• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Good to see Kane's defensive work getting wider recognition. It's remarkable the number of times it's HIS strong header that clears the danger from a corner. It seems he has the same sixth sense of knowing where the cross is going to end up regardless of which box he's in.

Is there no end to this man's talents?

Hmmm, so this is what a tap-in merchant’s stats look like...

There's a current blind narrative going round in Tottenham fan circles that fan of other clubs don't give him enough recognition.
Harry Kane is first and foremost taken for granted by Spurs fans.
He has one 1 Spurs player of the season award. One!
And was for his breakthrough 14/15 season.

The guy scored 41 Tottenham goals in 17/18 and we gave it to Vertonghen.
Absolutely taken for granted.

He should have won it each and every season since 14/15.

There's a current blind narrative going round in Tottenham fan circles that fan of other clubs don't give him enough recognition.

Can I politely disagree with everything that isn’t factual in your post please?

“Harry Kane is first and foremost taken for granted by Spurs fans.”

Like what do you actually mean and what are you basing it on?! (Marvel at how respectfully I phrased this question!!)

If you do find the time to answer please take your time and be clear nice one thanks bye

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Can I politely disagree with everything that isn’t factual in your post please?

“Harry Kane is first and foremost taken for granted by Spurs fans.”

Like what do you actually mean and what are you basing it on?! (Marvel at how respectfully I phrased this question!!)

If you do find the time to answer please take your time and be clear nice one thanks bye

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Taken for granted might be putting it too strongly, without a qualifier that it's from some fans or some of the time.

I do think he gets underrated and even taken for granted at times. Him not getting player of the season awards for a long time is an example of that imo.

Taken for granted might be putting it too strongly, without a qualifier that it's from I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you or some of the time.

I do think he gets underrated and even taken for granted at times. Him not getting player of the season awards for a long time is an example of that imo.

There were also a fair few posts on here and other Spurs message boards when things weren't going well questioning whether we should sell him and reinvest the money. "He's not young anymore and gets injured quite a bit. Look what Liverpool did with the Coutinho money" was a familiar argument. It was a crazy idea. Harry Kane has produced for us for 5-6 years now without any major dips. If I give you a billion quid, you wouldn't find another player who would guarantee you the return Harry's given us.

There were also quite a few Spurs fans buying into the narrative that we were better without Kane. That reached it's high point in Poch's last season in the run up to the infamous Burnley game where Son had a good run and we won a lot of games. Stats were wheeled out and misused. Yeah we'd won more points without Kane over a number of games compared to the same number with him but it was a reasonably small sample size and took no account of the opposition we played.

He's a very special player and a great pro. He also seems a really good guy...I'm waiting for his Tiger Woods' moment sometimes. We're blessed to have him and I do think some Spurs fans underappreciate him.

Wow. Over to Trump to graciously concede now and Harvey Weinstein to do some charity work for the #metoo movement.

Fair play to Merson. He does talk a lot of brick sometimes and is biased against us but, in fairness, he seems like a decent sort of fella. The type you'd like to have a pint with if it wasn't for his demons.

Heard a podcast he did actually with a really funny story about Gazza. When they were at Middlesbrough together, he said they were bored stiff all week because there was nothing to do after training. He said him, his brother and Gazza would go back to one of their houses and drink red wine for the day. But they made a game of it. They would each throw a few hundred on the table and every hour, on the hour they each had to pop a sleeping tablet on top of the red wine. The last person awake would get to take all the money on the table.

Nutters. This was while they were Premier League footballers.

It’s a good point. It’s like we don’t vote him player of the year because it’s obvious he’s the best! I think he knows that we do appreciate him when we are in the ground but we have been spoiled. He’s already d
There were also a fair few posts on here and other Spurs message boards when things weren't going well questioning whether we should sell him and reinvest the money. "He's not young anymore and gets injured quite a bit. Look what Liverpool did with the Coutinho money" was a familiar argument. It was a crazy idea. Harry Kane has produced for us for 5-6 years now without any major dips. If I give you a billion quid, you wouldn't find another player who would guarantee you the return Harry's given us.

There were also quite a few Spurs fans buying into the narrative that we were better without Kane. That reached it's high point in Poch's last season in the run up to the infamous Burnley game where Son had a good run and we won a lot of games. Stats were wheeled out and misused. Yeah we'd won more points without Kane over a number of games compared to the same number with him but it was a reasonably small sample size and took no account of the opposition we played.

He's a very special player and a great pro. He also seems a really good guy...I'm waiting for his Tiger Woods' moment sometimes. We're blessed to have him and I do think some Spurs fans underappreciate him.
i agree, It’s all about opinions of course but when it comes to Kane he’s the one player that I don’t see as having a market value - what he delivers for us is priceless. Not only does he score important goals he plays and cares like a fan. He could treble his wages tomorrow if he wanted and pretty much guarantee a trophy every season. He takes responsibility on the pitch, is exemplary off it and I’m really proud of how he represents the club. At every turn he has been written off or suspected to have peaked (I include myself in the peaked part most seasons!) he has found another level.

The issue is that he is so good, so talismanic that I think the poty votes have gone to someone else as it is so obvious how important he is. The thing is its not even like he’s arrogant about it, it’s almost like we want to give the second best player some attention!

It’s sentiment I don’t usually apply often to footballers given the nature of the game nowadays but if there was ever a situation where he needed us more than we needed him I hope we deliver in return. The modern era has had plenty of great players in our team, some who are still viewed as legends, yet almost very one of them jumped the minute they got a better offer.
I’d find it very difficult to find a non Spurs fan who rates him higher than me! Is that all they have else to dig us out for nowadays, you have a player so good we’d appreciate him more?! It’s human nature to under appreciate what you have on tap but there are still plenty of times you can reflect on how fortunate you are.

Fair play to Merson. He does talk a lot of brick sometimes and is biased against us but, in fairness, he seems like a decent sort of fella. The type you'd like to have a pint with if it wasn't for his demons.

Heard a podcast he did actually with a really funny story about Gazza. When they were at Middlesbrough together, he said they were bored stiff all week because there was nothing to do after training. He said him, his brother and Gazza would go back to one of their houses and drink red wine for the day. But they made a game of it. They would each throw a few hundred on the table and every hour, on the hour they each had to pop a sleeping tablet on top of the red wine. The last person awake would get to take all the money on the table.

Nutters. This was while they were Premier League footballers.
I don’t mind Merson. He’s not the sharpest tool in the box but I don’t see any malice in what he does. I’ve even warmed to Ian Wright recently too, maybe this is what happens when you don’t continually get Gooners lording up their success relevant to ours for 20 years. In fact I don’t appear to have anywhere near the same level of contact from Arsenal fans since we started finishing above them, strange that isn’t it!!

I don’t mind Merson. He’s not the sharpest tool in the box but I don’t see any malice in what he does. I’ve even warmed to Ian Wright recently too, maybe this is what happens when you don’t continually get Gooners lording up their success relevant to ours for 20 years. In fact I don’t appear to have anywhere near the same level of contact from Arsenal fans since we started finishing above them, strange that isn’t it!!
Ian wright has always been Sound about us TBF
Merson came across really well on the redknapp thing

It is. Especially as to them we are ‘forever in their shadow’. Idiots.

Kane is not perfect. Let's not whitewash this. Incidents like claiming the Eriksen goal, the perception that he is started even when badly off form, times when he obviously needed a rest etc have contributed to this. Yes he is a top striker and I appreciate his contributions but there have been times when I would to bench him for both the good of Spurs and him.

Kane is not perfect. Let's not whitewash this. Incidents like claiming the Eriksen goal, the perception that he is started even when badly off form, times when he obviously needed a rest etc have contributed to this. Yes he is a top striker and I appreciate his contributions but there have been times when I would to bench him for both the good of Spurs and him.
Just glad you're not his manager. That is all.

Ahhh simplifying an agreement you disagree with in to a sentence and then calling it a "crazy idea", yep...

And the billion quid thing....Really? Like, come on.

But yes on the bolded bit for sure :)

I agree with your general point, he was right to claim that goal though, the last touch was his.

We need to do a better job of resting him and he should knock the charity stuff on the head, he’ll still smash all of the records, he’s a different level to anyone else we (or the PL) have had.

Back