• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

There was some interesting analysis on MOTD2 about how Chelsea isolated Kane, knowing that he drops deep. Richarlison coming on gave us a CF with more vertical movement, which then opened up the game.

What they didn't highlight was that Kulu got kicked out of the game -- he seemed to get fouled (although the ref didn't usually give anything) as soon as the ball went near him.

Isolating Kane and kicking Kulu meant that Sonny was feeding on scraps.
I noted the Deccy stuff for sure, felt it was a game he will learn from in terms of physicality. The Kane thing was clear too. Well observed on Sonny.

Gotta say his timing was off today. Could have got his 250th goal whilst we were still on 1,000 pages.
‘One season wonder’ my arse. One of our own

I do wonder how long opposing teams will be singing “he wanted to leave” in response to our “he’s one of our own”, as he scores against them.
I really wish we didn’t have that City blip but he is just one of the best.

I do wonder how long opposing teams will be singing “he wanted to leave” in response to our “he’s one of our own”, as he scores against them.
I really wish we didn’t have that City blip but he is just one of the best.

Think the response from Wolves was "He's won you fudge all, he's won you fudge all, Harry Kane, he's won you fudge all."

Or did I mishear?

Harry's best game of the season today.

As opposed to all those trophies bulging in the Wolves cabinet,,oh the irony

I get why it's important but was there always such a focus on winning trophies by opposition fans? There's a generation of kids who think Tottenham have never won a trophy because that's all they hear.

Firstly, you can get a lot of joy from football without trophies albeit its great to win them. Secondly, we're one of the most successful clubs in English football.

I never remember it when I was a kid. And I knew a few Leeds, City and Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans.

Think the response from Wolves was "He's won you fudge all, he's won you fudge all, Harry Kane, he's won you fudge all."

Or did I mishear?

Harry's best game of the season today.

yea that one as well - couldn’t quite make it out but that makes sense.
Oh well. As long as he keeps scoring they can all sing what they want. (But it would be nice for us and him to win something, obviously!)

I get why it's important but was there always such a focus on winning trophies by opposition fans? There's a generation of kids who think Tottenham have never won a trophy because that's all they hear.

Firstly, you can get a lot of joy from football without trophies albeit its great to win them. Secondly, we're one of the most successful clubs in English football.

I never remember it when I was a kid. And I knew a few Leeds, City and Saudi Sportswashing Outpost fans.

It's because for the last 10 years we've been doing well. Finishing above most teams. So it's all they have left to hit us with.

There isn't a team we haven't finished above.

I never remember it when I was a kid. And I knew a few Leeds, City and Saudi Sportswashing Outpost fans.

There was never such a focus on games, full stop, because we didn’t have wall-to-wall televised football. Trophies are all that matter now, rather than just taking pleasure in how we play (although I’m aware it’s easy for me to say it’s not all that matters when my formative Spurs supporting years were the 1980s.).

if we are talking history. We have won the 7th most trophies in English football.

If we are talking now, only two clubs are better than us at the moment.

Because we haven’t won anything recently. As soon as we win something it will be yeah but you’ve only won 1 trophy in 15/20/25 years or whenever we end the drought.

It's just become a bit of a meme the last few years due to the rise of football banter pages on social media

Because we haven’t won anything recently. As soon as we win something it will be yeah but you’ve only won 1 trophy in 15/20/25 years or whenever we end the drought.

Same with the Kane goals in August. Listening to the radio driving home,,even though he scored last week, now the new stat is 'He only has 5 goals in August in 25 games'
ffs, move on it's boring

Anyway T-16 to Sir Jimmy. Surely he's breaking that record this season.
Above Aguero into P4 in the PL Charts 2 behind Andy Cole now

Back