• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Really don't understand why so many are ok with letting one of the top 5? Players in the world go, and for only 160m if city want him it should be a world record fee.

If not he is contracted to us for the next 3 years. Let him see it out.

Harry kane is not going to down tools and not play for us. We will not get a striker of his calibre for a long time if we let him go, no where close.

Really don't understand why so many are ok with letting one of the top 5? Players in the world go, and for only 160m if city want him it should be a world record fee.

Harry kane is not going to down tools and not play for us. We will not get a striker of his calibre for a long time if we let him go, no where close.

He's a WC striker, but that hasn't been enough for us, somehow other teams win things with lesser strikers, Kane has now been (IIRC) to a PL title chase, a CL final, League Cup final and Euros final, but won none of them.

Maybe, with £160M well spent and a refreshed team of players who actually want to play for us, that next step is there.

I heard the same thing when Berbatov left btw ...

situation is far from okay but it’s where we are at…I’ll share some of my feelings as to why I currently feel indifferent to him leaving.

I agree with you about his calibre but here’s why I think some are not crying into their cornflakes.

:it doesn’t feel great the way he’s gone about this, Neville interview, nothing wrong with ambition to win stuff but it still isn’t good having one of your own do this

:he’s missed 2-3 months a season quite regular with injuries with some fearing it’s hurt his game a bit, though his numbers are still wow IMO.

:we’re to over reliant on him, which is why if he leaves we might lose a super star but gain a better balance of squad.

:dare to say it, and I don’t think I’m alone in this, big games have passed him by where he should have already lifted silverware.

thats some of my thoughts, but I would be in bits if he left no doubt.

He's a WC striker, but that hasn't been enough for us, somehow other teams win things with lesser strikers, Kane has now been (IIRC) to a PL title chase, a CL final, League Cup final and Euros final, but won none of them.

Maybe, with £160M well spent and a refreshed team of players who actually want to play for us, that next step is there.

The difference of course is £160m gets you 5 berbatovs
And yep the market has changed
The reality is more like you say that £160m well spent can elevate our team, whereas relying in Kane to do everything is detrimental to him and us as a side
£160m spread over say 2 CBS at £40m each, 2 CFs at £40m each and another CM could make us a very, very good side if we get the right men
That £80m on CBS could get us Kounde and Romero and significantly improve Cbs for a long time (as we would part ex Sanchez)
£60m ish would actually get you Danny Ings (1 in 2 for Southampton) and Vlahovic from fiorientina who scored 21 goals last season in Italy
£40m could get you Bissouma from Brighton who is IMO outstanding
The £20m over can go on the Japanese right back whose name I can’t remember or possibly on max Arrons topped upped with the money from selling Toby and Foyth…

Last edited:

true, I was left gutted by Berba, thinking I’d never see the likes of Keane, berbs again, we got much better.

160 million is a lot of money, it will be a shame to see him go ( if he does) but we will be able to stengten the team ( and by doing so actually win something). Said it before i am SURE he is like most players and wants to win things sadly we are not in a posistion to do that and without major investment in the team we may not do so over the next couple of years.

I am sure Kane knows this and may think he needs to move now to achieve it elsewhere.

It hard to watch Sonny and Kane score loads only for the defence to sabotage their great achievements and hard work. Not exactly motivating for players nor high quality entertaining football.

We score less goals without kane and fix our leaky defence and strengthen in others and deepen the bench for a better and more motivated team. Quite sure it will be better football to watch and the fundamentals are there now to improve with time.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

It’s a weird one using Berbatov as a yardstick. He did win something with us, but since we sold him we’ve won nothing. Yet the team did improve, as it did post Bale. That’s opening up the debate of a cup vs league performance and CL qualification being a barometer of success. Also know as the Pochettino’s Spurs, Martinez’s Wigan or Arteta’s Goon paradox.

At the time Berbs and Keane left for CL football and much higher wages at higher profile clubs, Berbs did pick up a couple of leagues as a cog in the United machine and Keane came back with his tail between his leagues after realising 70 minutes on the wing, for what at the time was the closed shop of a Sky 4 side isn’t as rewarding as being given 90 minutes and allowed a bad game for a top 6 one. Never the same player when he returned, even just a few months away there’s something to be said for the talismanic properties of having comfort in your surroundings and trust of your peers.

Even with a golden boot and a hat-trick against Liverpool, I’m not sure United fans revere Berbs anything like the way we do. For me he froze as a player and lost the confidence and arrogance that made him special here. This came to the ultimate fruition when Fergie saw fit to drop him from the CL final bench for a hamstrung Owen. It’s a measure of the man that he rocked up to sign autographs at a match attaks gig at the stadium, playing very much second fiddle to Billy and Jez of the F2.

Le Tissier acknowledges that he could have won trophies for other teams, but also states that he has had a stand named after him and was voted the clubs greatest ever player. There are far fewer footballers who achieve that then pick up a medal in their careers. Is anyone seriously going to say Ben Davies had a better career than Kane for his milk cup gong with Swansea?
I don’t blame Kane if he wants the payrise, the opportunity to join a group that has every competitive advantage to win trophies in spite of as opposed to because of his contribution, or even for just wanting CL football. But if he should decide stay to try and drag the club he’s been a part of since he was ten upwards, that should be something to be applauded and respected.

160m is a monstrous amount of money but in football terms it is cheap, the top scorer in the league and top assists - he’d bring CL to City and widen the gap to the rest for his ability to take a pen alone. Context is all, more assists than De Bruyne and 7 more involvements than Penandes. 1 more than Mane and Salah combined. That’s with his dodgy ankles. You can buy 4 40m players but it’s still only one place on the field to replace.

By all means let’s insulate ourselves against the pain by chucking in the positives of strengthening the squad, but not to the degree that we downplay his contribution which is head and shoulders above anyone else here over the last 20 years. We’ve had a handful of world class performers in that time, I’m pretty sure a fit King would have been offered the opportunity to grace a higher plane and taken it. Berbatov, Modric and Bale left at the first sniff of bigger things, each using some threat of withholding their labour to grease the wheels.

People say you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Truth is you knew you had it, you just never thought you’d lose it.

Last edited:
If Kane stays, I would want firm rules that he is not allowed to play every game, he isnt allowed near free kicks etc

At times his insistence and the manager's insistence on playing him and allowing him to do such IMHO doesnt help Spurs. To be honest, perhaps because I am not English or perhaps players come players go - I wont cry a river if he leaves for a good sum of money unless it is to 'United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool'. City I dislike but to me it is more acceptable. My preference is out of England but I think he would like to break Shearer's record.

It’s a weird one using Berbatov as a yardstick. He did win something with us, but since we sold him we’ve won nothing. Yet the team did improved, as it did post Bale. That’s opening up the debate of a cup vs league performance and CL qualification being a barometer of success. Also know as the Pochettino’s Spurs, Martinez’s Wigan or Arteta’s Goon paradox.

At the time Berbs and Keane left for CL football and much higher wages at higher profile clubs, Berbs did pick up a couple of leagues as a cog in the United machine and Keane came back with his tail between his leagues after realising 70 minutes on the wing, for what at the time was the closed shop of a Sky 4 side isn’t as rewarding as being given 90 minutes and allowed a bad game for a top 6 one. Never the same player when he returned, even just a few months away there’s something to be said for the talismanic properties of having comfort in your surroundings and trust of your peers.

Even with a golden boot and a hat-trick against Liverpool, I’m not sure United fans revere Berns anything like the way we do. For me he froze as a player and lost the confidence and arrogance that made him special here. This came to the ultimate fruition when Fergie saw fit to drop him from the CL final bench for a hamstrung Owen. It’s a measure of the man that he rocked up to sign autographs at a match attaks gig at the stadium, playing very much second fiddle to Billy and Jez of the F2.

Le Tissier acknowledges that he could have won trophies for other teams, but also states that he has had a stand named after him and was voted the clubs greatest ever player. There are far fewer footballers who achieve that then pick up a medal in their careers. Is anyone seriously going to say Ben Davies had a better career than Kane for his milk cup gong with Swansea?
I don’t blame Kane if he wants the payrise, the opportunity to join a group that has every competitive advantage to win trophies in spite of as opposed to because of his contribution, or even for just wanting CL football. But if he should decide stay to try and drag the club he’s been a part of since he was ten upwards, that should be something to be applauded and respected.

160m is a monstrous amount of money but in football terms it is cheap, the top scorer in the league and top assists - he’d bring CL to City and widen the gap to the rest for his ability to take a pen alone. Context is all, more assists than De Bruyne and 7 more involvements than Penandes. 1 more than Mane and Salah combined. That’s with his dodgy ankles. You can buy 4 40m players but it’s still only one place on the field to replace.

By all means let’s insulate ourselves against the pain by chucking in the positives of strengthening the squad, but not to the degree that we downplay his contribution which is head and shoulders above anyone else here over the last 20 years. We’ve had a handful of world class performers in that time, I’m pretty sure a fit King would have been offered the opportunity to grace a higher plane and taken it. Berbatov, Modric and Bale left at the first sniff of bigger things, each using some threat of withholding their labour to grease the wheels.

People say you don’t know what you’ve got until it’s gone. Truth is you knew you had it, you just never thought you’d lose it.

good read that.

Do I really want a world where I don’t see Harry rattle in another goal for Spurs? Hell no.

But it’s best to come to terms with that probability, even though deep down I don’t think he will end up going, we shall have to wait and see, if they offer north of 150mil we have a decision to make.

But I wish we had a Kane focused on us, rather than one that wants to play with ginger Kev up at city.

It’s a weird one using Berbatov as a yardstick. He did win something with us, but since we sold him we’ve won nothing. Yet the team did improve, as it did post Bale. That’s opening up the debate of a cup vs league performance and CL qualification being a barometer of success. Also know as the Pochettino’s Spurs, Martinez’s Wigan or Arteta’s Goon paradox.

Even with a golden boot and a hat-trick against Liverpool, I’m not sure United fans revere Berbs anything like the way we do. For me he froze as a player and lost the confidence and arrogance that made him special here. This came to the ultimate fruition when Fergie saw fit to drop him from the CL final bench for a hamstrung Owen. It’s a measure of the man that he rocked up to sign autographs at a match attaks gig at the stadium, playing very much second fiddle to Billy and Jez of the F2.

City could sign me and still win the league.
Harry, or anyone else for that matter, going to city won't make a difference, and if it was me that would bother me.
I didn't win it, i wasn't the difference maker, it would mean less to me than winning something with a club like us.
Winning at a club where i can prove not only my ability (which harry has in spades) but my mentality would mean more.

No one is downplaying Kane's ability, he's one of the top 3 strikers in the world .. period. That said, he hasn't been able to drag us as a team over the line. And yes he would make City more invincible, but if it's not Kane it may be Haaland.

Kane could get a pay raise if he wanted, I'm pretty sure Levy would approve more money if he committed to us, I think it's a case of his brother advising badly and he's clearly disappointed with the recent failures and the lazy option (go somewhere that almost guarantees success) has become more attractive. He however may end up in the Toby place, he's got 4 years on his contract, the club isn't going to take cheap offers this summer or next, and next summer will have Halaad on market for 75M, perhaps Mbappe for free. Spurs doesn't need to sell Kane for cheaper than normal for two years, and in two years are the biggest clubs going to be still interested?

Re Keane & Berbatov, it was a lot simpler in my opinion, Berbatov and Keane at their best for us were when Berbatov played as the deeper of the pair, and Keane played forward, they could switch but they were noticeably less effective playing the other way around. United and Pool did exactly that, playing Berbatov higher and Keane a little deeper.

No one is downplaying Kane's ability, he's one of the top 3 strikers in the world .. period. That said, he hasn't been able to drag us as a team over the line. And yes he would make City more invincible, but if it's not Kane it may be Haaland.

Kane could get a pay raise if he wanted, I'm pretty sure Levy would approve more money if he committed to us, I think it's a case of his brother advising badly and he's clearly disappointed with the recent failures and the lazy option (go somewhere that almost guarantees success) has become more attractive. He however may end up in the Toby place, he's got 4 years on his contract, the club isn't going to take cheap offers this summer or next, and next summer will have Halaad on market for 75M, perhaps Mbappe for free. Spurs doesn't need to sell Kane for cheaper than normal for two years, and in two years are the biggest clubs going to be still interested?

Re Keane & Berbatov, it was a lot simpler in my opinion, Berbatov and Keane at their best for us were when Berbatov played as the deeper of the pair, and Keane played forward, they could switch but they were noticeably less effective playing the other way around. United and Pool did exactly that, playing Berbatov higher and Keane a little deeper.
Agree with all of this apart from the four years bit - he has three years left on his contract.

I would be happy to let him go, if we got upwards of 160 million for him. The reality is, we have won nothing with him in the side and to be honest, he like, a lot of the others has gone missing when it really counts in the big games.

I hope Nuno's man management skills are better than that!

'Firm rules' - way to make him feel valued!

If to him playing every match and taking free kicks which he sucks at means he is valued, then he should go talk with Ronaldo and Messi. If over how many years at this club, a manager actively managing his playing time and picking other players to be set piece takers gets him upset and feeling all unvalued, then I would be very surprised. He is crap at free kicks.

If Kane stays, I would want firm rules that he is not allowed to play every game, he isnt allowed near free kicks etc

At times his insistence and the manager's insistence on playing him and allowing him to do such IMHO doesnt help Spurs. To be honest, perhaps because I am not English or perhaps players come players go - I wont cry a river if he leaves for a good sum of money unless it is to 'United, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool'. City I dislike but to me it is more acceptable. My preference is out of England but I think he would like to break Shearer's record.

One of the biggest reasons for not wanting to go abroad is that he will struggle to learn another language - talented footballer but he's not the most academic of people. I would hope he would want to break Greaves record too!

One of the biggest reasons for not wanting to go abroad is that he will struggle to learn another language - talented footballer but he's not the most academic of people. I would hope he would want to break Greaves record too!

I think the language is irrelevant, most Europeans speak English

It's more his family and the cultural change

Back