• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Alli used to dovetail nicely with Kane, he'd move into the space Kane vacated by working the channels and/or dragging defenders away.

Well one thing is for sure he is nowhere near the player he was a couple of seasons back, now that could be down to the system changing, players regressing like Toby ( who was always playing him long ball to run onto), Ericksen who could read our players better then anyone and him and Dele being on the same train of thought.

Could be down to opposing players/ managers seeing his strengths and closing them down. Whatever the reasons he has not shown his ability like he used too and to be honest i struggle to see him fitting into our set up right now. One thing is for sure Jose has to try and make the best of his talent.

I agree. As I said in the Everton thread, in future I really see him in partnership with a big bruising bullying CF. This new guy can do the hard yards Harry used to do ( in prime Poch days) leaving Harry to play more of a Sherringham role. Thus we maximize his goal scoring and passing prowess without asking him to do battle with monster centre halves. The best of both worlds for me.

I’d be perfectly happy if he left end of season. He’s too good for where we are now as a club. We’re brick. He will always be in the top goal scorers list. He’s given us his time so unlike others, I won’t think he’s a traitor for up she leaving if he does.
I couldn't blame him for leaving. It must be really frustrating playing up front for us knowing that we don't have a player that can give him a decent pass.
Yesterday he dropped deeper on a few occasions and played some brilliant passes, but he must know that nobody is going to give him the same passes.
The number of times we counter and it breaks down due to the likes of Sissoko, Son and Moura having a football IQ barely above 0 and not releasing the ball at the right time.
At some stage, he has to give up trying as he knows he's wasting his time.

Unless we can invest a fitting amount in the squad soon, Harry sadly must move on. He's not getting any younger and he looks all over the place ATM

I couldn't blame him for leaving. It must be really frustrating playing up front for us knowing that we don't have a player that can give him a decent pass.
Yesterday he dropped deeper on a few occasions and played some brilliant passes, but he must know that nobody is going to give him the same passes.
The number of times we counter and it breaks down due to the likes of Sissoko, Son and Moura having a football IQ barely above 0 and not releasing the ball at the right time.
At some stage, he has to give up trying as he knows he's wasting his time.

He’d have scored two yesterday if he’d done his job properly, he didn’t follow up on shots against notorious parrier Pickford and didn’t make the far post run when Davies put a great ball across.

He’s playing lazy at the minute.

He’d have scored two yesterday if he’d done his job properly, he didn’t follow up on shots against notorious parrier Pickford and didn’t make the far post run when Davies put a great ball across.

So basically he's in a group with Ndombele.....give over.:D

Don't think he's lazy, just that he's legs have gone to an extent. He doesn't even jump with defender's anymore.

He is attacking the ball there though going forwards
Whereas as for the passes he gets in attack are speculative with his back to the goal

I remember he used to hold off the defender, control it then spin and leave the defender for dead. Even though he has never been particularly fast, there was a period where he seemed to gain some pacpeace and acceleration from somewhere.

I remember he used to hold off the defender, control it then spin and leave the defender for dead. Even though he has never been particularly fast, there was a period where he seemed to gain some pacpeace and acceleration from somewhere.
Not from aerial passes
Balls to feet he still can
He did it vs West Ham

There was a moment in the first half last night where he killed it, turned, and drove at them, he was a back for a fleeting moment.

His clock running at the end last night was first class though.

innocent (ish) question: When was Kane last nominated for man of the match in an OMT and when was the last time he won it?

I agree. As I said in the Everton thread, in future I really see him in partnership with a big bruising bullying CF. This new guy can do the hard yards Harry used to do ( in prime Poch days) leaving Harry to play more of a Sherringham role. Thus we maximize his goal scoring and passing prowess without asking him to do battle with monster centre halves. The best of both worlds for me.

I have posted on here several times since he became a regular that he has all the ability to be another Sheringham and the talent to make that place his own. He seems to have lost the spark of a CF who bullies players ( mostly down to injurys) and maybe he will become deeper over the years.

I have posted on here several times since he became a regular that he has all the ability to be another Sheringham and the talent to make that place his own. He seems to have lost the spark of a CF who bullies players ( mostly down to injurys) and maybe he will become deeper over the years.

I dont think he has, what I think he has lost is players that can:

1. pass the ball in the final third
2. beat a man in the middle that draws out a defender
3. a midfield that passes it forward.

I dont think he has, what I think he has lost is players that can:

1. pass the ball in the final third
2. beat a man in the middle that draws out a defender
3. a midfield that passes it forward.

He used to get so much more ammunition than he currently is. If you remember just a year or so back you had eriksen playing well clipping in early balls, an in form Dele linking well, with Rose and Tripper getting plenty of crosses in. Nowadays everyone just seems to run forward in straight lines to attack and it feels like he has to try and make something happen himself.
I still think he can get back to that peak form but its going to take some magical transfer business to find some more creativity behind him (...and better full backs!)

Yet he still played the smartest pass of the day in the first-half and finds himself having to look for the ball. Plus we tend to sit so deep that by proxy he finds himself running from deeper positions most of the time, so yes, he probably is not going to be where he should be half the time because we are shagging it selection-wise!

Back