• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I'd prefer to see Soldado playing every game.

I will say that I really wanted Soldado to succeed with us, and always hoped that he would soon turn the corner. Sadly that never materialised, and in the end Kane getting game time helped towards Kane’s success, so it all worked out well.

I’ll be honest and say that I didn’t think Kane would be a great striker. I didn’t see it about him, I thought he had strength but didn’t offer as much as I thought he could. I am very pleased to have been proved wrong. Kane has exceeded beyond the level that I could wished for, and for him to come through our youth system only adds to his success story.

I was quite shocked yesterday to see Wes Morgan outpace Harry on a couple of occasions. It does seem like Harry has lost some pace over the last year to my eye, those ankle injuries adding up or perhaps his training regime, but it looks like he's running in treacle at times.

Still the best striker in the league though.

I think part of why he wanted the #10 as opposed to #9 is because his all-round play is simply amazing. He's almost Modric-esque in terms of his ball retention and supplying abilities. He doesn't mind dropping deeper or working the channels to bring others into play but I enjoy watching everything he does, even if he has the ball at the half-way line. Ultimately, I think it's his confidence that got him where he is today. He never stopped believing in himself and scored some incredible goals because he was never afraid to try (those will always make us forget about any wayward shots).

I was quite shocked yesterday to see Wes Morgan outpace Harry on a couple of occasions. It does seem like Harry has lost some pace over the last year to my eye, those ankle injuries adding up or perhaps his training regime, but it looks like he's running in treacle at times.

Still the best striker in the league though.

I watched the same game and didn't come to that conclusion - or was too busy thinking about the 3 points not to notice...

Please PLEASE somebody assure me and tell me this is a BIG UNTRUTH...:eek:

I think part of why he wanted the #10 as opposed to #9 is because his all-round play is simply amazing. He's almost Modric-esque in terms of his ball retention and supplying abilities. He doesn't mind dropping deeper or working the channels to bring others into play but I enjoy watching everything he does, even if he has the ball at the half-way line. Ultimately, I think it's his confidence that got him where he is today. He never stopped believing in himself and scored some incredible goals because he was never afraid to try (those will always make us forget about any wayward shots).
Great post. And you didn't even mention the almost uncanny number of times it's HIS strong header from a corner that clears danger when we're under extreme pressure at the back. Another noteworthy quality is whenever he makes a mistake and gives away possession he will ALWAYS chase back and try to regain possession for the side even if it means ending up in our own box.

The man is a born leader all over the pitch as well as an outstanding striker. We are so lucky that he insists on staying rather than seeking opportunities to triple his income and guarantee big trophies on a regular basis elsewhere.

I’ll be honest and say that I didn’t think Kane would be a great striker. I didn’t see it about him, I thought he had strength but didn’t offer as much as I thought he could. I am very pleased to have been proved wrong. Kane has exceeded beyond the level that I could wished for, and for him to come through our youth system only adds to his success story.

I dont mind admitting, I specifically described him as "a donkey" at one point. I never saw him making it as a PL striker, let alone the best in the country - if not europe.

And I couldnt be happier to be proven wrong.

Good post, i said on here a few years ago that i thought he reminded me of Teddy and i could see Kane being a top class number 10 as well. His vision from deep is excellant and could see him playing there as his gets older.

I was always willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he was better than his firs appearances. Even back then I would point out that he broke records in the youth team was a regular for England at all levels so couldn't be to bad. When people tinkled on his loans (and still do) also show that they were not that bad - decent for a kid in orient and won YP year award for Millwall in his half a season and a good goal return - injuries meant shouldn't judge on the other two.

I am a bit of a happy clapper... I only turned on Sissoko the week before he finally started to look like a player and I still think Aurier has shown he can be decent. I like Dier and don't think he has played as badly as others say and his flexibility in moving to the back 3 (during games) is a real bonus.

I remember an early sub appearance in a UEFA cup match. We were running down the clock and Harry had no support - he ran the ball into the corner and booted it into Row Z. At the time I remember thinking either this bloke is a bit of a clown or he is a really intelligent footballer. Happily I am glad to report it's the latter (in case any of you need that pointing out!)

Great post. And you didn't even mention the almost uncanny number of times it's HIS strong header from a corner that clears danger when we're under extreme pressure at the back. Another noteworthy quality is whenever he makes a mistake and gives away possession he will ALWAYS chase back and try to regain possession for the side even if it means ending up in our own box.

The man is a born leader all over the pitch as well as an outstanding striker. We are so lucky that he insists on staying rather than seeking opportunities to triple his income and guarantee big trophies on a regular basis elsewhere.

That's a great point regarding the corners. He knows how to read a set piece, whether in defense or in attack. I love watching him play but am glad he was able to get some rest. As for your leader comment, I also hate to do this to Lloris but at this point, I think Harry would make a better captain. Hugo has been a fine captain for us but it's more that Harry has grown into that role and exemplifies leading from the front by pushing himself and everyone else around him. We should name the stadium after him. o_O

I don’t think even Lee Barnard can remember who the old Lee Barnard was! :D
Jamie Slabber?
Tbh I don’t remember him as well but Barnard was
Prolific for the reserves in the same way Kane was which is why I made the comparison.

Up there in the running for MOTM against Barca IMO.

Kane turned up in the big moments tonight. His composure a couple of times in the last 15 mins - obviously the great cross straight to Moura for the cruical goal. And the little slipped reverse ball into Rose was delightful.

Looked like the world class striker (a threat) and attacking player (touch, hold up play, creative passing) that he is.

I remember an early sub appearance in a UEFA cup match. We were running down the clock and Harry had no support - he ran the ball into the corner and booted it into Row Z. At the time I remember thinking either this bloke is a bit of a clown or he is a really intelligent footballer. Happily I am glad to report it's the latter (in case any of you need that pointing out!)

You sure you’re not thinking of the Man U game in Tactics Tim’s season? When he booted it in to Row Z at 2-1 up? I remember thinking “you won’t make a top class striker but that was a stroke of genius.” Thankfully I was only half right.

Back