• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

They are now their on that downward spiral
They have shown they can play well and their not going anywhere there

One poor season doesn’t mean Kane will jump ship but people seem to think so...

More so the length of time it will take for us to get back to the level we were at recently - most seem to agree it's a rebuild we're looking at so in reality challenging for the top prizes is some time away - unless we have exceedingly good luck in the transfer market this summer

But would he want to leave

I think he might. He's 27 this summer and probably only has 2-3 season's of top level performances to give before he starts to drop off. We've not shown the level of ambition to match his and realistically it's going to take another year to truly get us a squad that can challenge for major honours. Only the top sides will be attractive to him and now might be the last window that he is attractive to them. If he wants to win thing's, now's the time to make the jump.

I know such thinking upsets people, but the way this season has gone clearly shows that we need to rebuild most of the defence and attack. Footballer's have a short shelf life and they know it. If I were in his position I'd be considering all option's. I think only a Euro's win might sway him into thinking that he's won something major and can be happy with that.

The sticking point for me is that I'd want him to go abroad, but I think that he would want to stay in the Premier League. UTD are obviously considered to be favourites for his signature because any good player is immediately their property by right (fudging entitled clams), but they also are meant to be getting Sancho. They will not be able to afford both as the pair would cost around £250-275m (Sancho would be worth upwards of £100m and Kane is worth more) and there are hardly any players in their squad that they would want to sell that could make a significant dent in that total. Unless of course they cash in on Pogba.

City seem the more likely option as Aguero is 5 years older and surely close to his twilight years. They'd find a new tourism sponsor to buy Harry without any trouble too and there would be no risk of them having a trophyless next 4-5 years.

I think he might. He's 27 this summer and probably only has 2-3 season's of top level performances to give before he starts to drop off. We've not shown the level of ambition to match his and realistically it's going to take another year to truly get us a squad that can challenge for major honours. Only the top sides will be attractive to him and now might be the last window that he is attractive to them. If he wants to win thing's, now's the time to make the jump.

I know such thinking upsets people, but the way this season has gone clearly shows that we need to rebuild most of the defence and attack. Footballer's have a short shelf life and they know it. If I were in his position I'd be considering all option's. I think only a Euro's win might sway him into thinking that he's won something major and can be happy with that.

The sticking point for me is that I'd want him to go abroad, but I think that he would want to stay in the Premier League. UTD are obviously considered to be favourites for his signature because any good player is immediately their property by right (fudging entitled clams), but they also are meant to be getting Sancho. They will not be able to afford both as the pair would cost around £250-275m (Sancho would be worth upwards of £100m and Kane is worth more) and there are hardly any players in their squad that they would want to sell that could make a significant dent in that total. Unless of course they cash in on Pogba.

City seem the more likely option as Aguero is 5 years older and surely close to his twilight years. They'd find a new tourism sponsor to buy Harry without any trouble too and there would be no risk of them having a trophyless next 4-5 years.

I’ve ‘Liked’, when i anything but like the content of this comment. Basically, I agree with all of the above. I think unless we get CL again next year, Kane goes / agitates to leave this summer, unfortunately...

I just think there are no guarantees anymore unless you go to a one horse league and even their getting stirred a little with lazio and Leipzig

he is absolutely loaded now and people think only in salary terms forget his sponsorship deals are very big as England captain and the most marketable player on these shores

United are a shambles... city look to foreign players... pool don’t believe they need him or he would suit them and that’s it over here

like I say, I just don’t see it. I’ve met him once and met his brother and dad several times and they gave no indication that he was only here for the trophies. Everything they say is all about being the highest ever scorer

More so the length of time it will take for us to get back to the level we were at recently - most seem to agree it's a rebuild we're looking at so in reality challenging for the top prizes is some time away - unless we have exceedingly good luck in the transfer market this summer

I imagine he will have a sit down with Levy/Jose and want to hear what plans they have.

If it’s sit on what we have he will be off, if we show ambition he may be on side

If I could have Kane or, say, Lo Celso, Bergwijn and a half-baked striker like Callum Wilson, I'd stick with Harry.
This. Kane is worth way more than £150m to Spurs in terms of our club, our team, squad, captain, figurehead, global standing, perception, goals, league position, cups, attitude, everything.

We can £150m "extra" by getting into the CL a couple of times instead of flailing about in 7th place.

I just think there are no guarantees anymore unless you go to a one horse league and even their getting stirred a little with lazio and Leipzig

he is absolutely loaded now and people think only in salary terms forget his sponsorship deals are very big as England captain and the most marketable player on these shores

United are a shambles... city look to foreign players... pool don’t believe they need him or he would suit them and that’s it over here

like I say, I just don’t see it. I’ve met him once and met his brother and dad several times and they gave no indication that he was only here for the trophies. Everything they say is all about being the highest ever scorer

I think that’s wishful thinking. You are right about there being no guarantees but he stands a far greater chance of winning something with Emirates Marketing Project, Liverpool, every other big 6 side, Barca, Real, Juve and Bayern than he does staying at Spurs. This club just seems allergic to trophies at the moment and we’re not getting any closer. I can’t imagine footballers ever think i will go to x club then I am guaranteed trophies but he must look at Kyle Walker for example who has won the lot with the exception of the CL and feel a tad envious.

Not saying he would ever agitate for a move but to believe he would turn down bigger clubs than us is a little naive.

If you were Harry, when you see the brick show our club is now (from top to bottom) why would you stay if you had the chance to leave?

If you were Harry, when you see the brick show our club is now (from top to bottom) why would you stay if you had the chance to leave?

You have to wonder, and of course he will have contemplated his options.

I do think, like other posters have suggested, that he wants a full pre season and season with Mourinho in charge. My impression is that Kane and many other players have tremendous respect for Mourinho as a manager, sees him for the proven winner he is, and thinks he can make them winners too.

So far it isn't looking bright of course, but it's still early days for Mourinho.

I think he will absolutely evaluate his options this summer, especially with Eriksen gone and if Dele goes. If Dele stays? Maybe he will give it one more season, otherwise I don't think so.

Back