• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Who knows if its true 99% of stuff on /in the media is flimflam but some folks believe everything they hear/read. However i have always thought that IF we fail to win anything he would one day decide to move on to a club who will help him get the medals he deserves. I will not blame him IF that is what he does, we shall see.

Interesting that it's top 4 and CL qualification that is the deal breaker and not the the cup final that we have coming up...

One can hope that the prospect of Kane leaving will be a catalyst for Levy to get rid of Mourinho and back a new manager with the players he wants in the positions we need.

Usual report
Shame is the athletic as they usually pride themselves on quality
Instead it’s an article with no quotes, few facts and a lot of speculation

It's obviously come from Kane's camp. They are not going to go on the record at this stage of the season. Jack Pitt-Brooke isn't in the habit of writing unsubstantiated rumour and that isn't the Athletic's editorial policy either.

It's obviously come from Kane's camp. They are not going to go on the record at this stage of the season. Jack Pitt-Brooke isn't in the habit of writing unsubstantiated rumour and that isn't the Athletic's editorial policy either.
What camp?
His brother is his agent
And it’s jack and the ex mail reporter
I’d it’s substantiated maybe they should use some of that in the article
I do agree that Jack is normally decent. But he is a city fan and he does say that it’s city who want him.

He won't go because no one will pay the £200m it would take for us to consider selling. Mbappe and Haaland will be available for a fraction of that.
Anyone with big money would go for those two first, mainly down to age, and possibly to avoid dealing with Levy. How many clubs have big money?

Anyone with big money would go for those two first, mainly down to age, and possibly to avoid dealing with Levy. How many clubs have big money?

I think that it's very unlikely that he will leave for that reason. I suspect that this could be the final nail for Mourinho though, if Kane doesn't think that he's taking us forward.

City's record signing is £64m. It would take more than three times that to even get us to talk. He might like the idea of working with Poch again but PSG is not a great move for an ambitious player.
I agree
It’s why I don’t see him going anywhere

What camp?
His brother is his agent
And it’s jack and the ex mail reporter
I’d it’s substantiated maybe they should use some of that in the article
I do agree that Jack is normally decent. But he is a city fan and he does say that it’s city who want him.

Journalism doesn't work like that. It's pretty clear that he's received the information off the record, so there is nothing that he can publish to substantiate it. We might find Kane willing to go on the record at the end of the season but I doubt that he will kick up a fuss. Jack Pitt-Brooke isn't going to burn his relationship with Spurs to get Kane to the club he supports, his sources would dry up and access would become harder to get.
City don't need journalists to write articles to tempt players. They would need to put £200m on the table.

Journalism doesn't work like that. It's pretty clear that he's received the information off the record, so there is nothing that he can publish to substantiate it. We might find Kane willing to go on the record at the end of the season but I doubt that he will kick up a fuss. Jack Pitt-Brooke isn't going to burn his relationship with Spurs to get Kane to the club he supports, his sources would dry up and access would become harder to get.
City don't need journalists to write articles to tempt players. They would need to put £200m on the table.
City dont I agree
But journalists need articles
You can put 2 and 2 together and come up with 5 as a journalist and have no come backs
Don’t forget it was the athletic that said he was going one day and 3 days later the same guy said the opposite...
I listen to their pod and have for some time. They never mention sources and never actually imply they have any.

He will stay if Levy decides he stays, if he goes it's for what the club want as he has 3 years left on his contract

Contracts don’t mean much nowadays. I’d agree on the money - that could well be a stumbling block. I can see PSG perhaps shelling out though.

Back