• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

My theory; we have agreed Kanes transfer to City and are spending the money cautiously looking at the money that we are spending, albeit offset with the sale of Toby (£13M), Foyth (£12.8M), Lamela.

Thus far we have spent net of £21.6 Million on Bryan Gil & Golini (Loan) = £4.2M,

While trimming the squad of wages with Rose, Gazzaniga, Lamela also departing.

Being linked with a £40M transfer for Romero, £18M transfer for Ings, £50M transfer for Kounde, £18M for Tomiyasu, £40M for Vlahovic = Prospective Outlay of £170.40M (Looks like a sum close to Kanes transfer money required, give or take more
player sales).

Although I highly doubt that this is the end of our transfer activity with the additions of the above and getting rid of the likes of Aurier, Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier, Winks and possibly Davies being mooted.

If transfers go our way we could be looking at a team that looks like this:

--------------------------------------- Lloris/Golini -----------------------------------------

Tomiyasi/Doherty ---- Kounde/Rodon ---- Romero/Tanganga --- Reguilon/Sessegnon

------------------------------ PEH -------------------- Skipp --------------------------------

---Son/Lo Celso ------------------- Dele/Ndombele --------- Moura/Bryan/Bergwijn --

----------------------------------------- Ings/Vlahovic----------------------------------

Looks like we are a little light in the central midfield area Box to Box.

Obviously, Lo Celso can play centrally and a little deeper.

If that was the team that was for the season, would you be happy?

My theory; we have agreed Kanes transfer to City and are spending the money cautiously looking at the money that we are spending, albeit offset with the sale of Toby (£13M), Foyth (£12.8M), Lamela.

Thus far we have spent net of £21.6 Million on Bryan Gil & Golini (Loan) = £4.2M,

Being linked with a £40M transfer for Romero, £18M transfer for Ings, £50M transfer for Kounde, £18M for Tomiyasu, £40M for Vlahovic = Prospective Outlay of £170.40M (Looks like a sum close to Kanes transfer money required, give or take more
player sales).

Although I highly doubt that this is the end of our transfer activity with the additions of the above and getting rid of the likes of Aurier, Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier, Winks and possibly Davies being mooted.

--------------------------------------- Lloris/Golini -----------------------------------------

------------------------------ PEH -------------------- Skipp --------------------------------

---Son/Lo Celso ------------------- Dele/Ndombele --------- Moura/Bryan/Bergwijn --

----------------------------------------- Ings/Vlahovic----------------------------------

Gets my vote although the only thing I’d be worried about would be the sheer amount of new faces in the first choice defence, which might lead to some teething problems next year. Long term though, I like it!

player sales).

I'd like a more experienced CB, 4 young CBs isn't ideal, but long term it'll hopefully be good.

player sales).

Not sure I agree re Kane being sold

- The club was always likely to spend to recover position
- Looks like our intention is to make a Ndombele/Sanchez buy each window anyway
- Our BofA refinanced loan gave us a little extra plus seems a few sponsorships are imminent
- Bale, Rose, Toby off the wage bill is huge
- I don't see us buying 3 x £40M+ players (two is even optimistic)

So alternative math

Golinni - Free
Tomiyasu - effectively a swap for Foyth
Gil - £25M +Lamela (probably less on wage book) , if you take Toby's fee into account, it's down to £15M
Romero - £45M (seems close)

So total spend to date (including Romero) = ~£60M

Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, CCV still to go out door = ~£40M? add any legitimate sponsorship (say training kit) and you might be at net zero to date.

We could go for Kounde and Ings and still end up with less than £100M net spend this season.

Not sure I agree re Kane being sold

- The club was always likely to spend to recover position
- Looks like our intention is to make a Ndombele/Sanchez buy each window anyway
- Our BofA refinanced loan gave us a little extra plus seems a few sponsorships are imminent
- Bale, Rose, Toby off the wage bill is huge
- I don't see us buying 3 x £40M+ players (two is even optimistic)

So alternative math

Golinni - Free
Tomiyasu - effectively a swap for Foyth
Gil - £25M +Lamela (probably less on wage book) , if you take Toby's fee into account, it's down to £15M
Romero - £45M (seems close)

So total spend to date (including Romero) = ~£60M

Sanchez, Winks, Sissoko, CCV still to go out door = ~£40M? add any legitimate sponsorship (say training kit) and you might be at net zero to date.

We could go for Kounde and Ings and still end up with less than £100M net spend this season.

I am with you on this. FWIW I don't think Kounde or Ings are coming. Romero and Tomiyasu with Rodon, Sanchez, Davies and Dier as cover for a three (I think we would sell any of them but not all this window NES will want some experience. I think Ings without CL and with Kane looking unaffordable is not going to happen. More likely to Emirates Marketing Project TBH.

I'm not so sure about spending the Kane money - club said Covid cost us X amount in lost revenue (200m?) which i believe has been revouped via the loan arrangement made recently which in my very loose thinking means we're more or less in the same position as previous two summers where we spent a combined 160m net.

Still not sold him then…
Come one city. Grow a pair and make a real offer

Kane should be tinkled if the talk is true

- Pep has come out publicly and said Spurs should be "happy with a £100M"
- City has said they are not going to significantly break their transfer record for Kane
- Now, they are willing to break the British transfer record for fudging Grealish?

So effectively they value Kane at the same or less than Grealish, hope Harry lets that sink in ..

Maybe that shows Kane has been flashing his knickers at City and not the other way round
I think it’s certainly a big part of that
Kane’s people know city want him
We know city want him
City want him
City don’t want to pay the fee we have set….
Somehow people think the deal will still happen for less money…
The fee and bar has been set publicly and even though clubs don’t declare the big fees anymore, there is no way that Levy will budge much at all and city still want to save face
City’s issue is everyone knows they can afford the £160m. But they believe they don’t pay more than the6 should for players hence why they lost out on maguire and VVD. They are not going to be outbid here, but they also don’t want to break the £100m bracket, so the whole thing is in limbo.

I think it’s certainly a big part of that
Kane’s people know city want him
We know city want him
City want him
City don’t want to pay the fee we have set….
Somehow people think the deal will still happen for less money…
The fee and bar has been set publicly and even though clubs don’t declare the big fees anymore, there is no way that Levy will budge much at all and city still want to save face
City’s issue is everyone knows they can afford the £160m. But they believe they don’t pay more than the6 should for players hence why they lost out on maguire and VVD. They are not going to be outbid here, but they also don’t want to break the £100m bracket, so the whole thing is in limbo.
A good summary.

City’s MO has definitely been to not pay very top dollar for any one individual, but instead fudgeloads at the level below, so as to not attract FFP attention - that worked! - and be able to say “it’s others that pay the highest!”, albeit not with a straight face, given their absolute spend.

I struggle to see how this happens unless there is an almighty comedown from one side. And history tells us it’s not usually ours! If it does go through, expect plenty of claim / counter-claim on the actual fee and likely we’ll probably never know what it actually was until there is some kind of Football Leaks again a la Bale to Real.

Kane should be tinkled if the talk is true

- Pep has come out publicly and said Spurs should be "happy with a £100M"
- City has said they are not going to significantly break their transfer record for Kane
- Now, they are willing to break the British transfer record for fudging Grealish?

So effectively they value Kane at the same or less than Grealish, hope Harry lets that sink in ..

I don’t think that is how Kane will see it. He will just think that he’s made up his mind that he wants to move and we are standing in the way of that. Granted he will know we have to do the right thing for the club and get the maximum amount of money for him but he knows how football works and city are just trying to pay as little as possible for him. At worst he may be frustrated with them for taking their time and not showing more urgency.

I do think they will get Grealish and they will go for Kane too. Whether they will get him or not remains to be seen. I doubt they can pull off two enormous deals in the same window with just under a month left but they’ve shown they don’t give a fudge about FFP and UEFA are spineless and won’t do anything to stop them so it won’t be lack of resources that stops this deal.

I think the chap is already sold ... Seen our twitter account push Scarlett quite a fair bit to possibly soften the blow ... "One of our own" ready to be splashed ... YAWN.

I think the chap is already sold ... Seen our twitter account push Scarlett quite a fair bit to possibly soften the blow ... "One of our own" ready to be splashed ... YAWN.
It wouldn’t surprise me and that we’re taking the Bale approach of spending the Kane money gradually before he goes at the deadline. I struggle to see how we couldn’t afford a Dias / Skriniar type this time last year and are now seemingly about to drop the same sort of figure on Romero without a real cash injection from somewhere. It’s conceivable that a soon-to-be-announced sponsorship may help here, but to me, the more likely answer is that Kane is gone.

It wouldn’t surprise me and that we’re taking the Bale approach of spending the Kane money gradually before he goes at the deadline. I struggle to see how we couldn’t afford a Dias / Skriniar type this time last year and are now seemingly about to drop the same sort of figure on Romero without a real cash injection from somewhere. It’s conceivable that a soon-to-be-announced sponsorship may help here, but to me, the more likely answer is that Kane is gone.

We couldn't afford a Skriniar type last summer because we already had a high net spend - if the loans have covered our covid losses then in theory we can hope for a similar net spend to the previous two seasons (160m net over over the two)

Back