• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Hard for attacking players to perform when your midfield is out numbered and you're pushed back like we were today - he's done the business away to City & Liverpool so let's not pretend a poor performance v Chelsea is anything more than what it is
They have to take some blame, the lack of hold up play was shocking today. Every time our midfield / defence tried to play the ball out our front 3 would lose it and they would be right back under pressure again.

Last edited:
They have to take sone blame, the lack of hold up play was shocking today. Every time our midfield / defence tried to play the ball out our front 3 would lose it and they would be right back under pressure again.

I agree, they coughed the ball up repeatedly, bad control, bad passing, bad running routes, lack of awareness, lack of pace, lack of effort to get to the ball first.

I agree, they coughed the ball up repeatedly, bad control, bad passing, bad running routes, lack of awareness, lack of pace, lack of effort to get to the ball first.
Lack of awareness being big for me
Literally turning into the defender with the ball in front of you is not great play

Ok so you want to drop son and kane. Guessing you want a forward 3 of richarlison, gil and kulusevski (who wasn't great either)?
I want Son up front, Kane dropping deep and Kulu can decide for himself. I suspect kane selfishly wants the golden Boot but I don't think he is mobile / fast enough to be leading the attack anymore

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

I want Son up front, Kane dropping deep and Kulu can decide for himself. I suspect kane selfishly wants the golden Boot but I don't think he is mobile / fast enough to be leading the attack anymore

He's our cf. His job is to score goals. The last couple of seasons he has dropped and become provider more. But him scoring goals isn't selfish, he's harry kane.

He's our cf. His job is to score goals. The last couple of seasons he has dropped and become provider more. But him scoring goals isn't selfish, he's harry kane.
Sure, set pieces, from range Kane can still do well for us. But to get the best out of both Son and Kane you need Kane to drop deeper imo.

Help him break the club record, yes. But not at the expense of the team. How to get the maximum amount of goals from both kane and son is what I'm more concerned about.

Sure, set pieces, from range Kane can still do well for us. But to get the best out of both Son and Kane you need Kane to drop deeper imo.

Help him break the club record, yes. But not at the expense of the team. How to get the maximum amount of goals from both kane and son is what I'm more concerned about.

How deep do you want him to drop? He comes deep sometimes so that he can ping a ball to son who's going past him. Doesn't mean we should play him midfield. Especially if the other team is playing a low block. He's scored most of his goals from in the area.

He was stopped from doing that effectively today by a very aggressive Chelsea who also cut off both his access and passing lanes. When we went 4-4-2 (or more like 4-2-4!) the space suddenly opened up for him and he was able to try those passes.

He was stopped from doing that effectively today by a very aggressive Chelsea who also cut off both his access and passing lanes. When we went 4-4-2 (or more like 4-2-4!) the space suddenly opened up for him and he was able to try those passes.

Yeah. Three very good centre backs (James on the day at least played really well), Kante in midfield. Hard working, well drilled players, morphing to a midfield three at times at least.

It's a massive ask to want Kane to just deal with that. We need more from our wide players in those circumstances.

I really liked that change from Conte. Although I wanted changes at half time in hindsight I really like the timing of it as well. We managed to open up the game, creating chaos. But it also made us a lot more open and doing that at half time would have been too early.

There was some interesting analysis on MOTD2 about how Chelsea isolated Kane, knowing that he drops deep. Richarlison coming on gave us a CF with more vertical movement, which then opened up the game.

What they didn't highlight was that Kulu got kicked out of the game -- he seemed to get fouled (although the ref didn't usually give anything) as soon as the ball went near him.

Isolating Kane and kicking Kulu meant that Sonny was feeding on scraps.

There was some interesting analysis on MOTD2 about how Chelsea isolated Kane, knowing that he drops deep. Richarlison coming on gave us a CF with more vertical movement, which then opened up the game.

What they didn't highlight was that Kulu got kicked out of the game -- he seemed to get fouled (although the ref didn't usually give anything) as soon as the ball went near him.

Isolating Kane and kicking Kulu meant that Sonny was feeding on scraps.

The kulu stuff was so obvious i can't believe it wasn't picked up, it led to the second goal.
Chelsea did a really good job of shutting kulu off, but there was a couple of times when he free on the touchline but rather than pick the simple pass to him kane went for a worldie pass into an out numbered player in the box, so of our decision making is really poor.
Dier chipped a ball chest height to son who was 20 yards away and well marked, son could do nothing with it and lost it, what was wrong with a simple ball along the floor to his feet?
Kane, son, and kulu were poor, but i don't think they got any help.

Ok so you want to drop son and kane. Guessing you want a forward 3 of richarlison, gil and kulusevski (who wasn't great either)?
I want a big club mentality, these guys wouldn’t be playing the next game at City with the 2 performances they have shown so far. We may not be able to drop both at the same time but 1 of them should be, might actually make them realise that they need to turn up in important games.

I want a big club mentality, these guys wouldn’t be playing the next game at City with the 2 performances they have shown so far. We may not be able to drop both at the same time but 1 of them should be, might actually make them realise that they need to turn up in important games.
I actually wouldn’t mind Richarlison starting against Wolves and unleash Son later on…..

Back