• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Didn’t even notice this knee drop & elbow from my viewpoint up in that immense Park Lane but I hope that Lamela is back next week to give this twunt a taste of his own brickhousery :mad:

There is something wrong with football is he gets away with this assault. The fall on top you can just about justify, but the two elbows and the shove in the head are unacceptable. Until Lamela or Dier execute it.

He was only tinkled with Delph because of the abuse he gave Kane after the tackle.

Spot on that is what it was all about ( imo), I know we are all Spurs supporters but Kane threw him self into a tackle he did not need to make, Delph got up and had a few unsavoury words directed at Kane and Poch did not like it.

Kane was at fault and he could have caused damage to Delph and ended up hurting himself. We should always support our players but ( imo) this time Kane was at fault.

Dare I say that him being done for the season and get a few months off isn’t the end of the world if Son steps up again.

But only if.
I can't see our midfield and Llorente providing enough to see us get the success we'd really like.
But I would love a fairy-tale Janssen redemption in the next few weeks culminating in a couple of winning goals in the League.

Spot on that is what it was all about ( imo), I know we are all Spurs supporters but Kane threw him self into a tackle he did not need to make, Delph got up and had a few unsavoury words directed at Kane and Poch did not like it.

Kane was at fault and he could have caused damage to Delph and ended up hurting himself. We should always support our players but ( imo) this time Kane was at fault.
Somewhat reminiscent of Gazza’s challenge on Gary Charles but hopefully not as ruinous to his career.

Sorry, totally disagree.
Watch it again.
Does he need to chase that ball down? No.
Does his foot/angle in any way look like it is shaping to do anything other than block the ball? No.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Somewhat reminiscent of Gazza’s challenge on Gary Charles but hopefully not as ruinous to his career.

Again, I’m sorry, in no way is it close to being similar. Kane’s leg and foot are low to the ground not high into Delph. Very different.

It was interesting to hear a couple of ex-pros agree that Delph left a bit in. He did. There was no reason to leave his foot in like that, he could easily have jumped out/disengaged especially at that position on the pitch. Instead he carried on through and over onto his ankle. He knew what he was doing. If he genuinely thought Kane was trying to do him he’d have jumped out of it.

Sorry, totally disagree.
Watch it again.
Does he need to chase that ball down? No.
Does his foot/angle in any way look like it is shaping to do anything other than block the ball? No.

That is all true BUT I don't agree with your previous comments about Delph, the distance between him playing the ball and Kanes ankle is minimal, the pitch doesn't even help as Kanes foot slipped just before contact. Is not one of those where you know you are going to win it but you put 5 times the force into the tackle than necessary.

Have you seen what Poch said afterwards?. He's called it right.

That is all true BUT I don't agree with your previous comments about Delph, the distance between him playing the ball and Kanes ankle is minimal, the pitch doesn't even help as Kanes foot slipped just before contact. Is not one of those where you know you are going to win it but you put 5 times the force into the tackle than necessary.

Have you seen what Poch said afterwards?. He's called it right.

I did see that mate, but Delph tackles like that and has always been one of those for me. Like Young. A shade south of Adam but in the same postcode...

Unbelievable to see Harry getting blamed for it though. 55 minutes in, 0-0, he wants to continue trying to set the tempo and chase down. I admit, as he went for it I hoped he’d just ease out if he was clearly beaten, but it was tighter than it looked.

I think on this one I am in the minority on the boards, all good, we agree to disagree and onwards we go mate. COYS!

Back