• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Kane tells Tottenham: I'll stay if you show ambition

Harry Kane has told ESPN it is important that Tottenham match his ambition to win trophies and keep improving, amid speculation over his future at the club.

Kane, who is ranked the world's No. 1 striker by ESPN FC, has been linked with Real Madrid but remains happy with Spurs' progress at the moment.

"I've always said as long as the club is moving in the right direction and showing the right ambition, I want to be part of the journey," he said.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy said the move to a new stadium will not affect the club's spending plans, despite Spurs not signing a new player for two transfer windows -- and Kane admits the club have a difficult balancing act looming in the next few years as they seek to win their first trophy since 2008.

"It's something you assess along the way," he said.

"A lot of people look at it and say this is maybe the best team we've had, maybe the best team we'll ever have, and the best manager, but it's important that we have something to show for it.

"It's not just, when we look back in 10 years, we had a great team. It's, 'Look what they did. Look what they won.' The challenge for us is, can we keep going up and up and up? It's going to be difficult in the next couple of years with the stadium and the finances."

Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino has also been linked to Real Madrid, as well as to Manchester United, and Kane highlighted the Argentine's ambition as a factor in their combined success.

"We [him and Pochettino] both want the same things," Kane said. "We both want to push and push and push, and work and work.

"We'll just have to see what happens this season, and go from there."

On Thursday, Kane received the MBE award on Thursday for services to football after leading the national team to the World Cup semfinal in Russia last summer.

Prince William, the president of the English Football Association, presented the 25-year-old Tottenham striker with his medal at Buckingham Palace after Kane was included in Queen Elizabeth's 2019 New Year's honours list.

The thing is, people often dismiss the likelihood of losing our star players in coming years, by saying''that's football, we move on.' Players like Toby, and Eriksen, both if whom will leave this summer.

But they rarely include Dele and Kane in the list of possible departures. Whereas if we carry on like this, it is likely those two will leave in a season or two.

We have them now because a) Dele is young, and on a long contract, and b) Kane is Spurs through and through. But, the trouble about transitioning to a new era of players is that there is always a long period of transition - at least for bargain-basement players and raw, young ones, which are the two types we exclusively shop for.

When we rebuild this summer, we are setting ourselves up for one, maybe seasons of transition again. And the problem is, Kane and Alli won't be here if we spend two more years being football's amiable losers, always coming close but never closing, bottling in games like yesterday's.

Players move on in football, that is true. But someone like Kane, a Spurs lad from our academy, a world-class striker who is one of our own and bleeds lillywhite...

..he's the sort of player who comes around once every 50 years. And to lose him because he didn't arrive at the right time for ENIC or the club to bother funding a proper team around him...that would be an enormous, indescribable blow that would be far greater than just another player leaving.

The thing is, people often dismiss the likelihood of losing our star players in coming years, by saying''that's football, we move on.' Players like Toby, and Eriksen, both if whom will leave this summer.

But they rarely include Dele and Kane in the list of possible departures. Whereas if we carry on like this, it is likely those two will leave in a season or two.

We have them now because a) Dele is young, and on a long contract, and b) Kane is Spurs through and through. But, the trouble about transitioning to a new era of players is that there is always a long period of transition - at least for bargain-basement players and raw, young ones, which are the two types we exclusively shop for.

When we rebuild this summer, we are setting ourselves up for one, maybe seasons of transition again. And the problem is, Kane and Alli won't be here if we spend two more years being football's amiable losers, always coming close but never closing, bottling in games like yesterday's.

Players move on in football, that is true. But someone like Kane, a Spurs lad from our academy, a world-class striker who is one of our own and bleeds lillywhite...

..he's the sort of player who comes around once every 50 years. And to lose him because he didn't arrive at the right time for ENIC or the club to bother funding a proper team around him...that would be an enormous, indescribable blow that would be far greater than just another player leaving.

Lets assume we have £200m in the kitty if like you say, Eriksen and Toby left. Wage cap increased to increase the pool of players available.

Who are the 3-4 players you would try for?

Lets assume we have £200m in the kitty if like you say, Eriksen and Toby left. Wage cap increased to increase the pool of players available.

N'Dombele tops my list. Ticks the boxes of both a very very good signing and in a position we've been lacking.

Closely followed by any decent RB. Wan-Bissaka would be good but that ship has probably sailed.

Plus I still fear all of this is based upon getting top four and CL money.

N'Dombele tops my list. Ticks the boxes of both a very very good signing and in a position we've been lacking.

Closely followed by any decent RB. Wan-Bissaka would be good but that ship has probably sailed.

Plus I still fear all of this is based upon getting top four and CL money.

As in he will go to a bigger club? That's the whole point tho isnt it, that we compete with them for all players, not just take the 2nd tier.

FWIW I'm keen on the same crop. If Eriksen went I'd love to get Marco Reus. I know he's glued to Dortmund and is not the exact same type of player, but he would be brilliant behind Kane somewhere.

Pochettino is apparently so particular about things like character of players it makes it almost impossible for us to have scooby regarding suitable new arrivals.

Kai Haivertz
Ndombele
That’s a £100m done there

Then Aaron’s from Norwich, someone like Brandt and a CB
That would eat up another £100m

Nabil Fekir - 50m
Isco - 50m
Mario Hermoso - 30m
N'Dombele - 70m

There, 200m. Just off the top of my head. Other gettable, high end players worth considering include Julian Brandt (release clause of 25m), Jasper Cillessen (30m, or thereabouts), Hakim Ziyech (30m, or thereabouts), Kovacic (40m, or thereabouts), Draxler (50m or thereabouts, if PSG are willing to let him go), Wan-Bissaka (60M, or thereabouts) and so on.

Most of those players are in their prime, or are young players capable of being absolutely world-class, and already capable of playing in the biggest leagues, on the biggest stages.

None of them are the Championship Brexit phalanx of Jarrod Bowen, Jack Grealish, Harvey Barnes and so on. Because we can easily meet our HG quota without signing any of them.

And all of them are better than signing the famed N.O.One, which will have been our 'strategy' for over 18 months by the time the window rolls around again.

Nabil Fekir - 50m
Isco - 50m
Mario Hermoso - 30m
N'Dombele - 70m

There, 200m. Just off the top of my head. Other gettable, high end players worth considering include Julian Brandt (release clause of 25m), Jasper Cillessen (30m, or thereabouts), Hakim Ziyech (30m, or thereabouts), Kovacic (40m, or thereabouts), Draxler (50m or thereabouts, if PSG are willing to let him go), Wan-Bissaka (60M, or thereabouts) and so on.

Most of those players are in their prime, or are young players capable of being absolutely world-class, and already capable of playing in the biggest leagues, on the biggest stages.

None of them are the Championship Brexit rude boys of Jarrod Bowen, Jack Grealish, Harvey Barnes and so on. Because we can easily meet our HG quota without signing any of them.

And all of them are better than signing the famed N.O.One, which will have been our 'strategy' for over 18 months by the time the window rolls around again.

Fekir only has one knee. Apart from that I pretty much agree.

Nabil Fekir - 50m
Isco - 50m
Mario Hermoso - 30m
N'Dombele - 70m

None of them are the Championship Brexit rude boys of Jarrod Bowen, Jack Grealish, Harvey Barnes and so on. Because we can easily meet our HG quota without signing any of them.

kovacic is brick

kovacic is brick

Nah, just been used wrong by Chelski.

He was brilliant for Madrid at times, and he's a perfect blend of what we need - amazing ball carrier, good defensively, strong. Shorter Dembele, more or less.

N'Dombele is an upgrade on him in every sense, but Kovacic is still damn good, imo.

Fekir only has one knee. Apart from that I pretty much agree.

Fair, but that can be managed, imo. From what I heard, it's a risk. But that's why he's unlikely to go to a very top club, and I think the tradeoff in terms of his quality and our ability to manage his injury against the long-term risk of him being taken out is favorable for a club like ours.

Nah, just been used wrong by Chelski.

He was brilliant for Madrid at times, and he's a perfect blend of what we need - amazing ball carrier, good defensively, strong. Shorter Dembele, more or less.

N'Dombele is an upgrade on him in every sense, but Kovacic is still damn good, imo.
He really wasn’t brilliant
It’s why their happy to bin him off
He is another player with a more glamourous name

Fekir though is class and I’d take the punt on him

Fair, but that can be managed, imo. From what I heard, it's a risk. But that's why he's unlikely to go to a very top club, and I think the tradeoff in terms of his quality and our ability to manage his injury against the long-term risk of him being taken out is favorable for a club like ours.

at 50m it most certainly is not worth the risk we have had problems with injury prone players the last couple of years.

I would like Brandt, or for our scouting department to actually look and find someone, the are some very good Portuguese players coming through. The English players I would not be so dismissive about as they seem a higher skill set these days but as always over priced. Saw we were linked with the young English lad at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and frankly if we are going down that route we may as well just recall Onomah.

Same with this Michael Keane, 50m fcuk off. For 50m we should expect someone who has at least played a fair amount of european cup football. Prices are mad, mad I tell you.

Didn’t hurt Ledley

Is that confirmed or was it a rumour that came out after his move to Pool collapsed

No his coach confirmed it in an interview, I am sure I read it.

Well the thing with Ledley or any other injured player is you cant have a settled team. Maybe if we could be sure we could get 30 games out of Fekir maybe but not for 50m and can you imagine if he got one of his injuries when we had important matches coming up.

Back