1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Kane MBE

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 29 Jan 2013.

1. MKSpur

MKSpur Eidur Gudjohnsen

Although the injury came on the sideline there has been something in Kanes play since the World Cup that seems to make him a magnet for fouls. He’s operating in deeper areas of the pitch, receiving the ball with his back to goal or hanging onto it longer almost looking to draw the foul. I’m not sure if this is a tactical evolution to allow him to play with a quicker partner, him trying to take more responsibility to influence the game or due to a drop off on his mobility.

If we see him again this season it’s likely to be on a patched up 90% fit basis but next season, after a good rest I hope we see him operating a little further forward as believe he is more effective there and perhaps the knocks may reduce with the punishment for a foul in those areas more of a deterrent / means the opponent takes more of a non contact stance. (Insert Eriksen set piece joke here)

2. Robspur12

Robspur12 Dean Austin

I think Kane was unfortunate in that he slipped and twisted the ankle on the way to making a block. Had that not happened he would have been fine.

No blame on Kane whatsoever, he is a competitor who always wants to win. We don't want him to lose that attitude, it's just a shame that it has caused him to be injured on this occasion.

thfcsteff likes this.
  3. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Pat van den Hauwe

Perhaps for the sake of his career (surely all these repeated ankle injuries must have a cumulative effect) Kane take a leaf out of Eriksen’s book and be a bit less gung-ho with his challenges.

Robbo, braineclipse and the dza like this.
  4. the dza

the dza Chris Perry

Would have to agree -- still run, chase and close down, but don't launch into the tackle at the end of it aka 'The Zokora'. Harry does like a tackle, we've seen him launch into plenty. But I'd rather he was fit to score goals than clatter people on the touchline and risk injury.

5. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Ruel Fox

I posted in the yoof thread but may as well raise it here too, with king Harry likely out for the season does Poch give Troy Parrott a chance?

He's been in great goalscoring form and is a fantastic prospect. Been a while since Poch gave a young'un a go, Skipp seems to have dropped off the radar a bit.

Would be a great buzz even for Parrott to come off the bench in a game or two.

6. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Les Ferdinand

Huddersfield is likely the only game that would be possible.

Not against it, but wouldnt expect him to get any chances in our other matches.

7. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Dimitar Berbatov

Parrotts gonna get games for us in the future but the step up from Under 18s to premier league is huge

He has his physique in his favour but I think it will be the summer before we see him playing any first 11 games at the earliest

8. AjaxDeSuperYids

AjaxDeSuperYids William Gallas

I agree and I think the little prick gave Harry a mouthful after, as the utter bastard thought he could get sent off and wanted to try and blame someone else.

He should be banned from ever playing for England again.

9. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Jermaine Jenas

:(:(:(

10. Gazza Dazzla

Gazza Dazzla Mitchell Thomas

Seasons written off, he’s got 4 / 5 months to get himself right again.

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  11. Hootnow

Hootnow Gerry Armstrong

As expected really.

Seen a few articles already saying that Kane hopes to be back for the Nations League this summer.

Obviously could be bs but if its true, ffs Kane please just no. Not this time. Take the summer off, take a well earned rest and strengthen that ankle as much as you possibly can.

Famous last words of course but Huddersfield at home should be by some distance our easiest game left this season so I wonder whether Dele could be rested for that and hopefully come back next week for the return leg.

Our injuries this season have been ridiculous. Not because of players like Wanyama or Dembele (who I expected) but things like the Kane and then immediately Dele injury, Dele breaking his hand, Dier's two weird illnesses rather than injuries as such...followed by an actual injury. I mean ffs.

Robbo, spasm, nayenezgani and 4 others like this.
  12. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Niko Kranjcar

This is based on very little other than the fact it’s a recurring injury but are we putting him back in to the team too soon. He’s always in at the first opportunity. Maybe having 4-5 months off might be good for him as brick as it is for us.

The other option is that he has a weakness there which may well mean this is an injury he gets several more times.

nayenezgani likes this.
  13. P.D.

P.D. Gerry Armstrong

Is there any kind of op he can have to strengthen that area or is he just naturally weak there and we have to deal with it?

14. StephenH

StephenH Tom Huddlestone

Pochettino drives all the players very hard indeed. He is an acolyte of Bielsa who has previous with squads suffering like we are and falling apart towards the end of the seasons.
    Kane is never rested by Pochettino.

15. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Dimitar Berbatov

Thing is very time it’s a contact injury so if he gets big contacts and rolls it, it will happen

The only thing I’ve read is you heal quicker every time

ricky2tricky4city and thfcsteff like this.
  16. Hootnow

Hootnow Gerry Armstrong

Orthopaedic surgery is not my specialty by any means (in fact I always hated it) but from what I remember, operations will rarely restore you to 400% function to be honest, let alone make it stronger. The problem always with ligament damage is that it is not usually a particularly vascular area so tends to take a little while to heal well.

P.D. likes this.
  17. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

He was in great shape the last few weeks, looking very mobile. The one thing he hadn't quite found were his shooting boots. He missed (for him) easy chances against Palace and Emirates Marketing Project. I feel really sorry for him and hope he can achieve the rehab/performance balance necessary to make these things less likely. It will change the way he plays IMO, and we may see him playing a bit more like Eriksen as someone else here already suggested might be a good idea. What I will say is that this season more than nay under Poch we have been at our best when it is backs-to-the-wall fight or flight mode. It seems to galvanize us as a group. I still feel very confident we will finish 3rd and find a way next week. COYS.

Robbo, Robspur12, Daisuk and 5 others like this.
  18. 90291Spur

90291Spur Pat van den Hauwe

The one tiny, small upside is that he won't play in the pony UEFA tournament and can have a proper period of rest to come back stronger next season. And Son will bang in the goals we need.

Robbo, thfcsteff and spasm like this.
  19. ringo

ringo Kasey Keller

I hope I am wrong, but I fear that Kane's ankle problems could end up being a career ender a lot sooner than we would all like.
    He is a big bloke,putting a lot of force through those ankles, with a habit of making heavy tackles (something a lot of forwards seem to avoid),. When you over stretch that ligament over the ankle it's both very painful and hard to strengthen again.

By the way given the right impact it can make an almighty cracking sound, like it's broken, which can be quite unnerving if it is your own ankle.

20. Hootnow

Hootnow Gerry Armstrong

It is possible but I think and hope he will change his game if that happens. He has the capability.

In my opinion, he is pretty much a complete forward currently. Could maybe be a bit quicker but he isn't exactly slow either.

If his mobility is reduced or whatever, I think he has it in him to do what Shearer did and change his game completely and focus mostly on getting up there, holding up the ball/ scoring goals. I genuinely think he could also do a Sheringham and sit back and support the main striker too.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.