• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Should be more than the goons. I'm sure I read somewhere about us having more corporate seating than them.

Not only that but the stadium is built for year round use. Even when there arent NFL games or concerts (which of course there will be) there is the bar and sports hub etc that will be getting people in literally every day.

I've really been enjoying hearing opinions from fans of other clubs over the last couple of years belittling anything Kane achieves, and him consistently making a mockery of their opinions (that many spout off as facts). These include:
  • One-season wonder
  • Can't score with both feet
  • Doesn't turn up in the big games
  • Can't head a ball
  • Can't shoot from range
  • Flat track bully/doesn't score against big teams
  • Can't score/doesn't perform in the Champions League
  • Doesn't have the technique to go past players
  • Doesn't bring others into the game
  • Can't hold-up play
  • Failure at international level (granted he needs to 'prove' himself at a tournament, but you'd think England's abysmal performance at the Euros was specifically down to him)

I'm sure there is plenty I've missed. His personality and appearance is also used as some weird source of derision. It's quite amusing.

I've really been enjoying hearing opinions from fans of other clubs over the last couple of years belittling anything Kane achieves, and him consistently making a mockery of their opinions (that many spout off as facts). These include:
  • One-season wonder
  • Can't head a ball
  • Can't shoot from range
  • Can't hold-up play
  • Failure at international level (granted he needs to 'prove' himself at a tournament, but you'd think England's abysmal performance at the Euros was specifically down to him)

I'm sure there is plenty I've missed. His personality and appearance is also used as some weird source of derision. It's quite amusing.
One of them is probably 'too selfish' - something even our own fans level at him all too often. But in a way that's a compliment because the one thing you do want your best striker to be is selfish. Certainly the best 'fault' a prolific striker like Harry can have anyway.

Sometimes he is. Ive been frustrated many times because he took on a shot that he shouldnt with a player better placed to score.

Im not sure its a complaint though, more a frustration for me.

One of them is probably 'too selfish' - something even our own fans level at him all too often. But in a way that's a compliment because the one thing you do want your best striker to be is selfish. Certainly the best 'fault' a prolific striker like Harry can have anyway.

I was going to add that, although I think the 'too selfish' tag comes more from our own fans anyway, as you mentioned!

From Redcafe after the weekend game:

Spurs are very lucky their star player is willing to let the club take advantage of him. For now, that is.

Kane should be playing for England's best clubs.. no offense to spurs but if they fail to win anything this season he should consider his options.

Top class striker no doubt. Looking forward to the day he signs for United.You just know it's going to happen eventually.

Only in England could we create a player so boring. And only in England could we get so excited by it. He does score goals however which is the most important thing for a striker. If that ever slows he has little else to offer the beautiful game.

:D

I was going to add that, although I think the 'too selfish' tag comes more from our own fans anyway, as you mentioned!
I think it is something Harry needs to improve on. He is firmly in Ronaldo mode at the moment (which is no bad thing in fairness) where he will shoot pretty much every single time he gets the ball even if is patently the wrong option. I don't mind the greedy stuff, in fact it is to be encouraged, but there are times when shooting is just the wrong choice. If he sorts his decision making on this he'll step up another level IMO.

I think it is something Harry needs to improve on. He is firmly in Ronaldo mode at the moment (which is no bad thing in fairness) where he will shoot pretty much every single time he gets the ball even if is patently the wrong option. I don't mind the greedy stuff, in fact it is to be encouraged, but there are times when shooting is just the wrong choice. If he sorts his decision making on this he'll step up another level IMO.

Agree with this, all top strikers have a little bit of greed in them ( that's one of the things that make them great) but there is also the part that they will play the better ball when others are in a better position. The best i have ever seen ( Greaves) passed on those occasions.

• One-season wonder
  • Can't head a ball
  • Can't shoot from range
  • Can't hold-up play

Can’t speak
Fat missus
Wants to leave to play American football
Look like a sh1t Rodney trotter

I’ve heard all sorts I really have. One thing I do know is you don’t critique a bad player as a jealous opposition fan

That's the kind of thing that if someone done it to us I'd be screaming at the TV, which makes love it all the more.

Was a bit surprised to read that Harry's loan spells at Orient and Millwall were deemed not too successful. Article states 'He came off the bench for Leyton Orient in 2011, he was on the bench for Leicester, he went to Millwall. All these clubs he went to he didn’t even have a good time, he wasn’t even a starter'

So I decided to do a bit of googling. Didn't bother with Leicester because we know things did not go too well for him there but this BBC article claims that he scored five times in nine starts for Orient and nine goals in 26 starts for Millwall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36321045

Even more significantly the Bleacher report below suggests his loan spells at both Orient and Millwall coincided with a marked improvement in their results and that in each instance Harry was credited with having had something to do with it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...pells-of-harry-kane-from-those-who-were-there

Here's a few quotes from them:

As a young loanee (at Orient) Kane's great knack was getting a shot off early, catching the goalkeeper off balance, which is the X-factor when it comes to finishing. Kane could always get a shot in while the goalkeeper was moving, taking away those necessary microseconds for the man in nets to get set and steady.

Andy Keogh, who played with the Spurs man when he was on loan at Championship side Millwall during the 2011/12 season, recalls:

"He always got his shot off. Always. Left, right, centre; it didn't matter to him, he was brilliant wherever he shot from.

"Everyone at Millwall knew he was going to be a top player," Keogh said. "I remember some of the lads saying he would go on and play for England.

And here's what Joe Gallen, Millwall's assistant manager, had to say about his time there:

“It’s safe to say that we probably would not have stayed up had Harry not come. It was a gamble bringing him because of his age and it being Millwall and the Championship, which is such a tough league. But he just went on a great scoring run. His goals and the way he played changed it all for us.”

At the end of it all, Kane was named as the Millwall young player of the season. “I’m sure they would have liked to give that to someone from the club, rather than a loan player, but they had no choice,” Gallen says. “It was so much about Harry that it had to be him. He was by far and away the best. The fans absolutely loved him.”

So at least two of his loan spells were maybe a tad more successful than the writer seems to infer.

Kane's record vs each Premier League team he has played
  1. Leicester: 8 goals
  2. West Ham: 7 goals
  3. Stoke: 7 goals
  4. West Bromwich: 6 goals
  5. Arsenal: 6 goals
  6. Bournemouth: 6 goals
  7. Everton: 5 goals
  8. Hull: 4 goals
  9. Norwich: 4 goals
  10. Sunderland: 3 goals
  11. Chelsea: 3 goals
  12. Swansea: 3 goals
  13. Aston Villa: 3 goals
  14. QPR: 2 goals
  15. Liverpool: 2 goals
  16. Crystal Palace: 2 goals
  17. Emirates Marketing Project: 2 goals
  18. Southampton: 2 goals
  19. Watford: 2 goals
  20. Huddersfield: 2 goals
  21. Fulham: 1 goal
  22. Saudi Sportswashing Machine: 1 goal
  23. Burnley: 1 goal
  24. Manchester United: 1 goal
  25. Middlesbrough: 1 goal
  26. Cardiff: 0 goals
http://www.marca.com/en/football/international-football/2017/09/30/59cf94f0ca4741d8708b45ba.html

--------------------------------

So, Kane has scored against all the PL teams he has played against except for Cardiff. Maybe he will have a chance if Cardiff gets promoted to PL next season. By the way, Kane's second goal against Huddersfield was a carbon copy of Bale's last goal for us against Sunderland in 2013. Nice to see Kane improving his long range shots.

It is amazing that Kane has been setting and breaking so many records in his career. Kane is surely a legend in the making. But we cannot let him get bigger than the team. Remember the likes of Sheringham, Berbatov and Bale who stabbed us in the back because they got bigger than the team This is what happens when we rely entirely on a single player for the goals. We will need others to step up and get us a fair share of goals. After the way Bale betrayed us, find it difficult to trust fully any Spurs player now, including Kane. Levy will be wise to put a 200m-250m price tag on Kane now.

Was a bit surprised to read that Harry's loan spells at Orient and Millwall were deemed not too successful. Article states 'He came off the bench for Leyton Orient in 2011, he was on the bench for Leicester, he went to Millwall. All these clubs he went to he didn’t even have a good time, he wasn’t even a starter'

So I decided to do a bit of googling. Didn't bother with Leicester because we know things did not go too well for him there but this BBC article claims that he scored five times in nine starts for Orient and nine goals in 26 starts for Millwall:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36321045

Even more significantly the Bleacher report below suggests his loan spells at both Orient and Millwall coincided with a marked improvement in their results and that in each instance Harry was credited with having had something to do with it:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...pells-of-harry-kane-from-those-who-were-there

Here's a few quotes from them:

As a young loanee (at Orient) Kane's great knack was getting a shot off early, catching the goalkeeper off balance, which is the X-factor when it comes to finishing. Kane could always get a shot in while the goalkeeper was moving, taking away those necessary microseconds for the man in nets to get set and steady.

Andy Keogh, who played with the Spurs man when he was on loan at Championship side Millwall during the 2011/12 season, recalls:

"He always got his shot off. Always. Left, right, centre; it didn't matter to him, he was brilliant wherever he shot from.

"Everyone at Millwall knew he was going to be a top player," Keogh said. "I remember some of the lads saying he would go on and play for England.

And here's what Joe Gallen, Millwall's assistant manager, had to say about his time there:

“It’s safe to say that we probably would not have stayed up had Harry not come. It was a gamble bringing him because of his age and it being Millwall and the Championship, which is such a tough league. But he just went on a great scoring run. His goals and the way he played changed it all for us.”

At the end of it all, Kane was named as the Millwall young player of the season. “I’m sure they would have liked to give that to someone from the club, rather than a loan player, but they had no choice,” Gallen says. “It was so much about Harry that it had to be him. He was by far and away the best. The fans absolutely loved him.”

So at least two of his loan spells were maybe a tad more successful than the writer seems to infer.

Millwall loves him there

Levy shouldn't put any price tag on Kane. He should offer him an improved contract and insist that Kane is NOT for sale.

Back