• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I don’t think he will beat Shearers record if i am honest. I think he will get close but not enough to beat it which is a shame.

Like the way the great Cliff Jones sneaked his own record in there. Then again he was not even an out-and-out striker, so it's amazing he gets so high up the list. Spent most of his career with us out wide, but in well over 60 years watching top flight football I've never witnessed a more spectacular exponent of the flying header. He must have scored quite a few of them that way.

Like the way the great Cliff Jones sneaked his own record in there. Then again he was not even an out-and-out striker, so it's amazing he gets so high up the list. Spent most of his career with us out wide, but in well over 60 years watching top flight football I've never witnessed a more spectacular exponent of the flying header. He must have scored quite a few of them that way.
People who watched him okay loved him
Really nice guy as well

I don’t think he will beat Shearers record if i am honest. I think he will get close but not enough to beat it which is a shame.
It is a phenomenal record especially for the modern day and would have been 20 or so more if you consider it to be a top division record. I hate the prem specific records, Greaves gets nowhere near the attention his records deserve. I think it was mentioned in recently that Ronaldo recently eclipsed his all time top division goals, which shows the magnitude of his ability versus the rest.

re Kane do you think that will be due to him not staying in the Prem or not having the longevity of Shearer? It may be a case that he needs to knock England in the head in his early 30s if this is a top target for him.

It is a phenomenal record especially for the modern day and would have been 20 or so more if you consider it to be a top division record. I hate the prem specific records, Greaves gets nowhere near the attention his records deserve. I think it was mentioned in recently that Ronaldo recently eclipsed his all time top division goals, which shows the magnitude of his ability versus the rest.

re Kane do you think that will be due to him not staying in the Prem or not having the longevity of Shearer? It may be a case that he needs to knock England in the head in his early 30s if this is a top target for him.

I just think the time out injured will catch up with him when it comes to his final goals tally in the premiership. I don’t think he will go abroad but i feel what with VAR and goals being disallowed left right and centre, Shearer had the advantage with that.

Has always been one of my all-time faves. Deserves greater recognition in my book, he was right up there with George Best. Just not the media darling for being a naughty boy.

Great players as you say and i do not think i have seen a player with more pace then he had. And when you take into consideration that he used that pace on pitches which on many occasions were no better then ploughed fields. And as others have said he was a very nice man who spent a lot of time talking to fans.

I just think the time out injured will catch up with him when it comes to his final goals tally in the premiership. I don’t think he will go abroad but i feel what with VAR and goals being disallowed left right and centre, Shearer had the advantage with that.

More penalties given these days.

Also agree with the sentiment that he needs to knock England on the head though.

Back