• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Andy Hinchcliffe is the first commentator who has called what we’ve all being saying for years. For some reason, most commentators talk about Kane as if he’s Zico.

Not only does he not score but his free kicks are awful. The one tonight hit the wall half way up. Wasn’t even close to clearing it.

It seems that is where they all go, great player yes but for gods sake take free kicks off him.

I dont know if you guys saw it, but there was an interview that Henry (of the scum) done with him a few years back where he was trying to convince Kane to take over free kick duties... he stitched us up.

Not seen that, so its all Arse"s fault. Can not believe that all the managers Poch, Jose, Mason still let him take them.

Reactions: DTA
Andy Hinchcliffe is the first commentator who has called what we’ve all being saying for years. For some reason, most commentators talk about Kane as if he’s Zico.

Not only does he not score but his free kicks are awful. The one tonight hit the wall half way up. Wasn’t even close to clearing it.

I do wonder what is going through Bale’s head in such moments.

Meanwhile I see that Messi has scored his 50th free-kick for Barca, wish that one of our left footed Argentinians could learn his technique when they’re on international duty!

What I cant get my head round is, we hear he is the ultimate trainer during the week, constantly out on the pitch practising. So I would assume he must spend time taking free kicks, bending them round fake walls and the like.

So all i can imagine is, he nails it all the time in training and just get cant replicate on the pitch, because if he keeps hitting the wall in training, what makes him think he can do it for real.

It's just bizarre he keeps thinking he going to nail on. IIRC the United home game last month is probably the nearest I have seen him come to finally nailing one.

And as has been said. it was pleasing to finally hear a co-commentator tell it how it is with his efforts, rather than building him up as a master of the art.

We all love the guy, he is a master at most things, but Harry, it is time to give up the free-kicks

Before the free kick Hinchcliffe was saying it was dangerous territory for either Kane or Bale to take it!

One refreshing thing from last night was seeing someone else able to step up. We know Son can do it and even Alli too, despite recent poor form, but Bale was World class night. Yes, it was Sheffield United, on course to be the worst Premier League side ever, but the goals were stunning, second especially which he made look so easy but really isn't. Usually when Son steps up its also because of Kane, whereas last night Bale really didn't need his help.

Hopefully Kane can see last night as evidence that it is worth sticking around. That front three and a re-born in form Alli would be absolutely devastating, and could be what we need to push us over the line in our hunt for trophies. Yes, there is still a lot of work to do but, and it is a big but given the actual relegation form at times (Poch's last 24 League games and post December 2020 Arsenal win under Mourinho), if someone can come along and fix it, we're back in serious business. It will of course need the board to heed Kane's call of arms from his interview last week and others to step up.

I have the impression that some individuals within the team have become a bit lazy in the sense that they’ve relied too much on Kane’s brilliance to get the job done.

I interested to see how Harry comes to terms with sharing some of the limelight with others especially if he draws a blank over a few more games.
It may give him time to reflect on transfers.

I interested to see how Harry comes to terms with sharing some of the limelight with others especially if he draws a blank over a few more games.
It may give him time to reflect on transfers.
Not sure limelight is something Kane has ever actively sought? He wasn’t great yesterday but still came deep to try and get things moving and his first instinct was to roll Reggie in when receiving the ball in the last minute in a game we had won but he hasn’t scored in.
I do think being the main man is one of the few things we can offer him but I see him seeking that as someone taking responsibility rather than massaging an ego.

I can take him missing a few free kicks if it keeps him here!

Not sure limelight is something Kane has ever actively sought? He wasn’t great yesterday but still came deep to try and get things moving and his first instinct was to roll Reggie in when receiving the ball in the last minute in a game we had won but he hasn’t scored in.
I do think being the main man is one of the few things we can offer him but I see him seeking that as someone taking responsibility rather than massaging an ego.

I can take him missing a few free kicks if it keeps him here!
His shooting wasn't up to his normal standard but he still played well outside that. The range of passing he showed yesterday was far above anyone else on the pitch.

His shooting wasn't up to his normal standard but he still played well outside that. The range of passing he showed yesterday was far above anyone else on the pitch.
I think that's it. If he'd scored one, or even two of his chances, the headlines would be very different. Such is the life of a striker.

Meanwhile I see that Messi has scored his 50th free-kick for Barca, wish that one of our left footed Argentinians could learn his technique when they’re on international duty!

50 free kick goals in 670 appearances, lets say he gets 2 a game? so a conversation rate of 50/1200 = ~4%? from one of the best .. say a lot about reality vs. people's expectations

But, yes, I'd rather Kane not do freekicks.

Back