• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

This ridiculous Nations League was supposedly created with the aim of turning meaningless friendlies into more competitive and watchable events. Actually all they do is mean that top players have even more games to play each season given that, whlst they might have sat out a friendly or only played 45 mins, international managers want to put their best team out given that they're judged on comeptitive fixtures, tournaments etc

As a sport, cricket has suffered badly from increasingly year round fixtures and multiple formats being created, so now more and more games are dumbed down and less important simply because they'll be another game/series in a weeks' time. Additionally, players are having to sit out some series or formats in order to manage their workload.

Football is in danger of getting that way. We'll either see players burning out by 30 or having to say quit international football at a similar age in order to prolong their careers

This ridiculous Nations League was supposedly created with the aim of turning meaningless friendlies into more competitive and watchable events. Actually all they do is mean that top players have even more games to play each season given that, whlst they might have sat out a friendly or only played 45 mins, international managers want to put their best team out given that they're judged on comeptitive fixtures, tournaments etc

As a sport, cricket has suffered badly from increasingly year round fixtures and multiple formats being created, so now more and more games are dumbed down and less important simply because they'll be another game/series in a weeks' time. Additionally, players are having to sit out some series or formats in order to manage their workload.

Football is in danger of getting that way. We'll either see players burning out by 30 or having to say quit international football at a similar age in order to prolong their careers

How players are treated by football authorities is a disgrace. They just keep piling fixtures on to make money and screw the players.

"Sure they are well paid so just shut up and get on with it". I don't blame any player for taking what he can get because those running football care very little about players beyond how much money they can generate.

How players are treated by football authorities is a disgrace. They just keep piling fixtures on to make money and screw the players.

"Sure they are well paid so just shut up and get on with it". I don't blame any player for taking what he can get because those running football care very little about players beyond how much money they can generate.

There is nothing stopping the players saying no if they are called up.

Lamela must have been saying no to Argentina for ages.

Say no to playing in the Nations League and you're not getting picked for the Euros or World Cup which are competitions every player wants to play in.

Clubs are as bad with the pre-season tournaments all over the place.
Just goes to show the stupidity of footballers.

Risking one of the world's most lucrative and prestigious careers to take part in some petty nationalism in second rate contests.

Just goes to show the stupidity of footballers.

Risking one of the world's most lucrative and prestigious careers to take part in some petty nationalism in second rate contests.
Admit it though, you are addicted to watching stupid footballers, some of whom are pricks, some of whom are useless. And you even post about them in forums. For free! While they make tons of money every week. Life is beautiful.

Admit it though, you are addicted to watching stupid footballers, some of whom are pricks, some of whom are useless. And you even post about them in forums. For free! While they make tons of money every week. Life is beautiful.
That's true, but they really shouldn't be wasting their time on what they're not paid for.

In fact, if the top few clubs came together and all agreed to ban it in their contracts, football would be all the better.

Having different values, dreams and aims to you makes someone stupid.

That's quite a statement.
I'd don't think it's an unreasonable generalisation to suggest that level of education has an inverse relationship with the level of nationalism shown.

I'm not sure about other nationalities but it's a reasonable assumption in this country.

Disagreeing with me doesn't necessarily make them stupid in itself, just wrong.

I'd don't think it's an unreasonable generalisation to suggest that level of education has an inverse relationship with the level of nationalism shown.

I'm not sure about other nationalities but it's a reasonable assumption in this country.

Disagreeing with me doesn't necessarily make them stupid in itself, just wrong.
I don't think nationalism is the only driving factor in wanting to play for the national team.

Back