• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I believe he will stay because no one he would go too wants him or can afford him (delete as appropriate)..
And this summer there is bigger fish for clubs to go for.
I also think the club is in a very different position now to what it was when those players departed even if COVID has hammered us £££ wise

But I also do believe that plenty of Spurs fans embrace negativity and almost encourage it
I know fans (if that’s the right word) who non-figuratively don’t comment until it’s gone wrong .. they wait for the and stuff and then come alive
It’s a weird state of affairs
You see it on here plenty of times
I clash with @billyiddo, @AdamB and @Finney Is Back sometimes but they are here good and bad with their views. That I can get behind. And it’s not a dig at you or lego either. It’s just a Spurs fan thing I see a lot, and I know quote a few lads just like that.

Remember when Rooney and Gerard wanted to leave their BIG clubs but didn’t in the end (despite having trophies and medals). The mega players like those and Kane are rare and also very hard to buy and sell. They come with premiums and expectations that can’t always be met

I’ve become quite detached in a sense where I don’t really have a favourite player like I did when I was younger, I really like Son and Kane but I don’t idolise players anymore. I’ve seen plenty of players come and go. It happens. We move on and typically we recover. Not saying Kane is 100% leaving but I just don’t believe if he is as driven or ambitious as we would like to believe that he would be happy with what has happened at the club since the CL final. We’re kidding ourselves if we think he wouldn’t stand a better chance of winning things at Chelsea, United, Liverpool, City or the big Spanish clubs or Bayern. He might want to stay because he loves the club which would be fantastic. I haven’t accepted he’s going, I’d say it’s 50/50 right now. If we win the league cup AND finish 4th then I could see him staying. If we finish 5th-7th then I think we could have a problem.

No offence taken btw. I am a cynical fudger. I think it’s just the nature of supporting Spurs. Could be much worse, we could support a non-league team or a yo-yo club that never challenges. But I can’t think of another club like us that gets close so often and falls short or shoots themselves in the foot like we do. Sometimes it genuinely is because we overachieve relative to spend and wages. Other times I honestly feel we don’t turn up when it matters.

I’ve become quite detached in a sense where I don’t really have a favourite player like I did when I was younger, I really like Son and Kane but I don’t idolise players anymore. I’ve seen plenty of players come and go. It happens. We move on and typically we recover. Not saying Kane is 400% leaving but I just don’t believe if he is as driven or ambitious as we would like to believe that he would be happy with what has happened at the club since the CL final. We’re kidding ourselves if we think he wouldn’t stand a better chance of winning things at Chelsea, United, Liverpool, City or the big Spanish clubs or Bayern. He might want to stay because he loves the club which would be fantastic. I haven’t accepted he’s going, I’d say it’s 50/50 right now. If we win the league cup AND finish 4th then I could see him staying. If we finish 5th-7th then I think we could have a problem.

No offence taken btw. I am a cynical fudger. I think it’s just the nature of supporting Spurs. Could be much worse, we could support a non-league team or a yo-yo club that never challenges. But I can’t think of another club like us that gets close so often and falls short or shoots themselves in the foot like we do. Sometimes it genuinely is because we overachieve relative to spend and wages. Other times I honestly feel we don’t turn up when it matters.
I just don’t think any team is guaranteed things over here anymore other than city and I believe he would go there, but they want Haaland
PSG just seems a step down due to the league but they could afford him
Bayern wouldn’t spend the money
Italy and Spain are now actually competitive leagues with broke teams
For Kane the timing couldn’t be worse
And I’ll add IMO over here I don’t see United winning anything soon under ole. Chelsea... who knows, but they look better for sure but still are only just above us
Pool again are a bit of wait and see scenario
Hence why city who will something every season now with their oil money is the club he would want but the want Haaland for the next 10 years

I did wince when he slid in against two Albanian defenders to try and get a third goal today.

the speculation is frustrating, but it’s not a massive surprise with us looking at a second consecutive season without CL and Kane continuing to deliver the numbers very few in world football can match. Grealish at Villa will get the same style of reporting over the summer too.

I don’t trust us to spend the money wisely so I hope we pull off all the stops to make him stay. In the modern game to have a player like him come through the ranks, become a genuine world class talent and remain loyal is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

We’ve rebuilt after selling big names before, but they all left as soon as a bigger opportunity came their way. I’d offer him a % of the club to stay!

I wouldn’t consider City a guarantee either, they’ll win the title this year but that will be their first trophy in years.

I just don’t think any team is guaranteed things over here anymore other than city and I believe he would go there, but they want Haaland
PSG just seems a step down due to the league but they could afford him
Bayern wouldn’t spend the money
Italy and Spain are now actually competitive leagues with broke teams
For Kane the timing couldn’t be worse
And I’ll add IMO over here I don’t see United winning anything soon under ole. Chelsea... who knows, but they look better for sure but still are only just above us
Pool again are a bit of wait and see scenario
Hence why city who will something every season now with their oil money is the club he would want but the want Haaland for the next 10 years

No club is guaranteed to win things, but he’s got a greater chance of winning things elsewhere. That’s just how it is. Other clubs have bad years and still win things. We’ve had some of our best league finishes since the 80s and don’t have a single trophy to show for it.

I'm probably too sentimental on this and not ruthless enough but to me it would be madness to let Kane leave this summer, regardless of who comes up with whatever amount of money. I know we need to fund a re-build over the next few seasons, and that re-build might eventually have to continue without Kane, but how often are we going to have someone of his world-class calibre in our ranks? We need to be doing everything we can to persuade him to stay but if he does start to agitate for a move then next summer, as he gets into the final two years of his current contract, would be the time to consider letting him go (and I'd still be loathe to do that, but letting him run down his contract is not going to happen) not this year.

The hardest position to replace is a striker. We can get close to world-class in other positions for reasonable money, but for a striker, it's going to be out of our range.
Unless Kane makes it clear that he wants to leave we shouldn't be letting him go. If he does want to go we can't begrudge him a move, but need to get top money in return.

I can understand how some people want to win trophies but surely a professional plays for money and would want the most they can get. He's in a position where he can pick and chose as he's financially secure and his family are young enough where schooling isn't an issue. If he wants to be sure of silverware then only 6 or 7 clubs fit that profile, possibly 3 in England can afford him (City, United and Chelsea), does he want to win things that matter in his home land? Who really counts who's won what abroad apart from the stat nerds, most seem to deride PSG, Bayern and the Spanish giants for winning their leagues, might as well join Rangers or Celtic.

The whole thing is down to him and the club, if winning things is the issue we cant meet his dreams, money shouldnt be a problem. I just wish the media would leave it alone, as other have said we have had this for the last 4 or so years. Given that most fans of other clubs will tell you he ain't that good and pundits who continually are trying to sell him tell us what he's not doing, why would anyone want to buy him? Goals, goals and more goals.

I can understand how some people want to win trophies but surely a professional plays for money and would want the most they can get. He's in a position where he can pick and chose as he's financially secure and his family are young enough where schooling isn't an issue. If he wants to be sure of silverware then only 6 or 7 clubs fit that profile, possibly 3 in England can afford him (City, United and Chelsea), does he want to win things that matter in his home land? Who really counts who's won what abroad apart from the stat nerds, most seem to deride PSG, Bayern and the Spanish giants for winning their leagues, might as well join Rangers or Celtic.

The whole thing is down to him and the club, if winning things is the issue we cant meet his dreams, money shouldnt be a problem. I just wish the media would leave it alone, as other have said we have had this for the last 4 or so years. Given that most fans of other clubs will tell you he ain't that good and pundits who continually are trying to sell him tell us what he's not doing, why would anyone want to buy him? Goals, goals and more goals.

Because eventually they'll be able to say "Tottenham fans, we told you this would happen", even if they've been wrong for years and years, but that won't matter.

Kane is an ambitious guy, and money is important but he would easily earn more if he went to one of the big boys whilst actually winning things too. He is one of the best forwards in the world, look at the achievements of other top forwards Lewandowski,Suarez,Benzema etc and Kane in comparison, it’s actually quite embarrassing that someone so good has won naff all and Kane himself will know this. Read what Defoe said yesterday about winning things if you don’t think it’s that important to players. Kane is my favourite ever Spurs player along with Bale, so I don’t want him sold at all but he’s definitely approaching a cross roads in his career and he deserves to achieve much more than just maybe breaking Greaves record so if someone comes up with stupid money I wouldn’t begrudge him for leaving or the club for selling....

Kane is an ambitious guy, and money is important but he would easily earn more if he went to one of the big boys whilst actually winning things too. He is one of the best forwards in the world, look at the achievements of other top forwards Lewandowski,Suarez,Benzema etc and Kane in comparison, it’s actually quite embarrassing that someone so good has won naff all and Kane himself will know this. Read what Defoe said yesterday about winning things if you don’t think it’s that important to players. Kane is my favourite ever Spurs player along with Bale, so I don’t want him sold at all but he’s definitely approaching a cross roads in his career and he deserves to achieve much more than just maybe breaking Greaves record so if someone comes up with stupid money I wouldn’t begrudge him for leaving or the club for selling....

he certainly could earn more but with his sponsor money and wages he is meant to be on around £400k a week here (half salary, half endorsements).
Where does he go to win those medals?
In England it city, in France its PSG and both could afford him
Spain now?
Italy now?
I’ll say what I’ve said already United are not a sure fire bet to win anything. Chelsea are more likely but that isn’t gonna happen, and neither is pool
Add in that plenty of fans of other clubs think he ain’t all that and you have a weird mix of his value being very very high which ok it’s who can afford him, vs who he would see as progress for him

Last lifted the league title in 2019, which is years (more than one) ago.

Still no CL’s.

Which part of the statement isn’t technically correct?
No one likes to raise the issue of Guardiola’s lack of CL without Messi or cite the financial doping as the main reason for the City’s success, but I wasn’t sure you seriously think that City don’t guarantee trophies.

No one likes to raise the issue of Guardiola’s lack of CL without Messi or cite the financial doping as the main reason for the City’s success, but I wasn’t sure you seriously think that City don’t guarantee trophies.

I don't think you can guarantee that they will win the league or the CL over the next couple of years any more than you can say the same for PSG, Barca or Real.

Is it very likely, yes, is it definite, no.

Pep might be close to the end of his cycle there too, he does have a habit of just walking away.

Back