• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Think we need to pull him out of England squad for his own good.

A long break needed.

It's only two games, I'm 100% sure that he'll want to play and he'll be targeting it as a trophy.

Wrong decision to start him imo and I thought that even before the semi final. He played exactly as I thought he would and exactly as he often does after his ankle injuries.

Beyond the trophy itself, the prestige, whatever, I also think that a big trophy (PL, CL, WC) could have kept Kane here for as long as we wanted really and he'd have been satisfied. As long as we were still generally competing.

I hope we (and he) manage to win one of these big trophies soon.

If we didn't win it was always going to be the main talking point - he was no worse than Eriksen Alli or Son but because they weren't recently injured there isn't something to focus on

Of course he was worse than them. Just the eye test was enough for me but I've just had a look at the stats and they're worse than I actually remember.

Passes Touches Shots

Kane 11, 26, 1
Son 22, 47, 3
Dele 36, 47, 3
Eriksen 40, 52, 3
Moura 5, 10, 2

That is a shocking performance.

Kane played exactly as he usually does when he comes back from these ankle injuries.

Firmino also has a very poor performance imo.

As an aside, I agree the unit of the 4 of them were the most disappointing part of the team for me. Kane poor. Eriksen didn't really provide the spark we needed. Son... Tried hard and almost broke through a couple of times but the quality just wasn't quite there unforunately.

And Dele. Oh Dele. I'm trying not to criticise individuals too harshly at the moment so I will say this. He's got a lot of scope for improvement next season and needs to make sure he realises his potential....

Of course he was worse than them. Just the eye test was enough for me but I've just had a look at the stats and they're worse than I actually remember.

Passes Touches Shots

Kane 11, 26, 1
Son 22, 47, 3
Dele 36, 47, 3
Eriksen 40, 52, 3
Moura 5, 10, 2

That is a shocking performance.

Kane played exactly as he usually does when he comes back from these ankle injuries.

Firmino also has a very poor performance imo.

As an aside, I agree the unit of the 4 of them were the most disappointing part of the team for me. Kane poor. Eriksen didn't really provide the spark we needed. Son... Tried hard and almost broke through a couple of times but the quality just wasn't quite there unforunately.

And Dele. Oh Dele. I'm trying not to criticise individuals too harshly at the moment so I will say this. He's got a lot of scope for improvement next season and needs to make sure he realises his potential....

Up until the 58th minute when Firmino got subbed there weren’t much between him and Kane.

The only real upside to last night’s 90 minute runout is that Kane should be match sharp for England duty and hopefully will be picking up that Nations League trophy as a consolation prize next weekend.

F7E62246-ECE0-4443-8A04-9D752A8D90E7.png

So frustrating, it's clear he wasn't fit and shouldn't have started. They showed his touch map at half time and he'd had 11 touches and I think only one of them was in the final third of the pitch (most were just inside their half). Obviously we'll never know but can't help but think we'd of caused them more problems with Moura and Son both running at them and cutting inside, VVD managed him with ease.

We need to stop him always starting, time and again he comes back from injury and takes a few games to ramp up. He should be treated as any other player and given time to get his fitness up and if that means he's on the bench for 2/3 games then so be it.

Up until the 58th minute when Firmino got subbed there weren’t much between him and Kane.

The only real upside to last night’s 90 minute runout is that Kane should be match sharp for England duty and hopefully will be picking up that Nations League trophy as a consolation prize next weekend.

View attachment 6761

I think stuff like this shows just how these things can be decided on the smallest of margins.

Our two strikers put in basically identical performances.

Differences were:
-One of our players gave away a penalty in the first minute
-Their replacement came in within the hour, ours quite a bit later
-Our replacement was not for the striker becuase realistically, especially in a final like this, we can't sub Kane off the pitch.

If Henderson sticks out his arm in the first minute and Kane converts.... And Moura comes on for Kane at 60 Minutes....ah well, no point thinking what ifs.

I said to my mate on the way to the pub that Kane wouldn't be ready. I gave the same reason as Hootnow; he's always slow to get back to his best after injury. VVD had him in his pocket for most of the night and the rest of the frontline didn't click around him.

He didn't look unfit to me.
People throwing around stats above to try and prove a point.
Comparing his touches to a player in different positions and an opposition player who wasnt playing against 8 men behind the ball instead with tonnes of space.

Kane played the exact same way as he did against Liverpool at the end of March.
If you want to use stats then compare him to that game.

Kane in March V Liverpool : 31 touches, 15 passes, 0 key passes, 87% passing accuracy, 0 aerials won, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 3 times fouled, 1 dispossessed, 3 unsuccessful touches, 0 dribbles, 2 shots, 0 goals
Kane in the CL V Liverpool: 26 touches, 11 passes, 1 key pass, 82% passing accuracy, 2 aerials won, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 3 times fouled, 0 dispossessed, 4 unsuccessful touches, 1 dribble, 1 shots, 0 goals

The media decided before the game that the big story was Harry Kane's injury.
Not Winks coming back from injury, no Aurier coming back and should he play ahead of Trippier.
And some of you lot have lapped it up.

I'd understand if he turned up plainly unfit, stank the place out and had to be subbed off ala Diego Costa.
Then that becomes the story afterwards. But every sports editor had a journo with a Kane story in the can ready to go at full time. It was easy for them.

No one is talking about Trent Alexander Arnold's awful performance. Imagine if Trippier had completed 8 out of 28 passes like that kid did. The Trippier has turned brick since the world cup narrative would be everywhere.
Instead Alexander Arnold gets "the youngest player to win two champions leagues" narrative and photos of him as a kid. That's because there is no predetermined story around him that journos have been thinking all season. People went into the game looking for things to support their existing opinions. The opinion here was "Kane shouldn't start, Moura deserved it". And that information was found every time Kane touched the ball.

Comparing his touches to a player in different positions and an opposition player who wasnt playing against 8 men behind the ball instead with tonnes of space.

Kane in March V Liverpool : 31 touches, 15 passes, 0 key passes, 87% passing accuracy, 0 aerials won, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 3 times fouled, 1 dispossessed, 3 unsuccessful touches, 0 dribbles, 2 shots, 0 goals
Kane in the CL V Liverpool: 26 touches, 11 passes, 1 key pass, 82% passing accuracy, 2 aerials won, 0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 3 times fouled, 0 dispossessed, 4 unsuccessful touches, 1 dribble, 1 shots, 0 goals

Not Winks coming back from injury, no Aurier coming back and should he play ahead of Trippier.

I'd understand if he turned up plainly unfit, stank the place out and had to be subbed off ala Diego Costa.
Then that becomes the story afterwards. But every sports editor had a journo with a Kane story in the can ready to go at full time. It was easy for them.

No one is talking about Trent Alexander Arnold's awful performance. Imagine if Trippier had completed 8 out of 28 passes like that kid did. The Trippier has turned brick since the world cup narrative would be everywhere.
Instead Alexander Arnold gets "the youngest player to win two champions leagues" narrative and photos of him as a kid. That's because there is no predetermined story around him that journos have been thinking all season. People went into the game looking for things to support their existing opinions. The opinion here was "Kane shouldn't start, Moura deserved it". And that information was found every time Kane touched the ball.
Great points. I would also add that Kane playing instead of Moura was not the only choice. Poch could have started Son on the bench (I feel that the Kane/Dele partnership had to be tried) and given Lucas the start.

Great points. I would also add that Kane playing instead of Moura was not the only choice. Poch could have started Son on the bench (I feel that the Kane/Dele partnership had to be tried) and given Lucas the start.

Let's face it none of them were shoe ins, they've all had good a bad games a case could have made for just about any formation with combination of the five of them.

Excellent post. No doubt had we won the game the angle would have been somewhat different.

He's in Rooney stage now.
Needs to stop thinking he is a playmaker and start getting back into positioned where his teammates can feed him.
Make goalscorers the No1 priority every game and only start getting into creator positions if the tactics determined it.
The way we're playing lately, he'd have 0 touches of he didn't come deep for the ball.

He's in Rooney stage now.
Needs to stop thinking he is a playmaker and start getting back into positioned where his teammates can feed him.
Make goalscorers the No1 priority every game and only start getting into creator positions if the tactics determined it.
Agree. Would be interesting to see the stats but it seems that nowadays Kane is looking to pass more and shoot less. He used to get criticised for being too greedy, for not passing to a team mate who was supposedly better placed. Well there were at least a couple of occasions against Liverpool when I wanted him to have a crack but instead he chose to pass.

We need our greedy Kane back.

Last edited:
Agree. Would be interesting to see the stats but it seems that nowadays Kane is looking to pass more and shoot less. He used to get criticised for being too greedy, for not passing to a team mate who was supposedly better placed. Well there were at least a couple of occasions against Liverpool when I wanted him to have a crack but instead he chose to pass.

We need our greedy Kane back.
I wonder how much is down to his repeated ankle injuries?

As Kane doesn’t appear to be as nimble as a couple of seasons ago and taking long range shots must put more strain on the ankles than passing.

Back