• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane shouldn't have even played in the CL final. Clearly unfit and not play time leading up to it. An example of a manager buying too much into the hype of their players but also the lack of a viable alternative striker.

Kane would not have been the first star player to miss a CL final but u like many other squads that's have made it that far we had no decent backup striker.

I do agree with that generally.

But I’d always go with the fit player, I’d have started Llorente, it’s not like he hadn’t played a part in getting there, I’d also argue that he was a far better forward than Origi, who ultimately nailed the coffin shut.

Also, when I say “stepping up” it doesn’t necessarily mean on the pitch, had Kane said to Poch in the week “I’m not ready, leave me out, take a fitter player”, I’d count that as doing the right thing for the team.

I do agree with that generally.

But I’d always go with the fit player, I’d have started Llorente, it’s not like he hadn’t played a part in getting there, I’d also argue that he was a far better forward than Origi, who ultimately nailed the coffin shut.

Also, when I say “stepping up” it doesn’t necessarily mean on the pitch, had Kane said to Poch in the week “I’m not ready, leave me out, take a fitter player”, I’d count that as doing the right thing for the team.

I agree I would have gone for Llorente or Moura despite not really rating either. Kane wasn't fit and shouldn't have started.

I agree with you re Kane letting Poch know he wasn't ready but ultimately it's on the manager to make those tough decisions.

Last edited:
No one is perfect but we are not winning cups in spite of Kane, not because of him. He already drags this team up to another level, it’s just a low starting point in the first place.
He’d just need a one year loan at city to overtake Shearer’s medal haul and i’m dreading the day he leaves.
The downside to his presence is it does feel that he gets to take free kicks and it’s difficult to rotate him, but two consecutive managers seem to prefer Son to any backup we’ve bought and minutes on the pitch is probably the only thing we can offer more of than any other club who’d treble his wages and as good as guarantee winners medals tomorrow.

Just like Poch was? Come on we know there is not such thing as a certainty and until we sort out some of the deadwood that helped get Poch sacked we will find it hard.

Not being cheeky but you were one of the big advocates of Jose and Hart and if I remember correctly bale coming because they were winners and could get us over the line.
What's changed your mind?

Not a dig out, just curious.

If Harry is serious about his NFL gig then he won't want to linger in the PL to get run into the ground and his ankles kicked every week.
I predict PSG, a manager he knows and respects, a slower league with guaranteed trophies, he could make the difference for them to finally win the CL.
Also its a fairly easy commute when they need some time back here.
They can afford him, they might to sell one of their forwards but they will not be short of takers, we aren't selling to a direct rival and pots of money to reinvest.

If Harry is serious about his NFL gig then he won't want to linger in the PL to get run into the ground and his ankles kicked every week.
I predict PSG, a manager he knows and respects, a slower league with guaranteed trophies, he could make the difference for them to finally win the CL.
Also its a fairly easy commute when they need some time back here.
They can afford him, they might to sell one of their forwards but they will not be short of takers, we aren't selling to a direct rival and pots of money to reinvest.

who would Poch drop for Kane, Neymar or Mbappe?!

Not being cheeky but you were one of the big advocates of Jose and Hart and if I remember correctly bale coming because they were winners and could get us over the line.
What's changed your mind?

Not a dig out, just curious.

Jose is a winner and you only have to see his trophy haul to see that, and i still believe he will get us over the line and get us a trophy.

I never though Hart was going to play that much for us but i could see him having a influence in the dressing room and every winning dressing room needs at least a couple of winners with the winning mentality, and we seem to have lacked that under Poch, I know many dismiss the idea that a winning mentality is needed in a dressing room but they are wrong imo.

Bale i was always against going in for him over the last few years when some fans were making comments about bringing him back. The reason i thought that way was all the injury problems he was having, the lack of games he was getting ( down to those injurys and what could be a lack of ambition after winning everything). However like a lot of fans i got caught up in hype of him coming back, mores the pity because ( so far) its been a complete waste of time and money.

Jose is a winner and you only have to see his trophy haul to see that, and i still believe he will get us over the line and get us a trophy.

I never though Hart was going to play that much for us but i could see him having a influence in the dressing room and every winning dressing room needs at least a couple of winners with the winning meteorology, and we seem to have lacked that under Poch, I know many dismiss the idea that a winning meteorology is needed in a dressing room but they are wrong imo.

Bale i was always against going in for him over the last few years when I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you were making comments about bringing him back. The reason i thought that way was all the injury problems he was having, the lack of games he was getting ( down to those injurys and what could be a lack of ambition after winning everything). However like a lot of fans i got caught up in hype of him coming back, mores the pity because ( so far) its been a complete waste of time and money.

Thanks, I to think the winners thing is important and it was the major upside to Jose. Was never convinced that he could change us though, not a slight on him, more on us. Its ingrained in the whole club imho.
Winning one cup won't change us unfortunately.

Hart and bale won trophies because of the the clubs they way at, the clubs didn't win them because Hart and bale were there.
Subtle difference.

Thanks, I to think the winners thing is important and it was the major upside to Jose. Was never convinced that he could change us though, not a slight on him, more on us. Its ingrained in the whole club imho.

Hart and bale won trophies because of the the clubs they way at, the clubs didn't win them because Hart and bale were there.
Subtle difference

I accept that but they helped win those trophys, and players get used to winning and build on it. You could say the opposite when players are getting beat all the time one of the first things they struggle with is confidence, not only in themselves but each other.

Subtle difference.

Don't agree on the last paragraph. They both contributed. Bale helped Real finally win their 10th CL. Hart played a key role as GK. They both are a pale shadow of the players they used to be and to hint that they were mere passengers at their respective clubs is something I don't agree with.

I accept that but they helped win those trophys, and players get used to winning and build on it. You could say the opposite when players are getting beat all the time one of the first things they struggle with is confidence, not only in themselves but each other.

Yes and the only player we have with all the key ingredients is kane.
He has the talent, the hunger and win at all cost attitude.
The rest are settlers imv.

Yes and the only player we have with all the key ingredients is kane.
He has the talent, the hunger and win at all cost attitude.
The rest are settlers imv.

I would put Hoijberg in the same position as his attitude on the pitch is that of a winner, you can see on his face how angry he gets if he makes a mistake and that is a good sign.

I would put Hoijberg in the same position as his attitude on the pitch is that of a winner, you can see on his face how angry he gets if he makes a mistake and that is a good sign.

I think we have a couple of winners, but they are not top level players.
Peh
Lamela
Dier
All hate losing and give everything they have, but to varying levels they don't have enough.

I think we have a couple of winners, but they are not top level players.
Peh
Lamela
Dier
All hate losing and give everything they have, but to varying levels they don't have enough.

Fair comment, i have always thought Dier is best in CM and has the right attitude to be a winner.

Back