• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Contracts don’t mean much nowadays. I’d agree on the money - that could well be a stumbling block. I can see PSG perhaps shelling out though.
Why don’t contracts mean much?
I really don’t get those comments and a few people have said it
I mean he has 3 years left, is isn’t in a string bargaining position with the club.

The main difference I think is that Harry is unlikely to down tools to get a move. Hence the cards are all with the club this time. I don't expect anyone to pay whatever it is Levy will demand.

The main difference I think is that Harry is unlikely to down tools to get a move. Hence the cards are all with the club this time. I don't expect anyone to pay whatever it is Levy will demand.

He's still got three years on his contract too. Even if he did down tools, which I can't see him doing, he can't force a move.

If he did down tools...
And I think that’s not gonna happen
It wouldn’t be for too long
I do believe if he wanted to go the club would say ok, find a club willing to pay world record money as we believe your the best in the world level
That’s where the deal stops dead as the silly deals that have gone on for players have bumped that price higher and higher

It's obviously come from Kane's camp. They are not going to go on the record at this stage of the season. Jack Pitt-Brooke isn't in the habit of writing unsubstantiated rumour and that isn't the Athletic's editorial policy either.
Yep, I think people are being quite naive if they think this is made up. It’s very specific and will likely have been instructed by Kane to his brother to leak it to start preparing fans for his potential desire to move. Or it’s a negotiating tactic with Levy, whether to get an even bigger deal - not really his style or motivation - or to get rid of Mou. Who knows?

But as I say, as someone who’s worked extensively in PR and with the media, this stinks of an off the record leak. To me, at least.

That’s not to say he definitely goes. That’s a separate conversation entirely. But do we really want the camp to become even more toxic than it already is? If he is set on leaving, it could be more damaging to keep him.

Yep, I think people are being quite naive if they think this is made up. It’s very specific and will likely have been instructed by Kane to his brother to leak it to start preparing fans for his potential desire to move. Or it’s a negotiating tactic with Levy, whether to get an even bigger deal - not really his style or motivation - or to get rid of Mou. Who knows?

But as I say, as someone who’s worked extensively in PR and with the media, this stinks of an off the record leak. To me, at least.

That’s not to say he definitely goes. That’s a separate conversation entirely. But do we really want the camp to become even more toxic than it already is? If he is set on leaving, it could be more damaging to keep him.

I agree completely. I think that it is possible that this has been leaked to destabilise Mourinho. Kane cannot come out and say that he has lost faith in him but he can let it be known.

I wouldn't be amazed if Harry forces this a bit. He's a terrific lad and a terrific pro. Best player I've seen in our shirt. He's also been very loyal to us.

He's 27 now and will be 28 in the summer. If he wants to win trophies, top prizes, he has to leave. Levy doesn't give two fudges about Harry's ambition if it isn't in Tottenhams interest. He will hold Harry to his contract unless we get a suitable offer from a club he's willing to sell to. Levy won't take a lowball offer and I'd be amazed if he sold to Chelsea or United particularly. And that's Levys job so I've no issue with him doing that particularly.

That could leave Harry in a very difficult position. His "mistake" was signing the contract. But don't underestimate any player's ability to look after their own interests when it comes to the crunch. And we're coming to the crunch for Harry Kane.

Club shouldn't force him to stay, he has more than done his bit - just bevause we're all stuck here doesn't mean he has to be as well

City's record signing is £64m. It would take more than three times that to even get us to talk. He might like the idea of working with Poch again but PSG is not a great move for an ambitious player.
I expect we’ll sell him for about £120m. The words ‘special relationship’ may be used as Man Utd give us Anthony Elanga on loan (with no option) as part of the deal.

Personally I think Harry will ask to leave irrespective of us qualifying for the CL or not.
He can ask to leave
The club can say yep. Find a buyer for a price we’re happy with
That’s how the big deals happen
This may be where Kane not having a super agent works against him
And of course there are very, very few clubs who can afford him (2 by my reckoning)
So the deal gets even harder

Back