no firm offer for either player at their £50 million asking prices. No City player wanted to move to Tottenham as a makeweight in a deal.
After it became apparent that City would not make an improved offer, Kane conceded that the transfer would not happen and told Nuno Espírito Santo, his Tottenham head coach, yesterday. Kane is expected to make his first start of the season as Spurs try to overturn a 1-0 deficit to Paços de Ferreira and reach the Europa Conference League group stage tonight.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/harry-kane-i-will-stay-at-tottenham-this-summer-m2xmdq6v0
No way should it be related to goals, it should be related to trophies. Him wanting to play (score) every minute, even when not fit, is part of the problem.

a pay rise after the brick he's tried to pull, fudge right off, then fudge off some more

also, does City's unwillingness to place a proper bid, and tonights suggestions that Pep is off when his contract expires, show that they have lost faith in him?

We should give him additional bonuses based on winning silverware.

They might concentrate his mind on not just ponying up for the show on the day.

fudge him. Had his value collapsed he wouldn’t have gotten a paycut.

Give and take

No point setting a release clause, football inflation can happen virtually overnight.

£120M now might be a pittance in a year's time. His release clause should be "a sum larger than the record transfer fee at that point."

He has 3 years on his contract, we get to dictate the terms of any renewal. If he wants a new contract with a release clause (and therefore a less valuable contract to us) then he can take a pay cut to balance it. If he wants a pay rise, no release clause.

No point setting a release clause, football inflation can happen virtually overnight.

£120M now might be a pittance in a year's time. His release clause should be "a sum larger than the record transfer fee at that point."

He has 3 years on his contract, we get to dictate the terms of any renewal. If he wants a new contract with a release clause (and therefore a less valuable contract to us) then he can take a pay cut to balance it. If he wants a pay rise, no release clause.

Levy will never agree to a release clause, so I think that is why he might be going for it.

Two weird things I will never be able to get my head around:

How Harry and Charlie played this so badly. It seemed blindingly obvious from the beginning that Levy wasn’t going to sell unless an offer that met his value came in. He wasn’t going to be bullied around with talk of a gentleman’s agreement. They seemed to think that leaks, the Neville interview, the lack of returning to training would put pressure on Levy to sell, but it just made him more determined. This seemed obvious from the beginning…how did the Kanes not understand this and play their hand so badly, and why did they not get more certainty from City that they would make a serious bid before very nearly burning all of Harry’s bridges with us? Utterly bizarre.

Secondly, some of the coverage around this has also just been straight weird. I heard Ornstein reporting that City feel ‘Spurs need to come to the table if they want to get the deal done’. Just a very weird reading of a situation where we clearly had no intention to sell. What was going on there?

It really seems like Harry has been used as a pawn in a bit of City PR to help show the world they won’t be taken to the cleaners on prices going forward. And I bet they were probably happy to keep it going once the fixtures came out in the hope it would disrupt us for the first game. That didn’t work. I feel bad for Harry, he’s been stupid, he’s played this badly, he’s been used, and he now has some making up to do. Here’s hoping he does it with his performances.

He has been fudged over by them BIG TIME. Do we really think he'd have gone to all this fuss otherwise? THEY fudged him and he should never ever forget it.

Again, to clarify my opinion on what happened here from the get-go, obviously this is. personal opinion and not fact for any legal beagles...

He was tapped up.
He was told that the bids would come.
He was told to stir the pot gently from his end (Sky interview).
He was further tapped up during Euros.
He was encouraged to set a price via the press.
He has been left wondering WTF his tappers are playing at.
His tappers have left him high and dry, likely telling him one thing but doing another.
His tappers still suggested he string it til the last day of the window because they still felt they could squeeze a deal.
He knows Levy won't budge because his tappers are undervaluing him.
He decided enough is enough and made his statement.

I think the extra week is a grey area, we will never know the full truth there.

I would not be surprised if Paratici has taken him for a meal and pointed out to both him and CK66 how poorly Emirates Marketing Project have behaved towards HIM and how they have fudged HIM around!

I think we all move on now.

Harry Kane, he's one that we own/one of our own.

Again, to clarify my opinion on what happened here from the get-go, obviously this is. personal opinion and not fact for any legal beagles...

He was tapped up.
He was told that the bids would come.
He was told to stir the pot gently from his end (Sky interview).
He was further tapped up during Euros.
He was encouraged to set a price via the press.
He has been left wondering WTF his tappers are playing at.
His tappers have left him high and dry, likely telling him one thing but doing another.
His tappers still suggested he string it til the last day of the window because they still felt they could squeeze a deal.
He knows Levy won't budge because his tappers are undervaluing him.
He decided enough is enough and made his statement.

I think the extra week is a grey area, we will never know the full truth there.

I would not be surprised if Paratici has taken him for a meal and pointed out to both him and CK66 how poorly Emirates Marketing Project have behaved towards HIM and how they have fudged HIM around!

I think we all move on now.

Harry Kane, he's one that we own/one of our own.

Sounds like Eye-Tee-Kay

Sounds like Eye-Tee-Kay

No mate, not at all, if it was I wouldn't share it (won't share that sort of thing). No, this is the map I've been looking at for some time. I think it has always been pretty clear once we weed-whack the thickets of flimflam.
Levy has been crystal clear. If a club meets our valuation, then there's a discussion. If not, oh well.
I suppose the only thing we don't know is whether Levy said he would sell him for the right offer and then said this summer that offer has to come from abroad BUT either way, City tried to fob us off with their cast-offs and a few petro-quids so it is (as they say) academic!

If the is not then we have failed massively, the good chance is that a Kane who has played as much football as he has over the last few years, particularly in Poch high pressing team and with his injuries. I would be amazed if he played to anywhere close the standard he did last season.

He'll be scoring goals at the highest level well in to his mid thirties

Rumours that he is asking for 400k a week to sign a new contract. I would sell him. At that price, it is not worth it.

I don't buy into his 'love' for the club.

Back