• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Happy birthday Mr. Hoddle!

Was King a tinklehead or was he unlucky to be photographed leaving a nightclub with his eyes a swonk a couple of times?

See with Ledley King I think he was just drunk and acting like a fool on the occasion where he allegedly racially abused someone, mocked them for their wages, asked whether they knew who he was and made homophobic remarks as well... So MAYBE I'm being biased because I haven't seen Hoddle play but have King?! ;)

But I don't think he was a drunkard. Just a bloke in his 20's. Lennon, Huddlestone and Defoe on the other hand... Well I guess it's debatable where the line between 'likes a drink' and 'is an alcoholic' lies.

See with Ledley King I think he was just drunk and acting like a fool on the occasion where he allegedly racially abused someone, mocked them for their wages, asked whether they knew who he was and made homophobic remarks as well... So MAYBE I'm being biased because I haven't seen Hoddle play but have King?! ;)

But I don't think he was a drunkard. Just a bloke in his 20's. Lennon, Huddlestone and Defoe on the other hand... Well I guess it's debatable where the line between 'likes a drink' and 'is an alcoholic' lies.

..Lenno, yeah...Huddlestone, yeah.....but Defoe??o_O

Blimey, I knew Hoddle was highly regarded but not at this level. I grew up in the 00's and my memory of him has always been a very average manager, whom I wouldn't tinkle on if he was on fire for the comments he made about disabled people.

But seems being the scum of the earth doesn't matter, so long as they've worn some lilywhite on their chest.
What he said was grotesquely offensive to everyone with a disability and I understand why you despise him for it, but to say - in effect - you wish him dead for it is frankly even worse.

But seems being the scum of the earth doesn't matter, so long as they've worn some lilywhite on their chest.

Very disappointed to see that level of vitriol towards one of our greatest players, on a Spurs message board. Having strange views about the disabled - and I believe that there's a fair few also believe in Karma - hardly makes Hoddle "scum of the earth". Hoddle's religious views may be cranky, but he paid a big price for that comment. My impression is that his Spanish venture (looking for diamonds among the cast-offs), was pretty high-risk, and it cost him plenty, but it was a worthwhile achievement. Overall I doubt many on this MB have done half as much as Hoddle has with their lives.

Ledley drank too much as his injury got worse; circular effect. Defoe? Nope. The line? The line is when it affects your normal life regularly. I learnt this speaking with experts in the field for a piece I was working on. That was their definition anyway.

He should have got more caps for England, then the likes of "Goldenballs", but we had to put up with the likes of " Capt Marvel" Palmer, Rix and others.
Platini once said that if Hodd had been French they would have built the team around him. Which England should have done, but he didn't 'cover every blade of grass' and huff and puff. He could hit a 60 yard pass on the turn with back spin so that Tony Galvin didn't have to break stride though. And that midfield with him and Ossie and Hazard and Villa - tasty.

Ledley drank too much as his injury got worse; circular effect. Defoe? Nope. The line? The line is when it affects your normal life regularly. I learnt this speaking with experts in the field for a piece I was working on. That was their definition anyway.
Pretty sure that Defoe was teetotal?

i thought he was very unlucky in '98, his own fault of course with what happened next but I think he could have been an outstanding england manager with the much vaunted " golden generation"

Defoe Drunk? I challenge you to prove when you ever saw or heard of Defoe?

Back