1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Kane MBE

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 29 Jan 2013.

1. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Paul Robinson

I would have thought it is the club who choose which interviews a player gives, not the player?

Edit : of course there are exceptions, eg. Danny Rose, but I don't see Kane going rogue with interviews.

2. parklane1

parklane1 Terry Dyson

tickle my balls with a feather.

3. DaveT316

DaveT316 Gus Poyet

So I’ve read the article by the offending (offended?) journalist - it seems like it was a PR interview to promote Coca-Cola’s Premier League sponsorship. I’m guessing Harry’s people had been warned off / were wary of allowing stuff that could be linked to or politicise the Coke brand i.e. it’s not just Kane sitting down for a chat, there’s a specific agenda for the interview.

You can argue whether that’s right or not - and a bit odd given Coke’s track record of being pretty vocal on societal issues - but you can understand why and how the kibosh was put on the question i.e. it’s not Kane’s fault!

4. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Mitchell Thomas

1823D600-5711-40FF-ABDA-F8A17763EBB3.jpeg

Maybe to celebrate his 200th goal for Spurs we could incorporate a goal/goat tally on his page where the votes normally go? He must be on around 250 if you include all career goals for clubs and country. Crazy.

5. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mitchell Thomas

She's a cringe-inducing witless moron, put on there to fill out ethnic and gender numbers. A thick-tailed, thick-brained dingbat who gleefully sucks off the biggest clubs and pretends to know summink about cricket. I'm all for women in all aspects of sport and sports media. She disgraces the cause.

As for Ogden, he's grieving that Manure can't pull in any players they like, when they feel like it. As all the lazy, cliche-spouting media have discovered - and he's the mayor of Lazy Mediatown - you just can't say 'Oh, buy him from Tottenham' anymore. And it hurts. Hurts because now he and his fellow cretins actually have to think before they blurt out what was once routine claptrap.

So now the standard tactic is to only give clubs like Spurs - fcuk me, only Spurs - nothing but negative coverage and downtalk any chances they have of doing something noteworthy. This guy must have barfed his guts out when Spurs made the CL final.

6. ledley's knee injections

ledley's knee injections Noé Pamarot

Yes that Ogden dude is a Manc-loving gutter journo. An absolute piece of brick.

The video is unprofessional, rude and shows a complete and utter lack of class - can't say i'm surprised given the 'quality' of the show they both frequently appear on.

They should both be fired for this at a minimum.

7. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Les Ferdinand

Does she call Kane a mofo?

8. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Nick Barmby

Yep, she called Kane a mofo. Doesn't Ogden get a fair bit of access with the club?

Pair of clowns. I notice her Twitter apology disabled comments. She's still getting absolutely slated and so is he. Some of it is unpleasant and no better than what the pair of them said but that's the world we live in. To be fair, we've all said similar about opposition players (John Terry, rSol etc.) so some of the fan outrage is a bit hypocritical but they are supposed to be journalists so it's pretty unforgivable to have been caught out so publicly.

Very hurtful for Kane who, from what I know, has never had a bad word to say about anyone and seems a model pro and genuine good guy. Wasn't there some little brick at Liverpool who had a similar pop at him?

Gazza Dazzla and thfcsteff like this.
  9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Micky Hazard

Yeah the lad they signed from Fulham

10. FatBloke

FatBloke Neil Ruddock

Sure, Kane's never going to be a slick and sexy poster boy. No-one's going to call their movie "Score it like Kane". He's a footballer, and a damn good one, rather than a model or media darling or whatever.

One of my favourite things about him is that he lets his boots do the talking. Boring? Goal! One-season wonder? Goal! Monotone open-mawed dribbler? Goal!

Long may it continue.

NickTB and Spur of the moment like this.
  11. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Paul Walsh

She called Kane a mofo? Very very odd (let alone downright rude)..is she a Manc fan as well?

I'd actually like them to say on air so they can be target of more and more ridicule (NOTE: Not abuse, ridicule...)
    Not like either of them are that good when it comes to analysis and the more they stay the more they can ridiculed for being the know-nothings they are imo

12. yiddo37

yiddo37 Goran Bunjevcevic

Pair of clams, fudge them

13. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Les Howe

Their posted 'apologies' where pathetic. Generic drivel with no context. Says he has "the utmost respect for Kane"

I don't know... I rarely mock and talk disrespectfully about people I have the utmost respect for.
    Or maybe I'm just old fashioned.

K.D.D.D.D.Soc, Robbo, Caitano and 3 others like this.
  14. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Andy Thompson

15. elyid

elyid Jonathan Woodgate

How have those 2 not been sacked? Says a lot about the "ethics" of ESPNFC, most other networks and they'd be gone immediately.

16. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Nick Barmby

Lads, it's ESPN.

17. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Nick Barmby

Bonkers.

Raziel, SteveAWOL and Robbo like this.
  18. MKSpur

MKSpur Johnny Morrison

13 game wonder

90291Spur, Robbo and nayenezgani like this.
  19. Caitano

Caitano Louis Saha

20. Grays_1890

Grays_1890 Pedro Mendes

Sage are saying Kane could get another 500 goals this season, best case