• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

If you've got limitless funds you're not gonna break the transfer record on a 27 year old.
You do realise this isn’t Spurs doing the buying here? The top teams buy the top players at the peak of their powers, they won’t baulk at paying top dollar for easily one of the best players in the world in his position when he’s 27,that’s not even peak age.....

It isn't just about ability though. Age, profile PR etc all come into it.

Kane is nowhere near the peak of his powers, that was 3/4 years ago. There is a reason be plays like he does now, cause his body can't handle playing like he did before. I'm not disputing how good he is, my point it as a buyer there are other options that are just as attractive. Nobody has bid for Kane before, what suddenly makes things different now?

If you can potentially buy Haaland and Kane for the same money, what's the benefit in buy Kane? That he's done it for longer? In that case pick up Aguero on a free, buy Haaland and your sorted. Likewise how long has Mbappe got left on his contract, a year. So you could fudge about with Levy all summer, or take that supposed 90 million, give it to Mbappe as a signing on fee and then get him on a free.

There's more to any potential transfer then simply saying a big club is gonna come, make and bid and that's then end of it. Utd couldn't even get Sancho over the line from a notorious selling club like Dortmund.

Kane is nowhere near the peak of his powers, that was 3/4 years ago. There is a reason be plays like he does now, cause his body can't handle playing like he did before. I'm not disputing how good he is, my point it as a buyer there are other options that are just as attractive. Nobody has bid for Kane before, what suddenly makes things different now?

If you can potentially buy Haaland and Kane for the same money, what's the benefit in buy Kane? That he's done it for longer? In that case pick up Aguero on a free, buy Haaland and your sorted. Likewise how long has Mbappe got left on his contract, a year. So you could fudge about with Levy all summer, or take that supposed 90 million, give it to Mbappe as a signing on fee and then get him on a free.

There's more to any potential transfer then simply saying a big club is gonna come, make and bid and that's then end of it. Utd couldn't even get Sancho over the line from a notorious selling club like Dortmund.
Top goal scorer and assist provider, and he's not at the peak of his powers??? Give over.
He's getting better and not past his peak.

As for profile and PR, he's England captain, a perfect role model, exactly what the owners of Emirates Marketing Project would want.

Maybe you're forgetting there's more than one club with deep enough pockets to come for him this Summer? Let's say Haaland goes to City, that still leaves the possibilty of United and PSG competing for Kane's signature. When money is no object, top clubs want top players at their peak. Therefore much more likely they'll want Kane at 27 than Aguerro at 32.

The way some of you bang on about players' ages as though they're close to picking up their pension! Kane is 27 going on 28 and has 5 very good years in him and if he wants to go and someone stumps up £100m plus he will go and good luck to him. Of course as ever I hope he stays with us, we get an excellent manager/coach from somewhere and we really start competing for the big prizes. Hope springs eternal whatever the fcuk that means?!

Emirates Marketing Project have never paid over 65 million for a player.

Utd couldn't afford Sancho at 90 million.

Neither of them are in the top 5 highest transfers of all time. The two highest transfers are buy PSG for Neymar and Mbappe. Then Athletico then Barca.

Neymar went for a world record when he was what 25 after winning everything.

The two highest transfers are by PSG for Neymar and Mbappe. Then Althetico then Barca

The highest fee for someone Kane's age or older is 75 million for Higuain

Maybe you're forgetting there's more than one club with deep enough pockets to come for him this Summer? Let's say Haaland goes to City, that still leaves the possibilty of United and PSG competing for Kane's signature. When money is no object, top clubs want top players at their peak. Therefore much more likely they'll want Kane at 27 than Aguerro at 32.
Agree with that.
Plus put it this way, if Lewandowski wants a change of scene at the age of 32 and somehow says Spurs are his dream club and comes to us for 3 years I wouldn't be saying, 'he'll be 35 and have no sell-on value', etc. I'd just be excited to have a great forward playing for us. Look how good Cavani has been for Utd. for instance.

Emirates Marketing Project have never paid over 65 million for a player.

Utd couldn't afford Sancho at 90 million.

Neither of them are in the top 5 highest transfers of all time. The two highest transfers are buy PSG for Neymar and Mbappe. Then Athletico then Barca.

Neymar went for a world record when he was what 25 after winning everything.

The two highest transfers are by PSG for Neymar and Mbappe. Then Althetico then Barca

The highest fee for someone Kane's age or older is 75 million for Higuain
Didn't Juve pay £99m for Ronaldo?
Not having a dig, I genuinely thought they did.

Top goal scorer and assist provider, and he's not at the peak of his powers??? Give over.
He's getting better and not past his peak.

As for profile and PR, he's England captain, a perfect role model, exactly what the owners of Emirates Marketing Project would want.

Plus if he gets a move to a top team his spirit will be reinvigorated and he’ll be an even better player.

I suspect he’ll end up gone for about £130m.

£130m and you're probably getting into the territory where it stands to become sensible assuming we were able to reinvest the proceeds well. That sort of money will go a long way this summer. Lets say we sold him and were to spend £60m on a first choice CF, £20m on a back-up and £50m a RW for example, all in the 22-24 age bracket and improving.

Sell Foyth for £10m, Davies for £15m and Dier to Jose for £25m and you have £50m for a top CB. That's a 3rd starting 11 player brought in.

I'm not saying I want us to sell Harry, but when we think about a rebuild and moving the team on, it may not be the end of the world given how much that money could accelerate things

Didn't Juve pay £99m for Ronaldo?
Not having a dig, I genuinely thought they did.

I think it was structured in some crazy way by Juve, so the final actual fee isn't known. I'm sure there's someone more knowledgeable about that here than me though.

I'm not even disputing that he might be sold. I just don't think it's as simple as Sky saying Utd want him, them bidding £2.76 and us bending over. If he's sold, it'll be for big big money and history suggests it's only PSG that'll will be able to or willing to match Levy's (who had no incentive to sell) price. Especially if people believe he's got many more years of being a top top player.

The Glazers will feel they need to appease their fans, and the one player most likely to help achieve that - as well as putting United in with a better chance of competing with City next season - is Harry Kane.

And if Mbappe leaves PSG this summer as is speculated, then the number one player on Poch's shopping list will surely be Harry Kane.

Thankfully though, odds are he stays at least one more season no matter what.

I think it was structured in some crazy way by Juve, so the final actual fee isn't known. I'm sure there's someone more knowledgeable about that here than me though.

I'm not even disputing that he might be sold. I just don't think it's as simple as Sky saying Utd want him, them bidding £2.76 and us bending over. If he's sold, it'll be for big big money and history suggests it's only PSG that'll will be able to or willing to match Levy's (who had no incentive to sell) price. Especially if people believe he's got many more years of being a top top player.
History tells us that when the big clubs properly come in for our players then they get sold.

£130m would be second highest transfer fee ever. Yet Kane isn’t in top 10 paid players in the world. I think it might get messy if Levy puts a ridiculous fee on Kane’s head.

Back